Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

Sorry man! You're just A joke! Goodnight! :elvis:

#62 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:21 AM

So i signed upto here 6 years ago to a brilliant community with loads of new content and now that its all drying up, We are taking chunks out of each other like savages.

Why can't everyone just forgive and forget... It can hardly be that hard.

The way i see it (Bare in mind i've not really been active and seen who said what and who killed someone in the billiard room) how hard can it be as a community to just get along. I mean look at this way we have 43,000 members but a majority of 1000 post.. I wonder why some don't even bother because it just seems like everyone holds a grudge on this forum... Over resources and what others have said and done. You never know what kind of members we are missing out on just because several of us cannot get along. If you seriously have that much of a problem with someone on the forum just block them. You won't be able to see their posts (least thats how it works on the forum i mod) and they won't be able to see yours.

I generally am shocked to see that everyone is turning against each other which will only make the forum more dead.

Yes the resources are slowly drying up, But why are we letting it destroy our forum? ( i know this has nothing to do with resources)

I probably will end up getting a shitty reply or blah blah blah this doesn't include you post. Every member has a purpose on a forum and you should all remember that.

Also stop taking digs at other members personal lives as that is just low, Especially when you wouldn't like all your personal information posted on the internet as we all know everything we say will be recorded by someone else...

#63 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I tried to help also but had Shitter Internet at the time, also my idea about dadsfme layouts to be archived on here before it shut.

Many hands make light work!

that's in the pipeline but its trick upping the lot without flooding the front page with the all

and archiveing mmfe 1.1 layouts and  bfm Layouts and the emus and calling the download cat for the archived gaming as they wont be another update for these

Edited by banditboy2006, 10 August 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#64 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

Everything that pies says is right we should all be getting along. Yes there's been arguments, I've tried to forgive and forget but as said before others can't let go.
Another thing as you mentioned you can Block members but why can't you block mods or admins as if you could this would solve a lot of the problems. And when you block someone does this also mean they can't see your posts. Again I've always said, if you've nothing good to reply or are just going to be offensive then Don't post.
Keep Fme calm and,carry on!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#65 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

Can I just say that in FME land, that I know of, we've had 3 deaths.  I've still no idea what all of this is about, but we should count ourselves as fortunate to not be 1 of the 3, so stop going on like bairns.

NQ.

#66 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

I hardly ever post anymore, there is simply not enough hardcore FME chat.   Mods should also keep their cool, keep it non-personal and sort things out smoothly behind the scenes without the petty bullshit that spills onto the main forums, it simply isn't professional.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#67 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

I don't even bother talking anymore its been going on for years and years I log in read the same shit time and time again its all so boring

#68 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

The main or one problem with this site at the moment is the lack of 'fun' topics, the ones that get the members involved. Topics I remember that were fun like random word, or emulation related where you put a certain amount on to see who wins the most, guess the machine by putting up a small section of the machine's. And many more. Other sites I frequent still have these type of topics and they receive a lot more posts. Yes it may well be the same old poster's, but who cares it gets the community involved something SERIOUSLY lacking within these walls! So come on guys get your brains racking and let's put the 'fun, in FME! Here's a good one.- Name every Dond machine ever made. I hat should last a while lol.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#69 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

...the truth is a forum that leans heavily on something that is in short supply is always going to face challenges.  Things should get a lot better when the latest amber and epoch emulators are released, but it's a long waiting game and people just get tired of reading the same of argumentative posts, until they simply can't be bothered to post.  As said above. 

I'm not particularly interested in 'fun' threads to be honest, but each to their own.

J

Edited by fuzion, 11 August 2014 - 09:10 AM.

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#70 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

So i signed upto here 6 years ago to a brilliant community with loads of new content and now that its all drying up, We are taking chunks out of each other like savages.

Why can't everyone just forgive and forget... It can hardly be that hard.

The way i see it (Bare in mind i've not really been active and seen who said what and who killed someone in the billiard room) how hard can it be as a community to just get along. I mean look at this way we have 43,000 members but a majority of 1000 post.. I wonder why some don't even bother because it just seems like everyone holds a grudge on this forum... Over resources and what others have said and done. You never know what kind of members we are missing out on just because several of us cannot get along. If you seriously have that much of a problem with someone on the forum just block them. You won't be able to see their posts (least thats how it works on the forum i mod) and they won't be able to see yours.

I generally am shocked to see that everyone is turning against each other which will only make the forum more dead.

Yes the resources are slowly drying up, But why are we letting it destroy our forum? ( i know this has nothing to do with resources)

I probably will end up getting a shitty reply or blah blah blah this doesn't include you post. Every member has a purpose on a forum and you should all remember that.

Also stop taking digs at other members personal lives as that is just low, Especially when you wouldn't like all your personal information posted on the internet as we all know everything we say will be recorded by someone else...

I agree pies , when i joined in 2003 it was a great place , friendly people always willing to go out their way to help you etc..all the banter we used to have as well...

Not " sticking my oar in " here , because i havent been around since the beginnings ( spelling ? ) of FME , but more and more people are " losing interest " with the place , and all the in-fightning dosent help.

Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#71 Memap

Memap

aka Mark8664

• Gold Supporters
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Can I just say that in FME land, that I know of, we've had 3 deaths.  I've still no idea what all of this is about, but we should count ourselves as fortunate to not be 1 of the 3, so stop going on like bairns.

NQ.

Long time no see nq. Who were the 3 pal?

#72 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Long time no see nq. Who were the 3 pal?

James Beckton (Jaybe, I went to his funeral), and Neil Ecketts are the two I know off the top of my head, not sure on the 3rd

#73 Memap

Memap

aka Mark8664

• Gold Supporters
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Cheers Stan, still into your scat sites?

What was Neil's username?

#74 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

Thunderstorm
http://www.fruit-emu...0-thunderstorm/

#75 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Cheers Stan, still into your scat sites?

Heh, long time, no see scumbag :D

Naw, as I have a missus who keeps me busy, and has as a dirty mind as myself ;)

James Beckton (Jaybe, I went to his funeral), and Neil Ecketts are the two I know off the top of my head, not sure on the 3rd

Just been told Mattd was the other (Vaguely remember him from the Mecca I think).

#76 Memap

Memap

aka Mark8664

• Gold Supporters
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

That's shit.

How's the old crowd? IRC channels still up and running?

#77 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

That's shit.

How's the old crowd? IRC channels still up and running?

We are still around in parts, but mostly parked up on Facebook now, still as x-rated as ever :D

Add me if you want (Same handle I use here).

#78 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Just been told Mattd was the other (Vaguely remember him from the Mecca I think).

If its the mattd i remember he is alive and fairly healthy (Speak to him occasionally on the world of face)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users