Photo
- - - - -

Only Just Watched The Video From Chris But..

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Problem is that wizard used alot of mame to make mfme and the T&C's say if you use it then you have to release the code. Wizard had a hissy fit and decided not to release it and spat his dummy out and said no more updates which is what has done in the past. So same old boring shit but this time he decided to stick the knife in deep by showing this video which has been seen as a total piss take. I personaly think it was bang out of order and below the belt and I think a good portion of the scene feel the same way too.

Lets just hope someone does leak it as we have nothing to lose RIGHT?!!!!

Well we have got amber to look forward to anyways and thats coming along great.

Erm do you mind not nicking the carrot dangling idea from my sig at dads please!!

#22 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Erm do you mind not nicking the carrot dangling idea from my sig at dads please!!

I wasnt stealing YOUR idea I was using it to emphasise my point. In future I will make sure I dont use any copyrighted material, sorry.

Also Tommy its not the one from your sig at dads it was one I decided to make myself.

#23 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

And so what if Wizard does release an update without the open source code --- What are Mame going to do, sue a person they have no idea who it is or where they live ??

f*** MAME, IT'S $&%# ANYWAY..

#24 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

Lol, you're not the first to do the mfme on a stick idea. Not by a long shot.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#25 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

I wasnt stealing YOUR idea I was using it to emphasise my point. In future I will make sure I dont use any copyrighted material, sorry.

Also Tommy its not the one from your sig at dads it was one I decided to make myself.

f*** me calm down it's only a commercial ;) maybe i sounded a bit arrogent in that post m8 it wasn't intended to come acroos like that,i also knew it wasn't the same sig as mine.Maybe i should have added one of these :D tot he post.

#26 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

f*** MAME, IT'S $&%# ANYWAY..

Yep so $&%# that chris had to nick half of it to get MFME running because he couldn't be arsed to write his own cores.

MAME works in windows 7, MFME doesn't, which one is $&%# again?

#27 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

Erm wheres the source for the carrot dangling picture....... i can see a video being posted then someone quitting :err:

Edited by Johnnyafc, 25 August 2011 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Mr House

Mr House

Sometimes Critical

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

MAME works in windows 7, MFME doesn't, which one is $&%# again?

The retail version of Windows 7 was released on 22nd October 2009.

The stolen version of the emulator was given out several years earlier.

As with regards to which is so $&%#, well you can only build an emulator based on current technologies and OS.

When you release something, you will know that.

MFME is not $&%#.

MAME for the past few years has been a piece of bloatware shit.

Edited by Mr House, 25 August 2011 - 12:19 PM.

#29 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Do we really have to go through all this again for f*** sake.Mfme ain't no more a vid was posted that pissed alot of us off.Every f***er thinks they know more than the next person so the argument goes on.Fme my f***in arse everyones not happy unless there bitching and moaning about something,or someone,now i know why i can't be arsed anymore and the majority of other designers that have done the same!!!!!!

#30 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Do we really have to go through all this again for fuck sake.Mfme ain't no more a vid was posted that pissed alot of us off.Every fucker thinks they know more than the next person so the argument goes on.Fme my fuckin arse everyones not happy unless there bitching and moaning about something,or someone,now i know why i can't be arsed anymore and the majority of other designers that have done the same!!!!!!

lol had to smile at that....moaning at people...erm....moaning class :)

#31 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

The retail version of Windows 7 was released on 22nd October 2009.

As with regards to which is so $&%#, well you can only build an emulator based on current technologies and OS.

When you release something, you will know that.

MFME is not $&%#.

MAME for the past few years has been a piece of bloatware shit.

Well post your copy of MFME and I'll do a modern day comparison then.

Its very easy to post stuff like that when you have the latest version with all the stuff everyone wanted. If Chris had shared the source LIKE HE WAS MEANT TO back in 2006 when he f***ed off the first time, by now MAME could have been light years ahead of MFME. But nope, he took what he wanted and refused to share back. If he didnt want to release the source he shouldn't have used the code end of story. Amazing how he claims to have dimmed lamping emulated in MPU4, yet there is no sign of strobing in the video and still the tell tale sign of 1 lamp in a flashing pair staying on longer than the other (hi-lo lamps for instance) like MFME does now.

Is his hiatus so he can catch up with other emu's?

Edit to add: I notice Mr House that you totally ignored the other half of my post about the core(s) he used from MAME, yes I know not all of them were from MAME but even if only 1 is, its covered under the license.

Edited by Guitar, 25 August 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#32 mart1711

mart1711

• Regulars
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

I accept what you are saying guitar and bow to your knowledge on the technical side of things. That aside the versions of MFME we have do seem quite polished and user friendly where as the dealings i have had with MAME feels far more clumsy and non-user friendly.
As far as the video goes.... Hail chris etc etc for creating the emulator we are using now, whether we are meant to be using it or not... But the point of making a video of what people who use the current emulator would like to see in it knowing he wont let the people use it is pathetic and childish to say the least. Its not a case of moaning about something we want or not being grateful for what we have as some people like to think.. Some people seem to despair if anyone speaks ill of chris and insist we tiptoe around things as to not upset him incase he may someday release a new emu. In his position i think i would bundle up what i have and sell it.. We have had scandal on here before with the selling of all things emu related, but i personally would be willing to pay say 10 or 20 pounds for a programme capable of doing what the video shows..

#33 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

lol had to smile at that....moaning at people...erm....moaning class :)

Ermmmmmmmmmmm glad you found it amusing,would you like a blue peter badge for that.

#34 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

Ermmmmmmmmmmm glad you found it amusing,would you like a blue peter badge for that.

Come-on tommy get a grip will you...Yeah I did find it funny if i'm honest.

You was moaning at moaners....so you getting a huff with me now because I made a comment (lighthearted as it was) that you didn't like?

And as for the badge...thats also funny...please be more original (as wasn't the dangling carrot ;) )

#35 lsec

lsec

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Germanicus - be a shame if your tagged copy of MFME leaked ?
Keep it safe I would.
Is it safe enough at the moment ?
Stop sprouting your crap and it might be.

#36 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Germanicus - be a shame if your tagged copy of MFME leaked ?
Keep it safe I would.
Is it safe enough at the moment ?
Stop sprouting your crap and it might be.

And why do you feel the need to post under a cover I wonder?....

#37 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Stolen. Hmmmmm. I know it was leaked, but outright theft. Who stole it?

bj

#38 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Col Mustard in the Dining room with the Lead Pipe
Posted Image

#39 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Col Mustard in the Dining room with the Lead Pipe

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

#40 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

And why do you feel the need to post under a cover I wonder?....

I wonder who that is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users