Remake of Sci-Fi classic V

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Winnie

Winnie

• New Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

For those of us of a certain age who remember the 1984 Mini Series and subsequent series I thought you might be interested to know that ABC have done a remake of V. Starts this Tuesday in USA, not sure if it is coming to the UK though.

I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch it, I think it was put on by ITV as an alternative to the Olympics.

WIll be interesting to see what they do with it...

#2 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

Loved that program when i was in my youth..absolutley obsessed with it i was likes.

Never missed a single episode..thanks for the info might be worth watching. :)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#3 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:26 AM

I can remember those lizards coming to eat us humans for their dinners!

Wasn't that Diana a bitch? Wouldn't fancy her tongue down my throat in a snog! ;)

Seriously though, I thought the special effects, especially their spaceships, were very good for the early 1980s - they seemed real back then, although recently when I looked at an episode (can't remember where it was like) the special effects were piss poor compared to now - but that added to the mystique of the show.

Hope they release the new series of V over here in the UK - I will definitely watch that. :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#4 manuel-dacosta

manuel-dacosta

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

I've seen the first episode in the remake, looks promising
but i thought V got cut after like 15 episodes lol

anyway looks good

#5 djcr

djcr

Confused drunk

• New Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

I believe Sci-Fi channel have bought it for UK.
Thank god i'm an atheist....

#6 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

yes, its going to be shown on sci fi in 2010.

the original was a classic in its time (it ran on the oppisite side to the 1994 los angeles olympics)

watched the remake last night. loved it.
also loved the fact that "adria" from SG1 in the new Diana. doesnt that woman ever give up trying to f*** the human race over? lol
Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#7 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

The original ran a series - the original miniseries and a third too - have them all and they got really cheesy towards the end - still brilliant though. None of the series ever got cancelled.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#8 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

man i remember this. it was cool. they had weird voice's when they talked and i remember freaking out when that diana ate a mouse!!!!!

i think it used to be on a program appropriatly named "Night Time"

Awesome show, i loved the battlestar galactica remake so bring it!!!!

#9 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

Robert Englund (Freddie from 'A Nightmare on Elm Street') played a vegetarian Lizard alien which was a bit strange. I have 'V - The Mini Series' and the second 'V - The Final Battle' on DVD. Then some years later appeared 'V The Series' which ran late in the nights on ITV, a sort of hourly weekly show than ran for a fair few episodes that had none of the original characters from the first 2. Michael Ironside appeared on loads of stuff after that, my fave appearance of his was in Total Recall. Only ever saw Marc Singer (Donovan) in Beastmaster. Nice to know it's getting the remake as when it originally came out, it only just made it with the limitations and costs of the special effects of the time.

You could argue that Wil Smith's 'Independence Day' was a take or even a rip of 'V'.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users