Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Not necessary ady.

Nothing funny about this, I take it seriously

Watching Dave now thanks. :)

#22 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

yeah you did BJ and you didn't reply until I made a prompt.

Please don't say you are ignored..as this thread is about being honest.

My reply would have been made at the time it was made, irrespective of whether, after 35 minutes, you had decided that not enough had responded to your thread.  I research my posts and take time to compose them carefully and accurately, so people can be left in no doubt as to the meaning.  As to honesty, believe me, all of my posts are complete honesty.

Now we have the pleasantries out of the way, perhaps you would care to comment on the substance of my post from earlier, the part about the PMs and misinterpretation and what can be done about it?

bj

#23 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

This thread should be moved to the main forums to get the forums true opinions.

#24 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

This thread should be moved to the main forums to get the forums true opinions.

Completely agree that it needs to be exposed to the wider forums. Even Alex pointed out that the VIP Lounge rarely gets posted to recently.

!bj

#25 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Can't move this to the open forum as my 'ass lickers, as ady puts it would be able to give there point of view, which is against the admins wishes resulting in yet another locked topic. Another point, What do you mean by me producing trash!!
And why should I apologise or send a pm to dad I'm not in the wrong, only asked for help in that topic. End of the day you've never really accepted me getting my layout creators badge "twice now"from that 'corrupt' mod. todd1970 was it? If you also think my layouts are crap then demote me simples. Alex saved this site from extinction which we are All thankful for but the way the powers that be are acting he might awell pull the plug, or do a reshuffle at the top. Again open this topic to the masses let the members have there say.
Another thing the posts made to me have constant swearing in and are sometimes intimidating, do I make the same posts towards you. No!
Post edited due to predictive text,nothing more.

Edited by vectra666, 08 August 2014 - 07:04 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#26 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'll say pretty much the same here what I said on the Facebook wall.....

As Altharic knows, we don't want another situ like FME had with "He who can not be named" at FE........ Folks either need to book their ideas up or they are out!

I tried to do just that (Help a user whom I thought may need some help etc), just as I did with a member at the mecca / DAD's awhile back, and for him it worked well (So transpired he has a few mental health issues, so from my experience I have as a carer for over 30 years for me mum, I did what I could for the guy, and he is in a much better frame of mind now), but when I tried to deal with the current issue at FE, I was met with hostility and shit-stirring from the perps inner circle.

No more trying to work with whomever is causing the disruption or trying to see if there is some under-laying problem..... I'm done with trying to be nice, going out of my way to help someone who seamed on the surface, needed help...... the site is here for the MAJORITY'S enjoyment, not for a select few who seam to want to be worshipped as god's etc.

That said, if folks are willing to back off, forgive and forget etc, then I will do the same, and thus I will not have any reason to make good on my threat, but people have got to be willing to want peace.

#27 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

As per the request earlier, thread moved to Any Topic part of the forum.

#28 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

... who died and made you boss of the forum?

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#29 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

If members forgive and forget, can the admins/mods do the same as they're just as bad if you not worse than us but they can get away with it. It appears Ady can't let go of the past.
Simple question if a member is banned for bullying, harassment or verbal abuse can a mod or admin be treated the same if there's sufficient evidence, not accusing anyone just asking and is that final decision made by the site owner like you would with a company. Now personally I think it's pathetic a small non profit making site which is people's hobby is tarnished by this shitstorm with myself and Ady, which has Been raging on for far too long (almost Two years) all because someone whom thought I warranted a label creators badge and others didn't, as I said at the time yes it was great to be acknowledged but end of the day, being a member on,this site is go enough regardless of position. I didn,t see ady complaining when banditboy2006 was made a creator after only a handful of converted layouts of which incidentally I'm greatfull for him doing at least someone's producing for amber.
Again as the title suggest 'lets make peace ' everyone draw a line under everything that's happened look forward to the future we need this site and the people within it, including Dad. If everyone can't forgive and forget then Alex might as well pull the plug on the whole site too much stress for him.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#30 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

BB got a green badge straight away as he's mates with stan,that's why. Took me months to get a badge and tonnes of layouts,i made myself,not converting.

#31 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

If members forgive and forget, can the admins/mods do the same as they're just as bad if you not worse than us but they can get away with it. It appears Ady can't let go of the past.
Simple question if a member is banned for bullying, harassment or verbal abuse can a mod or admin be treated the same if there's sufficient evidence, not accusing anyone just asking and is that final decision made by the site owner like you would with a company. Now personally I think it's pathetic a small non profit making site which is people's hobby is tarnished by this shitstorm with myself and Ady, which has Been raging on for far too long (almost Two years) all because someone whom thought I warranted a label creators badge and others didn't, as I said at the time yes it was great to be acknowledged but end of the day, being a member on,this site is go enough regardless of position. I didn,t see ady complaining when banditboy2006 was made a creator after only a handful of converted layouts of which incidentally I'm greatfull for him doing at least someone's producing for amber.
Again as the title suggest 'lets make peace ' everyone draw a line under everything that's happened look forward to the future we need this site and the people within it, including Dad. If everyone can't forgive and forget then Alex might as well pull the plug on the whole site too much stress for him.

