Thunderstorms

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:27 AM

I was working in the yard and loading bays at my work last night, watched the whole amazing performance from a very angry mother nature, errie at first, lightning but no thunder, but my god the lightning was something very special as far as storms go- constant flashes of bright blue that lit up the whole yard again and again- hitting trees and hillsides everywhere, and then, the roof of my factory!!! dropped the power in it twice- And those clouds turned day to night way early- dark by 8pm, until it arrived!
one minute it was ptich black, then the whole sky was lit up by strobe effects.....

hope my fruitys are ok after all that static though...

#22 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:01 AM

A bit off topic but if you had some exams today, fingers crossed for you :)

Never make the same mistake as me - exams in the afternoon, so decided to play some Party Times e.t.c. in the morning - not the best mental preparation, and probably explains why I work at Currys at the minute ;D

Heh thanks mate.:)
The night was clear as a bell like ady said........Disappointing but still I'm mentally ready. One eam today but then it's the end! Nice day here in the Surrey area...I hope for a big storm tonight cos it's gonna be crap all weekrnd.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#23 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:32 AM

Well...what an evening that was..counted at least 5 seperate storms..constant lightning and the thunder was unreal..Me being the weather freak that i am was loving it..although felt sorry for the kids cos they were bricking it.

The first warm day of the year and it produces that kinda stuff,,i say bring it on :D...I took this screenshot of the Live lightning detector just about an hour before it kicked off big time.

Whats the web address for this site please, lookes very intresting.

#24 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:47 AM

Whats the web address for this site please, lookes very intresting.

Here ya go mate http://www.netweather.tv/ click top link..Data Centre..Right hand side UK/euro lightning..then UK Detectors..Meteorologica..Gives you the Live UK Lightning Detector...but theres loads of other interesting stuff on there as well.:D

Enjoy ;)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#25 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

Check out this BBC newslink covering last night's storms. The video footage and pics are spectacular to say the least.

http://news.bbc.co.u...est/4975686.stm
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#26 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:38 PM

Well almost a year ago to the day we had that spectacular lightning show in Glasgow and the west...and as the week progresses we have a similar set up to the weather..That is a "Spanish Plume" over much of the UK with the Warm Humid air covering most of the country.

By Thursday much of the south will have temps up to 21..22 and by Saturday could go as high as 28..29..Sadly I think we will miss out this time with most of the thunderstorms being set off from say..Carlisle southwards..but we may just catch one..Things can change over the course of a day or 2.

If anyone is interested in how things are going to pan out in regards to it..I will post more updates later in the week :)

Regards...Micheal Fish OBE no less :)

#27 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Okey cokey...It's been raining here after about 16 days... How about some screenshots from Nowcast Cloud? I would appreciate:)
Cheers,
CB

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
visit Jackpottyforums

#28 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

OK CB if its the rainfall radar your after the try this..

Met Office: British Isles: Rainfall radar

Or Live lightning try this..none at the moment though...(

UK Lightning and Thunderstorm Report

Regards..Suzanne Charlton daughter of that dude that played football or summat no less :)

#29 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Ahhh the memories. Weather is certainly looking interesting for later in the week. Will have to keep a close eye on this as, like you say Cloud, we could have another Spanish Plume scenario. Now all we need are the temperatures and a nice cold front :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#30 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:47 PM

ALso as said before on this thread and it's the same time, ;ve got more exams soon!!!:(
I hope to catch some good storms, though we never get the god stuff, just the driving rain...

visit Jackpottyforums

#31 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

Storms kicking off all over northern France ATM and moving across the channel towards Dover..Kent and London area..You lucky doggers :(

UK Lightning and Thunderstorm Report
Blitzortung.org - Density
http://www.meteorolo...g/lightning.jpg

Enjoy:)

#32 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

looks like some are heading my way (Sussex/Brighton) has turned very overcast ;)

#33 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

They're starting in Isle of Wight now...We're surrounded here! :D
Go us.

If you look at where the Thames joins the Channel, follow west, and there's an old lightning bolt symbol between 2 storm symbols...I'm just about there now.
It's hot, and bright but it's clouded over now...Just white clouds so the Sun does get through.

visit Jackpottyforums

#34 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

Don't think we'll get to see anything this time around Cloud :( BAH!!!

#35 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

They're all bunched up in the channel and coming towards us!
And I would say Meteorologica is a lot moer reliable than NowCast.

visit Jackpottyforums

#36 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

The cells over France today have certainly been mighty impressive :)

http://www.netweathe...hvct-precip.jpg

#37 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

Sorry to keep bringing this topic back guys but i seen this on my travels and thought you may be interested..

NWS Pueblo, CO

I apologise to anyone flying sometime soon but as you see the plane was totally unaffected by it..and pilots always ALWAYS avoid flying into thunderstorms..Think if i was on that plane i may have passed some fecal matter :)

#38 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

That is so cool, glad I was'nt on it though.lol

Posted Image

#39 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:06 AM

No storms at all! :(
It's clouding today but nothing to report.

visit Jackpottyforums

#40 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

If this heat keeps building in the West Cloud...I quite fancy something to kick off over the weekend...even if it's home grown. What do you reckon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users