global warming or is it ?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Would you not be better off making a massive number of CO2 scrubbers to remove the CO2? Of course, they'd require a lot of power which would currently create a lot of CO2. Guess you could make them nuclear powered although that has its own consequences...

#22 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

I personally think we are heading into an ice age , mother nature is cleaver in the past such rises in CO2 have been closely followed by lowering of the global temperatures 

400000yearslarge.gif

as you can see the current levels of CO2 are through the roof , so why no sudden freeze ? i dont know but that red line is pretty scary .... But something is clearly taking care of the CO2 which i suppose is good news =) 

CO2_Vos-ML2.gif

Edited by policematrix, 10 July 2013 - 02:27 PM.

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#23 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

if you pissed in the wind in antartica it would be frozen before it hits the floor. likewise the heat from any such radiator would be insignificant.

piss doesn't freeze due to its high salt content.

#24 corel

corel

• Regulars
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

Sea levels rise about 0.000003mm every 1000 years, barely something to panic about at this moment in time!

#25 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

piss doesn't freeze due to its high salt content.

Given that information, why don't people use it instead of antifreeze or windscreen de-icer??? :)

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 11 July 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#26 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

I've pissed on a car once lol but it don't half eat into the paintwork, and would you really want to see an old bag squatting on the car roof taking a piss on a frozen december morning @7a.m -10C outside, poor love!!! Just to defrost her front window (on the car that is).
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#27 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hey Nails you're slightly out saying the worlds 65million years old more like 4-5BILLION years old so to me this global warming is sort of incorrect. I mean the earths had warm and cold era's to it. Examples- dinosaurs roaming the earth on tropical britain, wooly mammoths in arctic britain, grape vines in northern britain in medieval times, the thames freezing over in victorian times . Its just the earth like a fridge warming and cooling itself or is it really the earth determine the temperature, its the sun and the moon who knows, but what I do know the earths a great healer and whatever the out come it will heal itself from whatever damage us humans are or have doing to this fragile planet,
I sometimes think what would our surrounding Area's we live in look like in say a 100 or 500 years time if there were no humans left on this planet it would revert back to its natural state of big trees long grasses lots of birds chattering and lots of wild animals again like this planet should be like.

Edited by vectra666, 11 July 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#28 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

yeah it was a figure of speech.

personally i think a natural disaster will happen to wipe out half the planet, though probably in the form of a desease epidemic (it was highly thought at the time that the AIDS epidemic was man made and released intentionally)

#29 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

As you say nails Something like the bubonic plague (black death) or something that attacks our immune system or worse case something that makes either or both sexes of the human race sterile it could or will happen if we tamper with ourselves to much (don't mean that in a sexual way either lol).
Back to the subject in hand the planets more likely to have a natural disaster than warming up to much, like the bit of the canaries falling into the atlantic causing a tidal wave much bigger than the japan one flooding all of western europe and weston super mare's pier lol. Just think of all them grannies still attached to partytime when it does happen pmsl. Or yellowstone park america one of the largest or thee largest active volcano sites in world just waiting to blow its load. Or a large meteorite hitting the earth sending it spinning out of control towards the sun I think I've been watching to many good disaster movies lol. But it could happen. And if the arctic ice does melt at a fast rate all that cold fresh water will knock the gulf stream off course sending britain into freezing cold canadian like winters of temperatures -40oc. And then of course there's our lovely human race fighting with itself over a bit of land whom it don't actually own or who's God is the greatest with weapons of MASS destruction one day that saying about weapons will be reality.
Of what I just wrote about some may sound fictional and crazy but its fact and it could and even will happen one day in the not to distant future maybe in our lifetime.

Edited by vectra666, 11 July 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#30 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

We are still in the last ice age. An Ice age is defined as the earth having Ice at the poles, which it still does. So that means we are coming out of an ice age, which means it should be getting warmer. Add to the fact that Mars is heating up at a similar rate to earth.

Climate change is undeniable, but its not caused by humans as much as we think.

And if that is all wrong, its not the planet that's fu*ked, its the human race, the planet will be here long after we are gone.

Edited by Guitar, 11 July 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#31 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm not worried. When this planet is finished, I'm back off to my home planet!!! :plane:

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 11 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#32 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Zog!!!

#33 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Zog!!!

Yardoz actually!!!!!

#34 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

http://arctic.atmos....a.withtrend.jpg this shows GLOBAL sea ice as you can see it appears to be increasing this last year 

sourthern ice caps http://arctic.atmos....nteractive.html

north ice caps http://arctic.atmos....nteractive.html

as you can clearly see the south is it its highest levels and the north although down on the mean it is most definitely increased from last year by over 1 million square miles

I think we will have to wait because at the moment the sun is at its solar maximum (hottest) over the next few years it will cool and thus so will earths temps   (hopefully) I think we will see very bad winters in the UK and northern europe maybe europe as a whole 

Also we must learn that the sea ice is directly affected by winds/ jet stream example blow air from spain to north pole and you will get lots of melting but turn that around and during winter spain will get snow 

here is the link if your interested http://arctic.atmos....edu/cryosphere/

Edited by policematrix, 24 August 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#35 Anosha

Anosha

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

I believe in global warming, but it doesn't mean the entire planet is going to warm up. Cold places will more than likely get wamer and warm places with more than likely get colder. The earth changes, that's just how it is. I dont believe that it will happen very quickly though, more like a gradual change.

#36 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

I believe in global warming, but it doesn't mean the entire planet is going to warm up. Cold places will more than likely get wamer and warm places with more than likely get colder. The earth changes, that's just how it is. I dont believe that it will happen very quickly though, more like a gradual change.

Look M8. The bits at the top and bottom are cold and the bits in the middle are hot.

Believe me I'm a Doctor and a Man Of Science, so I should know.

OH!!! and why does it always rain when I go on holiday, c'mon tell me ???

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 26 August 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#37 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

lol that is all.

#38 Anosha

Anosha

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

Look M8. The bits at the top and bottom are cold and the bits in the middle are hot.

Believe me I'm a Doctor and a Man Of Science, so I should know.

OH!!! and why does it always rain when I go on holiday, c'mon tell me ???

Because God has smited you? Why shouldn't it rain when you're on holiday? Just because you don't have to go to work doesn't mean the rest of the world shouldn't be tortured with dealing with moronic commuters who manage to forget how to drive when it rains.

#39 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../feeds/23904997

strange last year when we had the biggest melt ever in the northern ice caps they said it was a sign that global warming is worst that they expected 

Now it was a combination of the jet stream and warm winds  :err:

But they say this year was cooler which is ok but not when you consider this year is the solar maximum (the sun is at its hottest) and yet global temps are lowering .

only time will tell give it 10 years and we will have a better picture and considering the best weather forecaster cant guarantee 24H in advanced then what hope is there of predicting with accuracy years ahead  .

EDIT : this is totally made up in my head but if CO2 can reflect heat escaping from the earth why can't it stop heat entering the earth ?? reflect heat away into space ?

Edited by policematrix, 01 September 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#40 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Don't worry, it will be getting a lot colder in the next few months.

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 01 September 2013 - 05:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users