Photo
- - - - -

Blackpool arcade con... :( i won £21,000.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:04 AM

Went to Blackpool this weekend and it is quite funny now i think about it but i was a bit upset at the time. I was playing Red Gaming's RAMPAGE and managed to get RAMPAGE and had £10 in the bank then i got the FLARE UP feature. I took this and the machine went screwy..

Thoose that don't know it offers you one value + another value... well it offered me 10+20964 then tried to give me that in pounds.

Obviously it can't pay £21,000 out and i was watching it all count up anyway, what else could i do. Anyway this is where the fun started. There was this chav looking kid in a man utd top that had been following me around the arcade with a hand full of quids and he come over and goes "Awight mate, whats happening..." I said "Ah nothing, i think it's gone screwy but it'll be ok." then he walked off... Less than 30 seconds later he re-appears with 2 security guards who tell me i am not having anything out of the machine and turn it of and on.

Then some shifty arcade manager type comes over and tells me it is impossible to win more than £5 out of the machine as that is the jackpot. I told him i wanted my £10 out of it as i didn't expect him to pay me £21,000. The security guard said "He ain't paying you nothing mate, piss off"...

Now i was getting a little pissed off as i had put £4 in (Not the end of the world but you play it in good faith to try and win but this was now clearly a situation where i had just given them £4 of my money for bugger all). The CHAV SCUM was still there smiling and i was not happy. Anyway the manager type said it has done this a couple of times and is broke so you ain't getting anything. I said well what about what i have put in??? He gave me my £4 in the end and i was asked to leave...

Anyway the main things that pissed me off here, is the CHAV was clearly a stoodge working for the arcade and watching anyone who looks like they might be winning. Secondly there was no need for the attitude they gave me and finally if the machine had been screwy all day why was it left on?

Moral of the story is... If that happens to you make sure the numbers only add up to 100, grab the £100 and leave. :wink:
Commercial Touch Screen Jukebox Software....
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com

#2 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:25 AM

I remember about 25 years ago, my big brother who was about 10 at the time was playing a machine in the local caroussel bingo (I guess there weren't any age rules in those days!). Whilst he's playing it, it suddenly dumped every coin in the tubes. These would have been 10p pieces in those days and the machine was probably only a £1/2 JP.

This caused a bit of commotion as payouts in those days were quite noisy. A couple of the change ladies come over and tell him he's not entitled the money as the machine has errored. Anyway my brother is about to walk off when my mum has seen what has happened and tells him to pick up all the money as he is legally entitled to it. The fact that the machine has f*cked up is not his problem.

By this time a big crowd has gathered and we are scooping up all the money into our pockets. The change ladies are just looking at each other dumbstruck as they are not sure what to do. The crowd are fully on my brother's side, him being only 10. So we just walked out with the money!

Not quite £21,000, probably less then £21 - but still alot of money in those days.

#3 Wozza

Wozza

Advanced Member

• Gold Supporters
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:41 AM

I think we all have that strange story of machine faults. I was once in a arcade when 2.40 was the maximum cash JP. and when playing things seamed rather odd, I soon guessed someone had left it in test mode! So I played dumb and kept holding the 2.40 cash again and again and again. I think the machine maxed at about £30 in them days. And as most of you know no cash is paid in test mode, so I called an attendant over to check the payout (remmember those stickers saying any winning over £3 must be witnessed) and playing innocent oh dear no cash. The attendant called the manager over, and to my suprise just said there must be a fault, turned the machine off and paid up!

That was a good day, and a fair arcade lol. I remmember Blackpool well some not so freindly arcades there!

So any other funny, big winings or big losses through machine faults?
Wozza

#4 alexheard2

alexheard2

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:03 PM

im only 15 and im still learning all the tricks but thanks to my cousin and his cousin im am getting very good at clearing out all types of fruit machine.
well we were in a butlins a few days ago and we were a bit low on money, we had 15p in 1p's to be exact :roll:
well we were trying to use a clicker on a homers meltdown and i noticed a machine still had 8 credits and £7.00 in the bank, it had f***ed up and was left on.
The engineers are useless there so we switched off and on and played out the credits and not suprisingly the machine paid out, well we used that seven pound on a red gameing machine, cant remember wat one now and turned the seven into a £25 jackpot which strangely repeated then later on at another place that £50 became £125 which isn't bad for starting the day with f*** all....

