77 replies to this topic

#41 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Vectra I've seen your layout and they are good, all of them. The layout badge should (if it hasn't been) be issued straight away regardless of personal issues, which most of us are not interested in whatsoever (we have seen bigger shitstorms in our time)!!!

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#42 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

I've decided that I'm going to have my right to reply, here, seeing as I can't reply in the latest locked thread.  If I'm being slagged somewhere, where I can't defend myself then at least I can explain something here.

The other night when Ady sent me the PM's to which he refferred in the locked thread, where he posted this.................

may I just add that we DO take this seriously.

I sent a PM to Phil asking what this was all about (and indeed remains a PM).

Though it, and a 2nd PM from myself had been read at 10:08pm last night (05/08/14) I have not had a reply either...........not even a "sorry I want to talk with Alex".

A PM acted on promptly is ignored, a report IS addressed always promptly too....This don't add-up to me!

After he unlocked the thread, just so he could do so.

I was in the middle of reading him PM's when I got a phone call from a friend, to tell me that another close friend who I've known for over 40 years, had lost his battle with cancer.

I was, as to be expected extremely upset, and I forgot all about the PM's he'd sent and so didn't reply.

When I DID realise that I hadn't replied to him, I did so, at approx the same time as he was making his post, this is what I put and I don't see how I can get into trouble for posting MY words from a PM, so here they are, they are exactly what I wrote in reply to his 2nd PM which was having a dig because I hadn't replied.........

Yes you're right and I had every intention of replying but I had to take a very sad phone call and tbh I totally forgot about it afterwards.

Sometimes real life takes over and mistakes happen, so for not replying sooner, I apologise.

But I find it rather rude to pull me up about it, and compare me not replying one day later, to me waiting 4 weeks, and still no reply (unless you count Marks rant at me before he locked the thread) a bit rich.

I've just lost someone I cared deeply about so I hope you'll forgive me if I come across as either rude or sharp in my reply.

Thanks for trying to help, it's much appreciated.

I then read the post he'd made, and sent another PM to him, which tbh wasn't as pleasant.

He seemed/seems to think that I was ignoring him or something, which quite simply wasn't the case, and I think I have the right to try and explain what happened to cause me to forget to reply to him, seeing as the last post he made, was obviously trying to make me look bad, which was unfair, and certainly uncalled for.

Honesty and openess has been asked for in this thread, and that is what I have been here.

#43 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

Good god how long will this go on and on and on.....

Ive never known a site that craves a large Member Base, Activity, Contributing etc do so much to drive everyone away.

What shall i put here?

#44 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

Respect to you Chasnbons. You have painfully illustrated the downfalls of texting/PM/messaging........it's timing!!! It is extremely hard to tell whether the recipient is ignoring you, not got the message, or just being a twat. Much of the time it is not as instant as we think. However, as highlighted there are some anomalies which can, at times be blamed on a host of other reasons. This is nigh on impossible to prove and there lies the problem. Did they or didn't they do this or that deliberately. This is nothing new, punctuation in the wrong place in a letter can create the wrong meaning immediately.

I am sorry to hear of your recent bereavement, I too have recently lost a close friend under similar circumstances. Puts all this old tosh into perspective, without a doubt.

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 08 August 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#45 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

If the whole picture was there to see, then we would see it, but to criticise "us" as in the rest of the membership who aren't in on the secret because we haven't been told is a bit bloody rich!

Who is moaning at what you are doing? How could anyone possibly be in a position to moan if they didn't know anything about what you were doing?

Christ on a Bike

bj

I have allways worked in secret that's how I have worked for years I am not braking the law over it

its the same at home as theres only 2 companys what know my real address as they need to I,e bank and dwp [ my info is on need to know only] and I am not on the electrol  roll either as its my choice and I am not braking the law and I change my phone number regular as well is that a crime

#46 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

I have allways worked in secret that's how I have worked for years I am not braking the law over it

I don't know the full details of everything, only what you've said in public, but saying you have been working in secret for years is just asking for trouble bud. One assumes you mean on here but others may not.

• ady likes this

#47 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

I don't know the full details of everything, only what you've said in public, but saying you have been working in secret for years is just asking for trouble bud. One assumes you mean on here but others may not.

Well said Matty.

Phil has (and is) sorting the downloads out........eg broken links and bad non-existant files.

A few months back there were a few members that said they'd try getting the (ok to say the  library to  .put it into context?) sorted.

