• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

I personally think we are heading into an ice age , mother nature is cleaver in the past such rises in CO2 have been closely followed by lowering of the global temperatures 

as you can see the current levels of CO2 are through the roof , so why no sudden freeze ? i dont know but that red line is pretty scary .... But something is clearly taking care of the CO2 which i suppose is good news =) 

but we`ve been through an ice age or 2 before so whats new?

How accurate do you think this is I mean do you think of them alchemists in the dark ages had accurate thermometers or do you think they used maths to fill in the gaps to placate the politician with the funding oh yes...

A graph provides no information what so ever without the original figures to back it up there is no scientific value to it.

#62 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

but we`ve been through an ice age or 2 before so whats new?

well only the amount of carbon dioxide in the air , what this actually means is anyone's guess , maybe the heating and cooling will cancel each other out leading to global normalling ;)

How accurate do you think this is I mean do you think of them alchemists in the dark ages had accurate thermometers or do you think they used maths to fill in the gaps to placate the politician with the funding oh yes...

A graph provides no information whatsoever without the original figures to back it up there is no scientific value to it.

well I dont think they are making it up , you can look anywhere and they agree on the amount of carbon in the atmosphere , what is different is the believes of what this will actually do 

I dont think alchemists tried predicting the weather , but i do believe they would have the same % of accuracy as just predicting the uk weather 24 hours in advanced is a major task which they often get wrong   

It seems the seas are absorbing almost all the excess heat 

The increase in ocean heat content is much larger than any other store of energy in the Earth’s heat balance over the two periods 1961 to 2003 and 1993 to 2003, and accounts for more than 90% of the possible increase in heat content of the Earth system during these periods.

Edited by policematrix, 07 September 2013 - 08:15 AM.

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#63 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

They have passed laws that tax us for carbon emissions but by your own admission they cannot get the weather forecast correct 24 hours in advance.

That's the bollocks part 1

Part two is carbon dioxide in the atmosphere its present in air whether we burn tyres or cows fart it plays no part in global warming.

#64 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

This is classic climate change scaremongering OMG its getting hotter when the reality is that no it isn't.

Attached Files

#65 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

i too am skeptical http://www.dailymail...t-prove-it.html this is saying that 

• The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
  • This means that the ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996

its from 2012 but 2013 is colder than 2012 

worth a read 

also they dont take into consideration the suns cycles and sudden stratospheric warming , which is basically loads of warm air being expelled into space 

Edited by policematrix, 07 September 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#66 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

They have passed laws based on the graph I posted yet its been discredited as bollocks no sign of them repealing the laws yet.

2p on petrol for climate change no proof cars cause it.

Like I say you cannot replace science with maths and climate science is maths.

#67 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

yes its a disgrace , a lot of laws are based on BS , like for instance if you go picking magic mushrooms you could seven years in jail and/or an unlimited fine. yet they grow in every field in the uk , and are harmless in fact recent studies suggest they are actually good for you and can fight brain degenerative diseases and also combat depression 10X  more successfully than prescription drugs  , 

lets compare that to say drink driving that actually could kill another person

Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink

You may get:

• 6 months’ imprisonment
  • up to £5,000 fine
  • a driving ban for at least 1 year (3 years if convicted twice in 10 years)                     

same with cannabis 

http://www.cancer.go...fessional/page4

One study in mice and rats suggested that cannabinoids may have a protective effect against the development of certain types of tumors. During this 2-year study, groups of mice and rats were given various doses of THC by gavage. A dose-related decrease in the incidence of hepatic adenoma tumors and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was observed in the mice. Decreased incidences of benign tumors(polyps and adenomas) in other organs (mammary glanduterus, pituitary, testis, and pancreas) were also noted in the rats. In another study, delta-9-THC, delta-8-THC, and cannabinol were found to inhibit the growth of Lewis lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo .In addition, other tumors have been shown to be sensitive to cannabinoid-induced growth inhibition.

