Photo
- - - - -

Only Just Watched The Video From Chris But..

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

I have been pretty tied up and not had much chance to interract on here of late, but just looked at the threads and Wiz's video. I wasn't going to make any comment but I found it strange that nobody mentioned in any of the forums about the different layout designs. It is obvious from watching that several different people have created those layouts - and I would be suprised if Chris had done many/any.. So who were the designers of those layouts? It seems self evident to me that at least 2 other people must have a copy of the updated version of MFME to have been able to create them... So the inner circle rumours MUST have been true... Does anybody think one of them might leak it again now they know there will be no updates (as I can't see Chris putting the same effort in to it now)?
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#2 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

nobody will leak anything, as once amber is released and given a chance - an update has been publically announced by wizard himself.

#3 staceyparish

staceyparish

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

That statement was retracted shortly after the MAME devs made it clear any future public release or updates off MFME would require the release of the source code released also remember. Hence the video lol.

uh yah, I have a feeling it'll make it's way into the public domain one day but only then it'll seem irrelevant so don't hold your breath. Probably fail to live up to it's 20 year hype by then.

#4 mart1711

mart1711

• Regulars
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Where is the video??????

#5 staceyparish

staceyparish

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Where is the video??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5mKHaIj0KI

Edit: Don't get why the simpsons is on their, wasn't that already available ?

Edited by staceyparish, 23 August 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#6 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

no the previous Simpsons wasn't the same version - used Great Escape Roms if I remember correctly.

#7 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

nobody will leak anything, as once amber is released and given a chance - an update has been publically announced by wizard himself.

Where you been for the last 4 weeks lol.

#8 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

BWB Miami Dice...nice one..that Big Chief Barcrest one looks most interesting as well im sure ive played that in the wild before.

Ach well..c'est la vie..maybe one day. :(
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#9 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

Off the top of my head you'll have Chris, Harvey, Pete W and Steve Phipps - not sure who else (if anyone) has been indoctrinated into the mysterious inner circle over the years though :)

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#10 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Off the top of my head you'll have Chris, Harvey, Pete W and Steve Phipps - not sure who else (if anyone) has been indoctrinated into the mysterious inner circle over the years though :)

Nope it's Pandy, Trouty, DanTheMan and MrPotato.

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

And in all fairness if it wasn't for those people FME wouldn't have got started when it did...if ever?

#12 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Dont Forget Gary
Posted Image

#13 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

And in all fairness if it wasn't for MAME FME wouldn't have got started when it did...if ever?

Slightly corrected for true accuracy.

#14 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

Slightly corrected for true accuracy.

lol, only you.... :)

#15 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

lol, only you.... :)

FME is coming home, back to MAME from where it all started

bj

#16 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

Where you been for the last 4 weeks lol.

italy actually :(

if i want to release some code, i release it. if mam say to me release the code - i say bollocks to you. whats the problem?

Edited by nails, 23 August 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#17 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

if i want to release some code, i release it. if mam say to me release the code - i say bollocks to you. whats the problem?

Problem is that wizard used alot of mame to make mfme and the T&C's say if you use it then you have to release the code. Wizard had a hissy fit and decided not to release it and spat his dummy out and said no more updates which is what has done in the past. So same old boring shit but this time he decided to stick the knife in deep by showing this video which has been seen as a total piss take. I personaly think it was bang out of order and below the belt and I think a good portion of the scene feel the same way too.

Lets just hope someone does leak it as we have nothing to lose RIGHT?!!!!

Well we have got amber to look forward to anyways and thats coming along great.

Attached Files

#18 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:42 AM

If it was a holiday then it did not improve your mood any. I wouldn't bother next time if I was you.

bj

#19 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

£8 for a bottle of magner, no it didnt.

I just dont see the problem, well ok the problem is that the release has to have open source to MAME i get that, but just release it anyway. why not wizard leak it ???

Lets just hope someone does leak it as we have nothing to lose RIGHT?!!!!

Well we have got amber to look forward to anyways and thats coming along great.

spot on

#20 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

Mame will one day run them, why would you leak your own work lol wizard might quit oh wait.....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users