djcr's Content

There have been 72 items by djcr (Search limited from 02-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#182961 Remake of Sci-Fi classic V

Posted by djcr on 06 November 2009 - 09:59 AM in Any Topic Chat

I believe Sci-Fi channel have bought it for UK.

#181162 Photographers Question

Posted by djcr on 15 October 2009 - 08:34 AM in Any Topic Chat

Very welcome & thanks! :D

#181085 Photographers Question

Posted by djcr on 14 October 2009 - 09:00 AM in Any Topic Chat

If it's Adobe Bridge you're using the answer could be here
Flickr: Discussing Adobe Bridge lightening/changing RAW images? in Photoshop Support Group

#138565 Rigged Fruities????

Posted by djcr on 13 November 2008 - 10:23 AM in General FME Discussion

I watched a mate put £60 through one of the new Barcrests, can't remember the name and it's not on their website - and then I stupidly put another £120 through it and we both walked away skint without it never offering us more than about £12.
A guy went on after us and won £35 but it went dead after that.
Gave me a kick up the arse. It's been some years since I wasted that kind of money getting hooked like that and it's shocked me into not doing it again some time soon.
:bigeyes06:

#114644 torrent programs

Posted by djcr on 20 April 2008 - 10:16 AM in Any Topic Chat

I only just discovered newsgroups this week. Grabit and nzbsrus.com work superb for me. Found everything I need and always max speed which in my case is 480KB/s.
I'll never go back to torrents or limewire.

#100126 Why is my laptop so fu**ing slow ??

Posted by djcr on 17 November 2007 - 07:05 PM in Any Topic Chat

also check and make sure that your hardware drivers you have are also compatable with vista.
i don't know if vista still has issues relating to hardware software or not

Forgot to mention, Vista didn't like my SoundBlaster card either and that caused a bit of slowness too but not nearly as much as Defender.
btw you can just tell defender to shut down and not monitor anything in the security centre.

#100122 Why is my laptop so fu**ing slow ??

Posted by djcr on 17 November 2007 - 06:33 PM in Any Topic Chat

I put Vista on my machine, it's only a AthlonXP 2400+ but with 2gig ram and it ran absolutely shite until my mate suggested I get rid of windows defender. My PC runs like a bloody dream now - i'd have never believed it but it's made a huge difference.

#98864 What's the most you've ever won online in just for fun or practice mode?

Posted by djcr on 07 November 2007 - 05:27 PM in Any Topic Chat

Im pretty sure that when your on practice mode, it pays out loads more to entise you to play the real thing.

Correct me if im wrong.

I wish I won that kind of money. Trouble is, if I did, I would be hooked :-s

-No1Stoney

Gotta be true aint it, although I'm sure i remember seeing something somewhere they're not allowed to do that by law?

#98858 What's the most you've ever won online in just for fun or practice mode?

Posted by djcr on 07 November 2007 - 05:11 PM in Any Topic Chat

I managed to get to over 100 grand on William Hill's - wish it was real.
It took 5 mins to win that much and 25 minutes to blow it all on another slot on there. Goes to show how quick you can be ripped.
Posted Image

#91287 Deal Or No Deal

Posted by djcr on 04 August 2007 - 05:49 PM in General FME Discussion

They've got em all under one roof at Megabowl/Tenpin Star City Birmingham (the AWP's) or they did up till last week. I must admit I quite like Walk of Wealth - maybe that's because i've been lucky to have profitted nearly every time i've played it at 50p a go. My feelings might change when i've gotten stuffed by it. :bigeyes02:
I played the clubber on Thursday for 1st time too - lost 30 quid - played just like all other BFM's imo.

#89749 Free Laptop

Posted by djcr on 19 July 2007 - 11:16 AM in Any Topic Chat

I had Orange broadband for a year and they were an absolute disgrace. Luckily I got my service free with my mobile. If i'd have had to pay for the crap I had I'd have been mighty pissed off. Completely shit, hardly ever worked or was offline more offen than not. When it worked i was getting about 200k d/l and 240 u/l.
I ended up moving to cable and their 2 meg makes Oranges offering (which was supposed to be up to 8 meg) look like 16k.
I've several mates who've got Orange with exactly the same problem.
It's a shame coz it soured my relationship with Orange as I'd had the phone for 8 years and I've always loved it but it's made me want to completely leave now.
Orange Problems - Index - Orange Broadband, Orange Email, Orange Mobile Phones - OrangeProblems.co.uk (formerly WanadooProblems.co.uk) is a good indicator of what you get.

#79231 Twister - by Crystal old club machine

Posted by djcr on 28 March 2007 - 01:11 PM in Any Topic Chat

I absolutely loved this one, definitely crystal - I only played it a few times before the club it was in closed down. I jackpotted it twice in that time, probably the reason why I loved it so much. If I remember right it had a very original game style too and i've never seen anything anywhere else similar.
I could've sworn it wasn't mpu tech tho - i thought it was impact. Although, my memory is rarely reliable.