But if you smoke it you go to jail ?? but it fights cancers FFS our government is a disgrace and so are a lot of laws maybe if the people in the UK gave a fk something might change but who knows  

Edited by policematrix, 07 September 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#68 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

yes its a disgrace , a lot of laws are based on BS , like for instance if you go picking magic mushrooms you could seven years in jail and/or an unlimited fine. yet they grow in every field in the uk , and are harmless in fact recent studies suggest they are actually good for you and can fight brain degenerative diseases and also combat depression 10X  more successfully than prescription drugs  , 

lets compare that to say drink driving that actually could kill another person

Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink

You may get:

• 6 months’ imprisonment
  • up to £5,000 fine
  • a driving ban for at least 1 year (3 years if convicted twice in 10 years)                     

same with cannabis 

http://www.cancer.go...fessional/page4

One study in mice and rats suggested that cannabinoids may have a protective effect against the development of certain types of tumors. During this 2-year study, groups of mice and rats were given various doses of THC by gavage. A dose-related decrease in the incidence of hepatic adenoma tumors and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was observed in the mice. Decreased incidences of benign tumors(polyps and adenomas) in other organs (mammary glanduterus, pituitary, testis, and pancreas) were also noted in the rats. In another study, delta-9-THC, delta-8-THC, and cannabinol were found to inhibit the growth of Lewis lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo .In addition, other tumors have been shown to be sensitive to cannabinoid-induced growth inhibition.

But if you smoke it you go to jail ?? but it fights cancers FFS our government is a disgrace and so are a lot of laws maybe if the people in the UK gave a fk som

can u explain what is delta 8 THC in your own words please

The Yorkie bars are not on me

#69 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

A graph provides no information what so ever without the original figures to back it up there is no scientific value to it.

a graph provides whatever info is put into it, right or wrong

Edited by dachshund, 07 September 2013 - 10:43 PM.

The Yorkie bars are not on me

#70 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Exactly and the refuse to publish the figures used to create the graph rendering it useless.

#71 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

can u explain what is delta 8 THC in your own words please

well in my own words without googling it is the perceived active chemical in cannabis , it is what people thought gets you high , so most modern strains are bred toward high THC content .

This is a bad thing , as THC alone is the cause of schizophrenia in people with the underlying condition

In field grown marijuana the levels of THC are also quite high but they also have good levels of CBD and CBN , this reduces the risks of any mental conditions being triggered  

Now i cant tell you exactly but put in laymans terms THC alone is bad , when mixed with the natural occurring chemicals it is good and also fights cancers 

Thanks to this countries laws that are supposed to protect they have forced people to grow weed in this country by stopping the import of the good stuff , now we must rely on drug dealers to grow our weed rather than some farmer , I have smoked for over 20 years and it get easier and easier to obtain each year BUT the quality is bad  it is grown for quantity not quality

The belief of a drug dealer is you can flower it in 8 weeks and all is good BUT it takes a lot longer to produce the CBDs and CBNs so until this country faces the facts that people do and our going to continue to smoke weed rather than drink harmful alcohol or smoke cancerous cigs then this will continue to be the case ,.

If people /government really cared they would legalise it , as all the being illegal is doing is making it slightly dangerous to a select few , and less effective to the people who rely on it for treatment of what ails them , the availability is not affected in the slightest in fact if you were to be sent to jail for cannabis possession you would find cannabis in every jail in the UK again making the laws pointless 

So THC is like hoover its  a name but its misunderstood as cannabis has over 80 ACTIVE cannabinoids that all do different things to the human body / mind  

1 thing that is certain you won't find another drug / plant with even half the medicinal uses in the world , also you won't find any drug that doesn't have potential to kill people through overdoses or interaction with other drugs , just look on your last prescription "in rare cases can cause death/coma" and these are legal 

#72 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Biggest problem with cannabis is it half life folks that take it regularly have a massive dose and start thinking stoned is normal when they have had no chance for it to leave the body.

