• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Slash1975

Slash1975

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

Hi guys

I'm kinda new here (but downloaded a lot of the fruities here - thanx to all those who create them - I'm sure everyone appreciates it) but I have a genuine question about the new 35 pound JP's, and are they rigged or just a pain in the arse?

Today I went in to my local Wetheryspoon's in Hanley, Stoke and found some I hadn't spoken to for a while and he was playing 'Monopoly - Hot Property'. I know the machine reasonably and he sank a mere 80 quid through it. He got practically nothing back - no more than 20 pound in bits and pieces.

Understandably, I thought, the machine was ready to play and I sank another 60 pound and got zip. I took about 7 pound in bits and pieces too.

That's 140 pound in - no more than 30 out in total. Gave me a lot of 'Busts' too (ie lose).

Is this right?

It feels totally wrong to me - I have played machines for years and I am sure if anyone who plays machines saw someone plough 80 quid in a machine then it's got to do something, right??? At least 1 JP.....

Any suggestions?

Secondly, I was playing a different machine a while ago (same pub) and someone 'beamed' there phone at it and then the machine played really, really bad - no feature board for over 30 quid.....

Can fruitties be altered via bluetooth or some other phone connection these days?

Again, any suggestions?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Regards

Slash

#2 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

no to the bluetooth nonsense - They can suck hundreds with no wins nowadays - they are set like that then pay out via streaks.. So they can suck as much as you can put in them... Avoid £35 machines and play the nice macines from the 90s on the emulators.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#3 Nudgeman

Nudgeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

Some new machines are alright. Monopoly Hot Property is something of a turd. It's catch a quick 'go all the way' or a quick game of deal or no deal (rare) or pay £8-£12 for £2-£3 back on 30p or over £20 for a board for similar returns on 50p play. Take it on at your peril, £80 straight through, no collect and I'd have to have a look though.
Star Wars will offer a fairer game, whilst DOND what's in your box? is better value.
I doubt bluetooth would affect AWP hardware, that sounds like an urban myth.
@_!!

#4 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

They are all rigged just some more so some less so bit like complaining after picking the mugger with the razor blade rather than the mugger with a rusty butter knife no matter how you look at it you are still getting mugged and still getting stung.

#5 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

They are all rigged just some more so some less so bit like complaining after picking the mugger with the razor blade rather than the mugger with a rusty butter knife no matter how you look at it you are still getting mugged and still getting stung.

I have to agree with Alth here...They are all fixed from the off. It's called 70% payout. Stick to the emulators bud. :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#6 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Most newer machines suck.Sometimes you need a bank loan to get a streak unless you drop lucky.Thats the situation at the minute.Not like the good old days(80s -early 90s).Like others have said,stick to the emulations bud:wilted_rose:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:32 AM

[EDIT]

*cough* I said nothing :)

#8 Slash1975

Slash1975

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:30 AM

Thanx guys.

I only play 'em for fun and my thought is if someone stuck 80 quid in a machine with no decent wins then 'old' fruit machine logic would say 'it's got to do something'.

Oh well, if they can eat money like that then there is very little, if any, point in playing 'em at all! I don't expect to put a quid in and a 50 quid everytime - just to have a go and I know fruitties are there 'for entertainment value only' (and the house makes a fortune).

Not much entertainment in shoving X hundred pound in a bottomless pit is there? Might as well whack a tenner a week on the lotto!

As for phone/bluetooth thing, when this happened the machine itself, after he actively pointed the handset at the machine, kinda stopped, the display bar where the credits and bank is displayed turned into total nonsense with the whole bar like : GBGBGGBBGBBNNLHGUGNOJ. After this stopped, the machine wouldn't let me on the feature for over 30 pound and I left - thought something dodgy was going on.

Never mind. I will play the EMU's more from now on and leave the real fruitties to the decent memories I had playing for fun over the years. They ain't robbing me like that again, I can assure you!

Regards

Slash

#9 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

That hot property you talk about is down right nasty. It's a bad machine any way but the few times i've played it in there it's been comatosed every time. That'll explain why spoons have had it in there for about 6 months now. And the bully next to it is just as bad. I noticed R2R has gone for 1 of them new cops n robbers reel to video things. Thats a money grabbing piece of turd also. Only good machine thats been in there for the last 12 months was the cluedo upstairs but I imagine thats gone by now.

As for the mobile phone I imagine he was just taking a picture of the machine or videoing it.

#10 djcr

djcr

Confused drunk

• New Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:23 AM

I watched a mate put £60 through one of the new Barcrests, can't remember the name and it's not on their website - and then I stupidly put another £120 through it and we both walked away skint without it never offering us more than about £12.
A guy went on after us and won £35 but it went dead after that.
Gave me a kick up the arse. It's been some years since I wasted that kind of money getting hooked like that and it's shocked me into not doing it again some time soon.
:bigeyes06:
Thank god i'm an atheist....

#11 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:48 AM

Thanx guys.

I only play 'em for fun and my thought is if someone stuck 80 quid in a machine with no decent wins then 'old' fruit machine logic would say 'it's got to do something'.