Of ALL those that said "yeah we'll so screenies and amend links"....Phil was the ONLY guy to actually uphold it.

Phil was able to alter downloads, and he has spent a bloody long time doing-so too....

Thanks Phil for all the time you have given the site, and yes. 'till today nobody knew you had been correcting stuff.

I say, "cheers fella", not..........WTF, why wasn't we told!?

#48 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

its the same at home as theres only 2 companys what know my real address

So you don't have a driving license, have no electricity or gas, no TV license, no council tax... etc, or are they all held in the name of your fake address as you attempt to keep your REAL address secret.

Now you are feeling the need to justify what you wrote, however before you sharpen your knife and reply, I'm not interested in your preferred choices of anonymity, that's your prerogative. I only wrote the above to demonstrate how someone remarking on anothers post can result in aggro from the original poster, exactly the way you are felling right now, and it regularly leads to the thread going way off subject.

I can't comment on the theme of this thread as I don't no what been said by those involved, but I echo Ricardo's comments.. the written word can easily be misinterpreted, but one thing is very plain, I don't see any lawns being dug up to bury any hatchets.

We will see peace in the Middle East first.

#49 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Did I miss something really bad as I rarely reply to any topics?

Snap, I've no idea what all this is about either.

Anyone want to summarize in a couple of legible sentences?

Thanks,

NQ.

#50 tommydee

tommydee

Tommy Dee

• Regulars
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

Nial. I feel the same as you, Se stated in one of my threads I have flyers im going to scan, just now need to get the scanner re plugged, a lot of friends on here do help.  Yeah I get the feeling im not the most popular member, or wanted member but if my resources help then I will be glad to help and share, But with the lack of resources and same members always getting, I have always felt it difficult to emulate on here, there are a lot of old timers, ADY, DAD, Cardie, Toddy, amd many more and for that reason should be treated with respect, as should every member.  Whether old or new, What ever happened Forget, or Block the member, The emulations on here are great, we need  everyone to share and respect.  I am really interested in classics, and do search everywhere but always hit blanks.

#51 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

its the same at home as theres only 2 companys what know my real address as they need to I,e bank and dwp [ my info is on need to know only] and I am not on the electrol  roll either as its my choice and I am not braking the law and I change my phone number regular as well is that a crime

You really get me wrong. The fact you were updating the files behind he scenes without us knowing is NOT the issue. What is the issue is we get it thrown at us, by an ADMIN, for not seeing the whole picture, when there was no possible way we coud have seen it.

As to you working in secret, yes I do sincerely hope, as Matty says, it is your work here, as someone less believing might assume the reason you choose to keep your address and work secret is that you are claiming PIP and being engaged in paid employment and that WOULD be braking (sic) the law.

What about the medical authorities and the like, presumably they would need to know your address, as well as many others, as Jim posted?

As to the electoral roll, yes it is not illegal to not be on it, but if you have ignored a letter from the council about it then that IS breaking the law and you can be fined up to £1000. Don't even think about false names or that is a further fine.

Changing your phone number frequently is, as you say, not a crime. Don't think it is particularly helpful tactic in life, but hey, it is your life, you go knock yourself out.

bj

#52 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

1 only have 1 address but its only for the bank and dwps eyes only as I don't have a mobile phone contract I don't work I cannot anyway and theres nothing in my name and that I how wont to keep it and I have never had any letters from the council either

as I live with parents

Edited by banditboy2006, 09 August 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#53 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Well said Matty.

Phil has (and is) sorting the downloads out........eg broken links and bad non-existant files.

A few months back there were a few members that said they'd try getting the (ok to say the  library to  .put it into context?) sorted.

Of ALL those that said "yeah we'll so screenies and amend links"....Phil was the ONLY guy to actually uphold it.

Phil was able to alter downloads, and he has spent a bloody long time doing-so too....

Thanks Phil for all the time you have given the site, and yes. 'till today nobody knew you had been correcting stuff.

I say, "cheers fella", not..........WTF, why wasn't we told!?

Yes, thank you to Phil for helping update the site. However the rest of your post is a bit disingenuous Ady.