Least if you get pissed the alcohol is gone in a few hours whereas cannabis stays in the body.

#73 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Biggest problem with cannabis is it half life folks that take it regularly have a massive dose and start thinking stoned is normal when they have had no chance for it to leave the body.

Least if you get pissed the alcohol is gone in a few hours whereas cannabis stays in the body.

yes but its not affect you it's ACTIVE HL is smaller than alcohol where you can wake up pissed the next day also cannbis has very little effect on driving / mechanical ability try playing need for speed pissed  , cannabis is detectable in your body for a very long time but its not active , and please do not compare the effects of alcohol with cannabis they are totally different 

Alcohol is a seriously powerful mind altering drug its also a big killer , and physically addictive .

But anyway we are way off track here (sorry my fault) 

Im going to predict a serious spell of cold weather in the UK this winter 

Edited by policematrix, 09 September 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#74 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Well if we lived in the USA i would have been correct, turns out we got the rain and wind which is also an effect of "human global weather change" or rare weather becoming the norm.

Without any scientific knowledge I believe this is a direct result of sea temps but in saying that I believe it also proves the world can deal with global warming by releasing the energy into weather, whether we can deal with this is another story.

1 thing I learned in science was you cant destroy energy only transfer it.

#75 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

Well if we lived in the USA i would have been correct, turns out we got the rain and wind which is also an effect of "human global weather change" or rare weather becoming the norm.

Without any scientific knowledge I believe this is a direct result of sea temps but in saying that I believe it also proves the world can deal with global warming by releasing the energy into weather, whether we can deal with this is another story.

1 thing I learned in science was you cant destroy energy only transfer it.

As a 'Man Of science', I agree. However it is the Law Of Physics. So nothing new there !!!.....................Perhaps you have an opinion of your own without quoting references from other sources.

#76 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

As a 'Man Of science', I agree. However it is the Law Of Physics. So nothing new there !!!.....................Perhaps you have an opinion of your own without quoting references from other sources.

I didn't quote anything in the last post its all off the top of my head, the reason I might use a quote or three is in some cases to back up what im saying and in most cases to save people searching Google themselves.

And just for you my opinion is global cooling rather than global warming, the time-scale though is something I have no idea about could take 10 years could take hundreds and it might get hotter for a bit, again its all guess work, but based on what the sun is doing (or not doing) it could be 10 years or I could be completely wrong and the seas will boil and man kind will see hell on earth, nothing short of what man deservers. 

What is certain is the weather is changing I think the jet stream may split or even move to north Africa or the Mediterranean leaving us in cold still air maybe even changing the direction of the gulf stream towards Africa rather than towards us and the north pole.

Edited by policematrix, 19 February 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#77 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Whatever global cooling, warming my arse. If it was cooling where's the frosts this winter, if It was warming why's america freezing it's balls off. Yes we can blame the floods here on us. That's down to human error and poor management and greed, river's stilted up fields tarmac,ed over even got planning permission to build on the flooded fields in glos. As i've said early in this topic the earths going through its natural cycle,give it a few months we'll all be basking in a 35oC heat. Ooh yer the wind blame that on God keeps eating stuffing n curry

Edited by vectra666, 19 February 2014 - 11:40 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#78 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Whatever global cooling, warming my arse. If it was cooling where's the frosts this winter, if It was warming why's america freezing it's balls off. Yes we can blame the floods here on us. That's down to human error and poor management and greed, river's stilted up fields tarmac,ed over even got planning permission to build on the flooded fields in glos. As i've said early in this topic the earths going through its natural cycle,give it a few months we'll all be basking in a 35oC heat. Ooh yer the wind blame that on God keeps eating stuffing n curry

yeah lol maybe it should be called global weather change or something more catchy.

#79 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Its just called weather.

#80 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts