Posted Image

#42 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:09 PM

Fine, f*** off then

What started as a perfectly friendly thread going into insults by a MOD. Jesus christ. I dont have a problem with you ady, but I dont like being pathetically insulted for no reason what so ever.

Theres no reason for shit like that

Im going now. Bye
Posted Image

#43 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Fine, fuck off then

What started as a perfectly friendly thread going into insults by a MOD. Jesus christ. I dont have a problem with you ady, but I dont like being pathetically insulted for no reason what so ever.

Theres no reason for shit like that

Im going now. Bye

Bye......

Get real ok.........

You have watched this thread for some 20 minutes, why?

...dont wait for a thread to support you.....

Arcade owners are there for themselves......not you....

Ok lick ass and you may get £20 of free play's.....but that ass'll be be screwed for 10x that....

FME...I love to bit's....it's all I can afford (and I wish I'd discovered it earlier)....arcade owners....Thanks a lot!

I posted my reply as I think all arcade owners can go to hell......not to cause shit.

Preying on the misfortune of others

All the best from me too ... :D

Agree totally

#44 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:25 PM

Listen............

A mate of mine owns an arcade in Brighton....get that nails (not too many here as you know)

He knows I was addicted and he's totally straight with me......He supps a pint and say's"ahh cheers Ady you bought that".

He tries mildly telling me...but it's his living....good on him!

As a drinking mate....He's a sound bloke
As an Arcade owner...He is a tosser
He know's I feel that way...why?...because I tell him...odd not really, we get on well--he knows theres (in his word's) loads more mug's out there

#45 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

£5000 for the planning! Nasty.

The float 30 machines (think 5 is the max of section 16s so they should really be full as £500 £1s can be won on the 1st credit off each one, unlikely but they are random). Half filling all others should do the trick i'd say. Change machines, haven't a clue how many they hold but they will definatly need to be full.

How much does it set an arcade owner back these days to site 1 £25 jackpot machine/£5er/section 16 etc.

You're right, stay away from new Barcrests but older 'rechipped' machines are the way to go i'd say, you know, Fireball, All Fired Up, Cash Bang Wallop etc. If I was you i'd also give Bell Fruit hi techs a wide birth as they are shit basically and the people you will attract just won't play them 'as much' as a Barcrest or even an Electrocoin lo tech.

I'd go for a Party Time arena and a Monoploy plasma for the multi players. The most played multi player games around this way.

#46 romx

romx

the psycho cash beast

• New Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:37 PM

what the heck happened to this thread ?
yeah we have all lost a lot of money in amusements but you dont go into one and start insulting the owner do you.
if im gonna throw my money away i like the idea of atleast having some input to what machines are gonna rob me blind :D

#47 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:50 PM

:rolleyes:

Andy
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#48 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:31 AM

every business is there to take money from the public, and an arcade is no exeption. its not rocket science to see a machine, clearly labled less that 100% return, means you WILL lose money. its not that clear cut, as im sure we all know, that fact that someone else `may` have lost money, means that your in with a chance to make more money than you put it, though the deck is not usually stacked in your favour.

an arcade is no different to any other business, period. if you buy 20 bottle of vodka from a off-licence, you make the owner happy, if you spend money in an arcade, you make the owner happy. It doesnt matter how many times you tell someone that the house always wins, people will always come back for more. about 10 years ago i discovered club machines, a few loans later, i had nothing, you are not alone adydb, i do know what it feels like, and i sympathise. but as for abusing your position as moderator, to make rude comments to other users of this forum, is not on. Where on earth did the pt05 insult come from????

ive read Adydb`s reply regarding his mate owening an arcade a couple of times now, and can only assume he`s still playing in his arcade, else he wouldnt be buying the owner a pint with `his money`

what started as a totally genuine thread, has gone totally sour. we all have views on subject, some of use have a more stern view to topics than others. it would be nice to continue the threads in the forums without insults, or attacks that are personal.

#49 mangolio

mangolio

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:26 AM

Couldnt have put it better myself.

#50 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:33 AM

Hi All

On the points raised firstly do you have a pop at the owner of of a pub because your addicted to drink, no so why have a go at arcade owners because your addicted to gambling. Both of these places are there to provide a service for those people that want to avail themseves of it, no one is dragging you in. I know that over the years i have lost many pounds in arcades, but i dont blame the owners, I choose to go in there and spend my money in the machines. I still play but now i only spend a small amount of cash a week and when my allownce is gone i leave, sometimes i am up sometimes i am down, but thats it. I much prefer to play on the emus nothing is lost or won but i can still have my fun. Good luck to nails in his venture if the people in the town where your opening like what your offering then thay will come and play in your arcade if not thay will go elsewhere, just like any other buisness you have to keep the customers happy to keep them coming back.

