global warming or is it ?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well im no expert but i was watching something on BBC and they said every year the ice caps are melting more and more and referred to the north pole and graphs such as these

seaice.anomaly.arctic.png

seaice.area.arctic.png

as you can see it clearly indicates a rapid increase in the melting of sea ice year on year .

So this would agree with the idea of the globe heating up but I noticed another graph which I have never seen on any news program or global warming documentary 

seaice.anomaly.antarctic.pngseaice.area.antarctic.png

This is the antarctic and as you can see its the opposite with ice increasing year on year , now I dont know what this indicates but its strange .

just thought id share it .

All info acquired here http://arctic.atmos....edu/cryosphere/

Edited by policematrix, 05 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#2 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

I think Global Warming is a load of Tosh. Look at the weather patterns. It doesnt add up.. Snow in April, Warm November/Decembers.. It happened in 1989.. and its happening now.. 

Its Just another Form of scaremongering and taxation.. (Congestion charge, Car Tax higher on older cars.)

There is as much chance of the next Ice Age happening, as there is a Global flood happening.

#3 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

To be fair though, it was quite cold a few months ago and now it's really hot...

#4 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

To be fair though, it was quite cold a few months ago and now it's really hot...

I bet it gets a lot colder in about 5 months time. :biglaugh:

#5 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'd get a hot flush in the Arctic... so an ice age could only be a good thing for me! :p

I know this heat isn't!!
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#6 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

@Daryl:-

I got a hot flush once, then I found out the plumber had connected the hot water supply to the toilet.!!!!!

#7 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

i hope global warming does not reach yorkshire or ill have to knot a hankie for t`ord whiphet

The Yorkie bars are not on me

#8 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

unfortunately global warming is very real, the actual cause however will keep all parties involved arguing for years.

Our planet is buggered, full stop period. It wont happen in our life time, but future generation will see vast differences and then ultimately it leads to another ice age. try to imagine earth as a very large set of scales, as the ice caps melt its gradually tipping the scales. places like Mauritius and various low line countries like Thailand will flood continuously until one day they just disappear. 

Huge weather changes are a classic sign of global warming until at the very end when we hit the ice age, the whole planet freezes over. it takes decades to happen but it also takes many many more decades to defrost the plant. (the sun reflects off the snow and gradually the atmosphere warms. within this time the polar caps freeze over again and peace and harmony are restored.)

as for nick saying `what a load of tosh` well, thats an incredibly naive and childish thing to say, but i hope hes right. Why do you think NASA are trying to populate mars? why terraform  on another planet? for fun?  well its all on the second sentence - our planet is buggered.

#9 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

I dont think the impact we as a people have on the planet is a load of tosh.. that is true we are most likely having a negative impact. However think about this. Earth has been around for million s and millions of years. The only negative impact we have on earth has been happening for the last say.. hundred years. So how can people say that having a two litre diesel will change the workings of the world.
Personally.. and this is what I think is tosh and my own personal opinion is that global warming has a cause.
I personally believe that this planet goes through cycles.. and ergo changing in the weather patterns every number of years.

#10 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

I dont think the impact we as a people have on the planet is a load of tosh.. that is true we are most likely having a negative impact. However think about this. Earth has been around for million s and millions of years. The only negative impact we have on earth has been happening for the last say.. hundred years. So how can people say that having a two litre diesel will change the workings of the world.
Personally.. and this is what I think is tosh and my own personal opinion is that global warming has a cause.
I personally believe that this planet goes through cycles.. and ergo changing in the weather patterns every number of years.

two litre diesel x billions of people and then you have the impact.

its too late to stop the impact now unless the likes of the super powers build big freezers that will take out the lukewarm water, freeze it and dump it on the surface again, thereby lowering the water level and decreasing the overall temperature of the atmosphere. the billions of people (including me and you) are very much responsible for the break down of the ozone via carbon footprint/aerosol cans.

in regards to cycles etc. yes the planet has been here for some 65 million years, but its never had billions of people before using up all the natural resources, making pollution etc.

im no scientist, but the next cycle (being the extreme weather and inevitable ice age) is all part of the natural order. nature always finds a way. 

#11 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

i got a 13 litre diesel, sorry planet lol

#12 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

I am sure I read somewhere that the ozone layer is repairing itself.

We've not really had a proper summer for years now and with winters seeming to be getting longer and longer the whole global warming thing needs to speed up.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#13 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

I am sure I read somewhere that the ozone layer is repairing itself.

We've not really had a proper summer for years now and with winters seeming to be getting longer and longer the whole global warming thing needs to speed up.

Sort of, but it's a slow process:

http://mentalfloss.c...ole-ozone-layer

Long term we either have to find a useful low emission power source (nuclear fusion anyone) or start properly limiting the world population. Both are somewhat tricky to achieve...

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

basically there is a way - pumping millions of gallon of iron oxide into the sea. in turn the algae give off natural carbons that help the ozone replenish itself. the downside of couse is the millions of gallons of iron oxide that is now in the ocean, and what long term affects it will have on the eco system.

dont get me wrong, im no conservationist, no green finger, and love my meat well done. I do however like to know whats going on in the world. 

#15 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Well im no expert but i was watching something on BBC and they said every year the ice caps are melting more and more and referred to the north pole and graphs such as these
seaice.anomaly.arctic.png
seaice.area.arctic.png
as you can see it clearly indicates a rapid increase in the melting of sea ice year on year .
So this would agree with the idea of the globe heating up but I noticed another graph which I have never seen on any news program or global warming documentary 
seaice.anomaly.antarctic.pngseaice.area.antarctic.png
This is the antarctic and as you can see its the opposite with ice increasing year on year , now I dont know what this indicates but its strange .
just thought id share it .

So what are your thoughts?

All info acquired here http://arctic.atmos....edu/cryosphere/

#16 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Repost?

#17 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

They have said that the earth goes through an ice age every so often. Even before cars and factories where spitting out carbon and other shit the earth had lots and lots of carbon from the likes of forest fires not on the scale of what todays are Im talking covering 10's of thousands of miles at a time. Before we came along the earth had been there done that and will do so again. It's just that this time we have cut down all the trees and are the cause and may have increased the speed of this cycle.

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#18 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

two litre diesel x billions of people and then you have the impact.

its too late to stop the impact now unless the likes of the super powers build big freezers that will take out the lukewarm water, freeze it and dump it on the surface again, thereby lowering the water level and decreasing the overall temperature of the atmosphere.

But wouldn't the heat taken from the water need dispersing somewhere? I'm sure my fridge removes heat from the food compartment and that heat is dispersed via the grid and pipe system on the back of the fridge. Yes, you can remove the heat from the water thus freezing it, but this heat must go somewhere else surely?

Posted Image

#19 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Sort of, but it's a slow process:

http://mentalfloss.c...ole-ozone-layer

Long term we either have to find a useful low emission power source (nuclear fusion anyone) or start properly limiting the world population. Both are somewhat tricky to achieve...

Errm, global thermo-nuclear war...... Job Done LOL

Posted Image

#20 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

But wouldn't the heat taken from the water need dispersing somewhere? I'm sure my fridge removes heat from the food compartment and that heat is dispersed via the grid and pipe system on the back of the fridge. Yes, you can remove the heat from the water thus freezing it, but this heat must go somewhere else surely?

if you pissed in the wind in antartica it would be frozen before it hits the floor. likewise the heat from any such radiator would be insignificant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users