#76908 Guarenteed Jackpots

Posted by djcr on 27 February 2007 - 05:43 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Did you try doing a jobby in the payout tray after it ?
Ive heard that forces another IM out of it..

So in a nutshell, I do my emptier into the tray.........

#76847 Homers Meltdown , is it any good.

Posted by djcr on 26 February 2007 - 07:52 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I used to get bored real quick on this when it was still out in the wild. The impulse I wasted shed loads on (time and money). Isn't Flashback a little newer than Homer's Meltdown too?

#76846 Guarenteed Jackpots

Posted by djcr on 26 February 2007 - 07:48 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Maybe that's wot I needed to do - carry on for a bit! lol. I was so depressed I lost all the logic to think of that.
Love your avatar by the way, gives a whole new meaning to nudge the melons. :bigeyes04:

#76842 Guarenteed Jackpots

Posted by djcr on 26 February 2007 - 07:22 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Yeah, I think it was the spin before the fine. I had something like 20 nudges and there were no cashpots in view but they were only 3 to 5 nudges away on each reel. I didn't take them coz none of the cash values on the bottom glass were flashing to indicate what was on and I just presumed the £20 bulb was out.
If I remember right, that last spin added loads more nudges on too on it's way to the court room.
I'm a bit of a dick for playing too fast all the time tho and I thought it only gave jackpot in general play off the board i.e. cashpots on reel 1 and 4 and 4 nudges with em above in middle.
I'd like to think i've learnt that lesson but I know i'll do it again when I'm rat-arsed.

#76813 Guarenteed Jackpots

Posted by djcr on 26 February 2007 - 12:57 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I had enough nudges on Cops n Robbers Gold millionaires row last year for a £200 cashpot but didn't realise till I checked after I'd been fined and ended up with £12.
I wanted to commit suicide. Truly dumb-assed performance.

#76432 Vista or XP

Posted by djcr on 16 February 2007 - 01:03 AM in Any Topic Chat

And cornflakes lol

#75973 folding@home

Posted by djcr on 06 February 2007 - 01:10 PM in Any Topic Chat

I'm in, my pc spends every day switched on with nobody using it so should help a lot. :)

#71216 The £2 Bar?

Posted by djcr on 26 September 2006 - 08:45 PM in Any Topic Chat

lol. That's a bloody tempting idea......
Either that or choke her with one of them "RF Manipulators" lmao.

#71205 The £2 Bar?

Posted by djcr on 26 September 2006 - 08:05 PM in Any Topic Chat

Yeah that's the one! I miss it even more now. The buyer was well chuffed with it's condition - it was mint. No amount of money would have softened the loss though.
I feel really stupid now coz if i'd have sat back and thought about it at the time I would have been on here first to see how I could've contributed to the scene with it. If i remember right too back then there was an appeal for SpAce roms and glass scans/photos.
Too late crying about it now though.

#71168 The £2 Bar?

Posted by djcr on 26 September 2006 - 10:30 AM in Any Topic Chat

I used to have an Open The Box up until this time last year when my missus forced me to sell it on ebay much to my distress. And I did that for real a couple of times just to see what happens. It did exactly that - went berserk, but one day I was deliberately refusing all wins on it and went to eat my tea. While I was there my dear old nan went on it and totally emptied it of my cash - we had an agreement that if either played and won it was ours for the keeping. I could have cried - she got about £100 in £'s and 20's and emptied my two token tubes as well. She agreed to let me have the tokens back though :-)

#66660 New Extreme gaming machines - forcing payout

Posted by djcr on 11 July 2006 - 11:22 AM in Real Fruit Machines

I remember getting rat-arsed and stupidly spending over £100 trying to force a QPS, name of it escapes me but it's the james bond style one ("kill him, kill him!" clone of many).
Never even got one JP in all that time and never collected a cent.
The experience sobered me up pretty quick.
I wasted £60 the other day in Extreme's Round the Bend - it was backing from the first quid and I was never offered above £6 in all that time. I can't even bring myself to look at the bitch now, I won't be playing it again.

#64881 Blackpool arcade con... :( i won £21,000.

Posted by djcr on 06 June 2006 - 06:35 PM in Real Fruit Machines

I found a change machine once at the amusements in Stourport-on-severn that gave you your tenners worth of coins and the note back. I think I managed qbout 50 quid before the machine thought sod it and kept the note. Woz well happy tho. :bigeyes04:
Do i remember a scam many years ago something to do with ripping a note about halfway along to make a little V shaped cut in it in order to make the change machine do exactly that? Or was it just one of the many bullsh*t scam stories you hear?

#63760 Fruit Machine World Site...

Posted by djcr on 19 May 2006 - 11:53 AM in Dumped in The Abyss

I remember doing a whois query on my own website about 12 months ago and it came up with my name, address and everything. Can't you do that?