#5 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:18 PM

im only 15 and im still learning all the tricks but thanks to my cousin and his cousin im am getting very good at clearing out all types of fruit machine.
well we were in a butlins a few days ago and we were a bit low on money, we had 15p in 1p's to be exact :roll:
well we were trying to use a clicker on a homers meltdown and i noticed a machine still had 8 credits and £7.00 in the bank, it had f***ed up and was left on.

Don't know if it is just me but i hate people using clickers and the like as this is what normally leads to machines being screwy and then not getting you money when mr arcade owner comes and shuts of the machine. I was surprised by the amount of machines that were screwed up....

However i see that temple of treasure still pays out £13+ from hi-lo cash when it's on £5 JP and that red gaming machines ESPECIALLY Rampage and HYPERLYNX (This still dosn't seem to be chipped) don't cope well with £5 JP's and are happy more often than most. I actually found a £25 HYPERLYNX in the arcade at the entrance to the pleasure beach but the Hi-Lo reel was screwed :x so i couldn't play that. The south pier had a ceasars palace in it 8-)

A couple of new things i noticed were the BINGO machines made by the people that make that Trick Shot Pool you find in pubs, they were really popular and also OUTRUN 2. If you have not played that i recommen giving it a go, it has got all the old tunes in it. There was also a Need 4 Speed GT game i hadn't seen before. It was quite pleasing to see there are still some Arcade Games around and not just all gaming machines. Oh yeah and Pac Man Balls, but that was there last november so it isn't really as new.

In the way of new fruities i didn't really see anything i have not seen in the pubs apart from the monopoly link up with the video screen in the middle in CORAL ISLAND and the link up roulette in LUCKY STAR. There were some strange video based machines in the arcade at the pleasure beach entrance but i didn't see anyone go near em.

#6 alexheard2

alexheard2

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:24 PM

hyperlynx that was the one

#7 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

The biggest amount of money I have won from a £5 jp machine is £20, and that was on Frenzy (clone of pcb). I won the super jp and it repeated 3 times.

#8 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:31 PM

I had the same trouble @ Southport Arcades @ the fair.....

Played Packman for a while but managed to win £4 but the machine when funny and started paying the lot !!!

But i did manged to do the right thing as the machine was by the pay box and told them the machine is paying more than £4

They said its the roms have been swopped from another machine or there plays up every now and then........( Swopped from another Pacman machine )

But @ Least i did the right thing :-)

8)

#9 alexheard2

alexheard2

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

y were u honest that was an easy £80

#10 Lewis777

Lewis777

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:17 PM

Blackpool is a bit of a shithole & no-one there seems to know how to play machines. Made good profit there a year or so ago. didnt have no-one eyeballing me for a change.

Great Yarmouth on the other hand ...

#11 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:22 PM

Gt Yarmouth, great place, last year I came back with £61 profit, all from playin £5 jp machines.

#12 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

I had a real cracker, i was in an arcade, and it was a lo-tech machine, cant remember the name, but it was kinda like Bar X but with a few more win options. Anyway, i had got to my last bit of money as it had nailed me. and i only had 5ps left.

i put two tens an a 5p in, and it gave me 8 credits, i wondered what was going on, i should have only got 1 credit, so i just span them off with no win, reached for the rest of my backpocket change which was 5ps and to my surprise it gave me 8 credits, put the other 5p in and again up to 16 crdits. I was now onto the mech had been incorrectly programmed or something, it was thinking 5ps were 2 pound coins.

So my heart started to race and wondered what to do, so i went to the bank and drew out 3 quid in 5Ps. I went back and played it. for about 2 hours getting to about 70 pound in the back, i collected it. and walked, i couldnt beleive it, i did theis for several days letting it fill back up and then nailing it, until 1 day where it must have been empty and it alarms when the money ran out and ended on an I O U, and it got switched off and i got paid, upon returning, a day or so later it had been soprted and i was gutted, and the chnage woman were looking at me starnge, to the effect of "YOU KNEW THE MACHINE WAS FOOKED, YOUVE RIPPED US OFF"
i then thought, HOW FFFOKING MUCH HAVE THESE BASTARDS HAD OFF ME" ha ha and that was that.......

a pure one off.But a good one, earnt me about 400 quid.

