146 replies to this topic

#21 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:26 PM

That will do at half time. I think Ashley Cole needs to get his act together a little though. 1-0 to England.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#22 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

First of all....3 points. We're up and running.

WTF is with Sven? Has he absolutely no common sense at all or is he just a thick bastard? Why take Owen off and leave no-one up front with Crouch?

God, he's a panic merchant. Just because Pararguay pressed forward for 10 minutes in the second half he substitutes a striker.

Anyway, 1-0 to the Enguuurlaaaand. I'll settle for that in our first game. :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#23 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

Great Tourney so far in my opinion. Great that T & T took a draw last night as well. I don't think there's been one bad game yet (Except the England one) but I was too involved to care. What do you all think so far?

#24 mrmystery83

mrmystery83

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Xmas!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:59 PM

Well it terms of my sweepstake and golden boot not a bad start. Mexico looked like they might at least get through to the next round, and for my GB Crespo is off the mark. A girl from work got 14/1 on Crespo scoring first in the first match he played in. I thought those odds were quite high. I'd have had a few quid myself if i'd have known!

England should've won by more than a goal. Need to be a lot more consistent than that to have a cat in hell's chance of lifting the cup. Much as i hate to say it.
Ey Up!

More vids to be added soon:
www.youtube.com/mrmystery83

"I don't care if the fans rip the shirt from my back. They put it there"

-Elvis

#25 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:35 PM

Well, having watched or listened to (bloody work) most games now it seems most of the top sides have scraped a 1-0. Only the Italians scored two and I don't rate them at all. The next round of games should tell us something.

#26 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

So at what time to England kick-off tonight?

OK we had a result, but chrikes the LAST 10 minutes?....we WERE lucky in my opinion not to have stayed on 3 points there!

#27 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

I disagree for once with you Ady mate. I thought when Lennon and Rooney came on we always looked likely to score. So what if some players are out of form....culprits lke Ferdinand, Lampard will raise their game when we play better teams. I don't want to sound patronising but we will come good. Christ, have we really played that badly and qualified already? :)

Judging by the hysteria, I thought we were out!!!

#28 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:43 PM

Christ, have we really played that badly and qualified already? :)

Thats very very true.......no disrespect at all to those teams, they via Stats should have been an easy win, Hmmmm with their good playing that sure wasn't the case.

#29 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:26 PM

Let's just hope we peak after the group games, Lampard needs a rest. I know he's playing out of position but he's still quality. Leave Rooney out too for Sweden. He's proved he's still got it. My one change would be to play Beckham more central and play Lennon out far right instead. For the Sweden game anyway. Let's just celebrate!!! :) Big Rio still looks far too casual as well. Thank God for John Terry.

#30 mintclub

mintclub

ExAddict

• New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:55 PM

having just watched argentina hammer poor serbia, i'm afraid weve got another four years of hurt (at the very least). lets not beat about the bush - we were piss poor. should it really be the case that we need to rely on 1 player ie rooney to lift the team. the only player that had a decent game was terry. we need players that know what it means to represent england and quite frankly and sadly, they aren't there. dump crouch, bring someone in that commands respect because beckham just doesnt and dont pin the nations hopes on a boy.

that said "COME ON ENGLAND"
playing the fruits that others create

#31 Guest_ilx97mh_*

Guest_ilx97mh_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

come on england

#32 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:25 AM

Korea vs. France today.
I'm supporting Korea because there are a lot of koreans in the area and I have lots of korean friends.
And I'm going to support Japan as well because I have Jap relatives.
Not too sure on the Australia game.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#33 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:28 AM

Not too sure on the Australia game.

Any Criminals in your brood?...........if so like all of us we'll have Aussie ties lol

#34 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

Any Criminals in your brood?...........if so like all of us we'll have Aussie ties lol

No not really. Just Drunk and disorderly uncle thats all!
Today Brazil will lose! Ronaldo is too fat for football!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#35 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

The other posts have been split here guys, try and keep it friendly, thanks.

http://www.fruit-emu....html#post65845

England - Sweden score predictions anybody?

I am saying 2 -1 England.

Hurtand165

#36 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

I think England will start to click into gear now. I'm going for 2-0....Owen & Rooney to score the goals.

Australia were unlucky tonight against Brazil. Another big side struggling to get it together. Wasn't unhappy to see the Aussies lose though :)

#37 mangolio

mangolio

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

I think it may not be the win we want to see. There is rumours that England could play depending on who they would rather see in the last 16. Also I think Sven will defo rest the 3 players on yellow cards so as not to risk them missing the first knockout stage match.
I used to be schitzophenic but were ok now.
http://www.myspace.com/andysquire

#38 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:06 PM

he's playing rooney and owen up front.

As for resting players on yellow cards its believed that he will drop gerrard and put hargreaves in his place :|

#39 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

Oh please not Hargreaves.

I'm going to cry :(

No game is an easy game in the World Cup anymore. Had to laugh when the arrogant French let in that late goal.

Was I the only person who saw that coming? The commentators and the panel said that France were in "total control". Is it just me or were they watching a different match?

#40 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:42 PM

OK the humour may be going off here............

To bring the laugh back it has to go to Budweiser, before each ITV game are Two Americans talking 'soccer'.......not seen the Ad's I suggest you look...and you'll see the jokes.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users