Back in February last year, Duplu posted a topic stating how people could help contribute to Fruit-Emu. Many good ideas from Duplu. I posted to the thread asking if it would be possible for trusted members to be given access to the downloads section to ensure all the layouts had full size screenies on them, very useful when we had multiple layouts for the same machine. People volunteered and access was duly granted. Now, I believe that rather than Phil being the only member to step up to the plate, Samson, Ross, Andy, TommyC and HTS all helped in the updating of the screenies. They did them so quick that by the time I had time to get involved I thought they had all been done.

So a very nice post Ady, but confused and not the reality of the situation.

bj

EDIT added TC to the list of updaters as missed him the first time through.

Edited by barcrest junky, 09 August 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#54 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

I tried to help also but had Shitter Internet at the time, also my idea about dadsfme layouts to be archived on here before it shut.

Many hands make light work!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#55 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

I haven't been a member to this site for long. And i'm in no clicks. What i have noticed that the 'Fella' Ady, seems to have it in for Vectra. One day they get on and then the next day Vectra will post something and Ady starts on him again. Ady lad! Stop it because you're looking like a bitter twat with a personal agenda.

Ady wrote..."We, the staff here at FE really do try and keep it the fun friendly place it is"

Tell yourself that again Ady! Because you always seem to be in the middle of A forum problem? :err:

As i've said.. I don't know Vectra, apart from i download his work from time to time, and i don't know Ady, apart from him posting as an Administrator. so my thoughts are completly neutral... :yes:

Also guys, PM's are called PM's for a reason as they are a private message! Don't share them between yourselfs otherwise the shit will hit the fan.. :twitcy:

#56 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

I haven't been a member to this site for long. And i'm in no clicks. What i have noticed that the 'Fella' Ady, seems to have it in for Vectra. One day they get on and then the next day Vectra will post something and Ady starts on him again. Ady lad! Stop it because you're looking like a bitter twat with a personal agenda.

Ady wrote..."We, the staff here at FE really do try and keep it the fun friendly place it is"

Tell yourself that again Ady! Because you always seem to be in the middle of A forum problem? :err:

As i've said.. I don't know Vectra, apart from i download his work from time to time, and i don't know Ady, apart from him posting as an Administrator. so my thoughts are completly neutral... :yes:

Also guys, PM's are called PM's for a reason as they are a private message! Don't share them between yourselfs otherwise the shit will hit the fan.. :twitcy:

As you say you are new so you don't know Ady at all.  No one is perfect, but Ady has done a lot for the site, more than you ever know (bought machines, transported machines, group buys etc).  On the other hand Vectra has produced some lovely layouts, seems a nice chap to me.  Now if people don't get on here, that is nothing new, believe me on this.  I've seen hatred go to new levels on forums (FME related), and I've seen the legend Geddy Multi Quote a whole page lol :D  If the 2 don't like each other fine, sure there are people that never liked me, but just put it to bed, draw a clear line in the sand and go on from there.

Nothing ever good came from holding grudges on the FME scene! 

Edited by £6 In Tokens, 09 August 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#57 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

As you say you are new so you don't know Ady at all.  No one is perfect, but Ady has done a lot for the site, more than you ever know (bought machines, transported machines, group buys etc).  On the other hand Vectra has produced some lovely layouts, seems a nice chap to me.  Now if people don't get on here, that is nothing new, believe me on this.  I've seen hatred go to new levels on forums (FME related), and I've seen the legend Geddy Multi Quote a whole page lol :D  If the 2 don't like each other fine, sure there are people that never liked me, but just put it to bed, draw a clear line in the sand and go on from there.

Nothing ever good came from holding grudges on the FME scene! 

Ok lad calm down! I only speak as i find!

Edited by Marlon36, 09 August 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#58 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'm always calm mate.  I agree with you that PM's should never be shared with anyone (forgot to state that on the original post). I've never shared anything in any PM (whether it be FME, Facebook, Text etc)!

PM means = Private Message! Absolute Madness to share it with anyone!

Edited by £6 In Tokens, 09 August 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#59 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Also, you don't agree with what i've said? I'm speaking as someone who observes the comments! I couldn't give a shit what Ady has done in the past, he has no right to talk to people in the way he does,

Edited by Marlon36, 09 August 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#60 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

No I don't agree with what YOU just said about Ady.  I don't care if people don't like each other on here, didn't you read my post.  I appreciate what Ady has done in the past (more than you will know) and I appreciate Vectra's layouts.  I never backed up any member, so I don't care what was said or if they like each other, or what was leaked in a PM.  There have been 100's of member over the years that don't like each other, I've seen much worse than this in FME land kid!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users