Scorpz

#13 alexheard2

alexheard2

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:49 PM

you wouldnt be so suprised if u went to a butlins all of the coin mech's are f***ed there lol :wink:

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:25 PM

i played a streak machine (get 3 teddy bears in view for the streak button.. you know the type)

anyway it was a £8 jackpot, and thr streak went for £5.10, so when i presed collect it went .. 90,70,50,30,10,00 and carried on pumping the tubes till they emptied and still carried out pumping!

i scooped up the best part of £50 in tokens (double tubes) left a hand full or tokens and explained to the mgr who practically ran over, thai i had collected my £8, and the £2 left was surplus! he believed me and i probably scooped 35-40 in coins back..

not a kings ransom but a story none the less (as good as my 5+5+5 on the old barcrest stike a light) which held, held, held.... after £60 of IOU`s the shop guy turned it off, but honoured the payment in tokens..

#15 Marie2003

Marie2003

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:50 PM

you wouldnt be so suprised if u went to a butlins all of the coin mech's are f***ed there lol :wink:

Which Butlins was it? I am going to the Skegness one on saturday.

Marie

#16 adanis

adanis

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:13 PM

Hi , Im just interested to find out which arcade u were in as i live in blackpool and it is full of SCUM and SCRUBBERS. Also the security think they are so F***ing hard the pricks. I play machines every so often and i like to be clued up on whats going on as i play without cheating and do not want to get SCREWED!!!

P.S. Stay away from the Piers the machines r shi!e

#17 alexheard2

alexheard2

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:51 PM

[quote name='Marie2003][quote=alexheard2']you wouldnt be so suprised if u went to a butlins all of the coin mech's are f***ed there lol :wink:[/quote]

Which Butlins was it? I am going to the Skegness one on saturday.

Marie[/quote]

Any of them really, they are all poorly maintained, but the one in skegness used to have a homer's meltdown and a great escape bout 3 months ago i cleaned them up so, they may no longer be present.... hope i have been of service 8)

#18 dave1de

dave1de

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:09 AM

I won a load of cash at butlins last september (the one in skegg)

Every machine I went on with £1, I seemed to win atleast £4, i went on almost all the machines there and came back with masses of profit!

#19 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:40 PM

Hi , Im just interested to find out which arcade u were in as i live in blackpool and it is full of SCUM and SCRUBBERS. Also the security think they are so F***ing hard the pricks. I play machines every so often and i like to be clued up on whats going on as i play without cheating and do not want to get SCREWED!!!

P.S. Stay away from the Piers the machines r shi!e

Can't remeber but it was before coral island walking up from crazy scotts. After Gayeties karaoke bar...

The piers were the best places for me... 2 Temple of treasures on the south pier that gave me the bar code 2-3-1 hi/lo cash for £13... Then over the road in Lucky Star they have got RAMPAGE on £5 Jp that gave the RAMPAGE feature for £10 twice and there are a couple of temples upstairs. The central pier has got HYPERLYNX on it at £5JP :D :D :D :D Don't really need to comment on that one do we.

My Favourite machine in coral island is CROSSFIRE. It's on 5p play i think or maybe 10p but the crossfire feature on that went for £13 with 2 £3 wins straight after.

Seems to me that some £5 JP machines are better than others. Anyway thoose machines i have just mentioned were pretty much like that all the time i was there. I am going again on the bankholiday weekend, anyone else going up?

#20 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:53 PM

Great stories so far.

I did manage to walk out an arcade at Chessington world of aventures but i didnt put any money into a fruit machine.

I went to the change machine in an attempt to get 10p's for the old 10p sliders (you know the ones were the coin goes in and the top part moves back and forward pushing the money further until it drops out the bottom) and to my surpise when i put a pound in the change machine and got two 50p's (ok so far so good) i then put one of the 50p coins in and to my surprise 5 pound coins dropped out... thinking it was a fluke i tried it again... and again.. and again and so on... i emptied the machine for around £200 the attendents were quick to refill the machine and i was gobsmacked to find they have just refilled the pound coins in the same tube so low and behold shortly after i had around £500 in pound coins..

Now by this time my pockets were buldging and i was starting to panic about the amount of money i had so i tried to be sly and change about £30 up at the cashiers but they would only give me £15. so i went from there to every stall in the park and eventually i managed to get all bar £30 changed up. so i decided to invest this the best way possible.... Fruities... i had already made over £500 from the park so i really wasnt bothered by what happened so i hit eastenders and Petes market stopped at 2.80 which repeated around 10 times..... would they change the remaining £45 i had... would they bugger... Dinner for me and all my mates i was with at the time and the rest i put in the bank....

Thanks Chessington.. not only for being dumb enough to put the £1 hoppers on the 10p slot of the change machine but for doing it twice and me making a nice £500 with little effort.
N/A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users