Oh well, if they can eat money like that then there is very little, if any, point in playing 'em at all! I don't expect to put a quid in and a 50 quid everytime - just to have a go and I know fruitties are there 'for entertainment value only' (and the house makes a fortune).

Not much entertainment in shoving X hundred pound in a bottomless pit is there? Might as well whack a tenner a week on the lotto!

As for phone/bluetooth thing, when this happened the machine itself, after he actively pointed the handset at the machine, kinda stopped, the display bar where the credits and bank is displayed turned into total nonsense with the whole bar like : GBGBGGBBGBBNNLHGUGNOJ. After this stopped, the machine wouldn't let me on the feature for over 30 pound and I left - thought something dodgy was going on.

Never mind. I will play the EMU's more from now on and leave the real fruitties to the decent memories I had playing for fun over the years. They ain't robbing me like that again, I can assure you!

Regards

Slash

Hi Slash

You have got it the A went out of AWP along time ago now, nearly all machines now just suck and suck until thay are ready to pay out a nice big streak, or thay will pay £35 then go on to take another £60 - £70 then drop another jackpot, its almost impossible to go on with £10 or £20 quid, and with a little knowlage have your self a good game even if you did not actualy make much, as it was in the 70's 80's and 90's.

This is one of the reasons that the playing of them is in decline unfortuantely the manus and most of the Industry seem to think the way forward is bigger Jackpots and bigger stakes. Where as lower stakes and prize money and better game play is what most punter would like to see.

Cliff C

#12 Richard

Richard

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

I dunno, alot of punters I see playing love the DOND series, you can get a quick board, get the DOND game and spawn the £35 or the mega in the box - seen that scenario about a million times. Hardly something that used to happen in the old days?

As for the newer barcrests, they don't often cost that much for boards, and offer quite alot of gameplay on the features...

#13 richy76

richy76

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

As James99 said they are all rigged, they are no longer amusement machines like in the 90's, you get ripped off nowadays, since the industry went all cash thats when things changed.

#14 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

ALL the machines in arcades these days are complete and utter turds. £35jp or £5jp it makes no difference. Last time I played I put £120 in a "Grand Blaster Cash" for 40 minutes of play and 2x£3 + £2 = £8 return. I never even made the centre "cashpot accumulator" reel and was not AT ANY TIME offered a win of £5 or above. I walked away utterly disgusted with the machine and disgusted with me own self. Hopefully this is the one that cured me.
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#15 Slash1975

Slash1975

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

Thanx for replying again guys.

That R2R was pretty crap unless you got IM mode which I had twice - 90 and 70 quid respectively. Otherwise total waste of time.

As for Hot Property, Walkabout in Hanley had it and it played well - Boom or Bust gave a few 15's and even 25's. Had Mega Streak 3 times in a row once too (no IM mode either). That one in Spoon's does seem total shite tho. The Bully machine next to it is better - only slightly tho. Had top feature which gave 1 measely JP - gave red Mega Streak (not top feature, btw) straight away and that gave another JP too. Ran away after that.....

Realistically, the fruitties are getting futile. The whole point is a bit of 'entertainment/fun'. However, unless you're willing to bring in 300 quid to 'blow' then there's little, if any, chance of success and there isn't anything 'entertaining or funny' about losing stupid amounts of money!!!!!

So what's the point?????

I will put a tenner on the lotto each week from now. I fully expect to lose BUT at least I'll have more chance than winning on the new fruitties.

Slash1975

#16 tyone1

tyone1

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

hi the reason why u never got any thing with this fruit machine is because u took small wins ie playing the top baord i know this is gonna sound mad but next time u play play it on 50 pence a play and dont take any wins for about 50 pound and it will flash red the little guys will flash red and give u mega streak it should do this about 2|3 times and u will get about 100pound ish rem dont play top baord or u will ave 2 start again or if u take any wins

#17 DJDONKEY

DJDONKEY

• New Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

I've noticed in my local, the machines were set at 82-84% when the £35 machines came out. They've recently got star wars set at 76% and red gaming hi-lo silver set at 70%. Oh and the "+6%" light does not come on on 50p game

This is the way they are clawing back lost revenue due to drop in customers

#18 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

Hi Slash

You have got it the A went out of AWP along time ago now

Sorry Cliff, you missed the MOST IMPORTANT part.

Not only has the A gone out of AWP, but they've removed the P too lol :D
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#19 shajder

shajder

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

Another thing that I've mentioned in the past, is that all machines have the stickers about gambling. It says gambling should be fun. When is it fun when you win f*ck all time and time again?!?!

I agree that all machines these days suck your money up without offering anything.

I can't actually remember the last time I had a jackpot.

Every machines nowadays is based on DOND and they are all sh*t.

#20 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

They used to be known as "amusements with prizes" or AWP for short

Now they should be called "load of f*****g shite that will more often than not take all your money and give you very little gameplay in return although occasionally you may win a lump of money on a streak but it will all go back in eventually"

or LOFSTWMOTNTAYMAGYVLGIRAOYMWALOASBIWAGBIE for short :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users