Cliff C

#51 chez

chez

aka cfdu.

• New Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:07 AM

nails, what will be your approach to players? (and i don't mean casual ones!)

#52 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:28 AM

When I'm more sober I'll read the small points of this thread!

I won 3-0 and 2-1 at darts tonight, and only bought the darts on the way back from handing my notice in at Argos at 3pm... so am a little worse for wear... I forgot the... ummm... player afflicted with 'deferred success' had to buy the winner a drink :)

Even more amazing when I went from 26g to 21g, considering I was throwing 31g last year :)

LOL... I probably do deserve the 'Most off topic post for this thread' award for that one... in my defense it was a VERY good game of darts and I had more to drink than usual. He actually MADE me have a pint after the first game, probably to make me play worse, and wouldn't take no for an answer on the second pint either ;)

I'm not that keen on the direction this thread has gone in, and at no fault of the author. Heck I couldn't fault someone if they wanted to start an arcade up, it isn't as easy as you may think to have a sucessful arcade, and I wish Nails the best of luck in it.

I suppose I should really tidy this thread up, I'll split bits from it in the next few minutes :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#53 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

Hi All

On the points raised firstly do you have a pop at the owner of of a pub because your addicted to drink, no so why have a go at arcade owners because your addicted to gambling. Both of these places are there to provide a service for those people that want to avail themseves of it, no one is dragging you in. I know that over the years i have lost many pounds in arcades, but i dont blame the owners, I choose to go in there and spend my money in the machines. I still play but now i only spend a small amount of cash a week and when my allownce is gone i leave, sometimes i am up sometimes i am down, but thats it. I much prefer to play on the emus nothing is lost or won but i can still have my fun. Good luck to nails in his venture if the people in the town where your opening like what your offering then thay will come and play in your arcade if not thay will go elsewhere, just like any other buisness you have to keep the customers happy to keep them coming back.

Cliff C

AGREED!!!!

nobody breaks your arm to put money into the machines, nobody drags you into arcades at gun point.

addicts don't have a problem with gambling they have a problem of being an addict in itself.

lincsleisure1

#54 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

About time we had a lively thread......

#55 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:33 PM

About time we had a lively thread......

its gone way over a 1000+ viewers....lol

just imagine that in posts just on this thread

i bare to think

#56 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

perhaps it should have been titled `potential brothel opening` just to spice up the number of views..

#57 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

in regards to the post by chez, we`ve put alot of thought into this. obviously we dont want groups of kids, nor do we want scammers coming in. you can trust me when i say they will ALL be over 90% return machines. if a player doesnt win, he wont come back.

if i had my way, i would disable the hopper key, and replace it with a loud noise that tells the whole bloody arcade what they have been upto.

i dont expect to make any money the first few months, due to flyers for freebies etc. i wasnt going to have a golden game or a monopoly, but if the audience is right, and they want it, so be it. the existing partner had an arcade in Brighton for some 20 years, but since the present arcade is inland, the type of client cannt be compared. though for the some 8 years at his existing inland arcade, its certainly not the afluent who pump their money, its the 35-55 bracket, plus you have the odd 20-25 who still lives with mum and has absolutly nothing to do with his money.

ive seen some absolutly crap givaways in different arcades, i myself have won a tin of spaghetti hoops in a nobles arcade, trust me, ive never been back since (course i blame the over heads, not the staff) i believe in a decent cash prize, but still a pot of tokens (£15-£20) as a consulation prize. these can still be used in 50% of the machines who have been programmed to accept them.

#58 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

the existing partner had an arcade in Brighton for some 20 years, but since the present arcade is inland, the type of client cannt be compared

Now I know EXACTLY who you are talking about and they know me....(owned by 2 gay guy's!)...not like that though!!!!!!!

Just say the Copper and a staff member (female!) ;)

There is only One arcade that has closed that picked up elsewhere (they had Btn (now a bar-Marine parade) and Bournmouth) at the same time.....the Second one (different owners) is a no-go anywhere

#59 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:53 PM

not even close, try again..

#60 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:42 PM

wish me luck, the existing landlord of a property is being contacted, with the proposal of changing his existing property to an arcade. all being well after that, our solicitor is to be contacted, and the paperwork will be started.

i cant believe how much it will cost to buy upto 50 assorted machines...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users