Kallum
:::MAD FOR IT:::

#62 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:10 PM

its been a few months since the last post on this thread, but i can tell you that 2 sites have been chosen, to which the existing landlord has said yes to change of use - that being the biggest hurdle.

AFAIK the back log of paper work for the 2 particular sites ( in 2 totally different boroughs) is some 3 months, so fingers crossed after that time we can start to gut the place and start filling it with machines etc.

would be nice to be in place in time for the world cup :D

#63 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

Get some Monopoly multiplayer in and let me know where they are and I will come and take all the money.. lol.. Just kidding.. Good luck and if you lived nearer I would pop in and waste my money!!!
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#64 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:07 PM

perhaps a mobile arcade????

hmmmmm

#65 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

Good luck and if you lived nearer I would pop in and waste my money!!!

I do..and I won't......

Haven't the foggiest of what machines an arcade has now-a-days after years of being a mug.

Good luck to you Nails as business is business....remember Duplu can supply a banner though rather than use a thread to advertise ;)

#66 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

As far as I've read your arcade is on the sussex coast... Where exactly on the coast? I always go down to the coast as it would be nice to pay a visit!
PLease excuse me if this is already mentioned!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#67 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

As I said on a post ONE before yours.............

Good luck to you Nails as business is business....remember Duplu can supply a banner though rather than use a thread to advertise ;)

As far as I've read your arcade is on the sussex coast... Where exactly on the coast? I always go down to the coast as it would be nice to pay a visit!
PLease excuse me if this is already mentioned!

#68 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:32 PM

im not advertising, as itwas ot the intention of the post.

i personally am very happy, eager and keen to get to grips with this little venture, and wanted to share my joy - the same as some users post about a new frut machine they have proudly bought, whether it be a tuppeny nudger, or the latest barcrest.

I would, if the time ever come, very much like to meet adydb in one of the new arcades (not a million miles away from St. peters church/old steine) for nothing more than a cup of tea and a chat about the fruit-emu community.

#69 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

im not advertising, as itwas ot the intention of the post.

i personally am very happy, eager and keen to get to grips with this little venture, and wanted to share my joy - the same as some users post about a new frut machine they have proudly bought, whether it be a tuppeny nudger, or the latest barcrest.

I would, if the time ever come, very much like to meet adydb in one of the new arcades (not a million miles away from St. peters church/old steine) for nothing more than a cup of tea and a chat about the fruit-emu community.

I'd accept that nail's...Still lets make it after the close time of the Arcade and have a pint....

As I said as a business.........best of luck..........

St Peters............'n' Old Steine.............Nobles spring to mind?

#70 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:38 PM

Nobles amusements have applied to expand its existing arcade in St james st. brighton, but was refused.

Nobles have spent much time over the years developing sites, and one of the key things for a prosperous site is its Width that you can see, and not its depth, and that exactly why they wanted to convert the shop next door (which they already own) to one huge arcade.

since nobles is an established high street arcde, they can get away with minimal percentages.

dont fool me though..

#71 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

I was thinking about sticking two £5 or £8 japoters in my local kebab shop. Split the money with the shop owner and both outside a night club so good business. Would I need a license and what is the maximum I could set the jackpot for?

#72 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:50 PM

Stick SWP's in they don't need licenses - and get a couple of gameboxes (they go for about £300 each) and they take decent money. You need a license otherwise!
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#73 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

well, you dont need a license for a £5 jp.

but...

you could always stick a £1000 jackpot in there as Customs and excise dont cover kebab shops :)

#74 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:31 PM

yes but you need to be a licensed company to actually have the ability to site any machine into a public place to which you are not the owner of.

any fruit machine that has a jackpot of £8 or less and a stake of no more that 10p doesn't need a customs license that the site has to pay.
all trivia machines are exempt if they are less than 50p a go.

baz

#75 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

Customs and excise dont cover kebab shops

yes it does but the owners of kebab shops seem to think they dont.

baz

#76 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

site agreed in principle and now waiting the 28 day appeal..

get ready ady.. almost time for that pint!

#77 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

site agreed in principle and now waiting the 28 day appeal..

get ready ady.. almost time for that pint!

And you'll show me that method BEFORE I lose all my dough lol

#78 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

How on earth have i missed this thread...... this is great news. Looking forward to seeing how this gets on :D

Although i promised myself i was done losing all my money playing machines lol
But in this situation it would be rude not to hehe

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#79 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:34 PM

Looks like im getting an extra pint in then mocco??

#80 mjvaj123

mjvaj123

The 300 Kid

• Regulars
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

nicely done nials,
stick 2 or 3 red cray fruits in there as they are attractive and people love em, also crazy trails is a good machine, monoploy(3 player) golden game and vegas nights seem to play well and suck money aswell

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users