Well as owner, Alex (aaamusements) has the final say on pretty much everything, that is without question.

As for issues past and present (Including the time when Alex was not the site owner especially), it's deffo recognised that mistakes have most certainly have been made, and for too long people have been getting away with things for far too long, and on both sides.

The current staff as a whole, have been trying to get a grip on things, but there has been a minority core group of people who for whatever reason it may be, are trying everything to thawt this honest effort to run the site for the benefit of the MAJORITY of it's user base, hence my earlier post.

Now I will make an honest statement here about myself especially knowing the amount of time I have spent in FME as a whole...... I know some folks don't like me, hey they are entitled to their opinions just as I am permitted the same..... we can not please everyone in this world, but I am happy enough for things to be just that, but what I will not stand for, is for those persons to take this hate, and destroy this forum, and I know the feeling is pretty much the same for all staff certainly, and the vast majority of the forum base.

Now, if anyone needs a chat in confidence (This includes you too Vectra), I'm all ears, and duty bound to keep everything confidential (Unless this concerns an act of illegal activity that could affect this forum or would be of detriment to the forum obviously), and also wish to re-state Alex's words concerning PM's, in that the only person who has the full ability to view any and all PM's, is himself, but as of to date, has NEVER used this option, and is very unlikely to ever do so.

#32 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

BB got a green badge straight away as he's mates with stan,that's why. Took me months to get a badge and tonnes of layouts,i made myself,not converting.

This was issued as a MAJORITY staff vote, not by the greasing of my palms as what you are trying to make it out as.

This was one of the previous problems highlighted, in that before the takeover by Alex, these "Badges of Honour", was given out all too freely, and without a full staff vote..... this now no longer happens without a full staff vote.

• ady likes this

#33 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

If that is the case then fair do's,what i will say though,that badge was given a little too easy for some reason or another.

#34 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

If that is the case then fair do's,what i will say though,that badge was given a little too easy for some reason or another.

There was additional reason for this also, as Phil has been doing quite a bit of work, sorting out the downloads section, bit by bit (Work is still on going), sorting out dead files etc (Basically enabled enough access to the area he's been working in), but at no time has he ever had full access to the staff back end and forum.

#35 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

There was additional reason for this also, as Phil has been doing quite a bit of work, sorting out the downloads section, bit by bit (Work is still on going), sorting out dead files etc (Basically enabled enough access to the area he's been working in), but at no time has he ever had full access to the staff back end and forum.

Some don't see the whole picture!

Phil is doing a grand job, and One I doubt he will get any thanks for.

#36 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

people moan but the job is massive as I haven't 24 hours straight

I have the rest of dads to do then when that's done get somebody to kill the orginal zips

check through all the downloads for broken zips and replace them if I can

then its on to archive emulators and the layouts for them it all and that's a massive job to move

#37 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Some don't see the whole picture!

Phil is doing a grand job, and One I doubt he will get any thanks for.

If the whole picture was there to see, then we would see it, but to criticise "us" as in the rest of the membership who aren't in on the secret because we haven't been told is a bit bloody rich!

people moan but the job is massive as I haven't 24 hours straight

I have the rest of dads to do then when that's done get somebody to kill the orginal zips

check through all the downloads for broken zips and replace them if I can

then its on to archive emulators and the layouts for them it all and that's a massive job to move

Who is moaning at what you are doing? How could anyone possibly be in a position to moan if they didn't know anything about what you were doing?

Christ on a Bike

bj

#38 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

I agree BJ. if we are not told what is going on, then how can we have the slightest idea of the real picture. Perhaps with this thread many points like this can be raised and hopefully resolved. Also in the long term some sort of understanding could be mutually agreed, Admin and Mods being more transparent in their thoughts and actions towards the members.  So far this thread has been a well constructed discussion without too many vindictive remarks. Let's hope it stays that way without getting the 'This topic Is locked' treatment.

#39 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Sorry but i have to post this,whether it offends or not.Afaic it has already gone to far,the shit staring and bollocks that has gone on for the last few months is f***in unreal.There are certain people who have it in for each other for what ever reason,if someone sides with who ever,then their out of the big boys club (LOL) :D I for one do not have a problem speaking openly nor will i hold back from telling some one to f*** off if they piss me off,or try to be a smart arse.

What has gone on with this forum over the last few months is sheer bullying of certain members,by admins and mods,this is out of order,then threads get locked after some mods leave a smart arse remark,were the other party can't reply as the thread is locked.The last thread was locked ending in a smart arse remark,taking the piss.The thing is it has spilled over to another forum now,which shouldn't be happening as the said member in the conflict isn't even a member there to defend themselves.

Be honest and i don't give two shits whether anyone likes this or not,but maybe the staff need monitoring a little as well as the members,or so called clans,what ever i say in private would only be what id say to someones face,etc in the open.Hope all that jibber jabber makes sense,conprende :D

Edited to add why can admin swear and mine gets *** out.

Thanks for the heads up Tommy............ and people REALLY expect folk to forgive and forget?

#40 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Did I miss something really bad as I rarely reply to any topics?

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users