166 replies to this topic

#161 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

Anyone have a better idea of nowcast than me?

Seeing as Summers nearly here (or was it that week we had in May lol), be good to understand it better.

I just have a couple of questions (in the image attached)

Ta.

I should be working but hey!!! :)

I couldn't see any strikes either. Normally fresh strikes appear in blue. As Todd says, the different shaped triangles represent cloud to ground and intra cloud strikes and the different colours signify how old the strikes are. Funny that, on my Nowcast map the colour codes are all there on the screen. (see pic attached)

I think the noises represent what the Boltek detector has picked up.

In other words, I don't have a clue Ady :bigeyes14:

Attached Files

Edited by Gazeyre1966, 30 May 2008 - 08:01 AM.

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#162 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

UK Lightning and Thunderstorm Report

some nice storms approaching....

Yes I know its night time but as dark as fook atm here :)

#163 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

Aye Ady..can see them nicely on the radar pic Met Office: British Isles: Rainfall radar

All the reds and whites in there lucky things :mad:

Hope it comes off for ya m8..trying to see the live cam from Brighton beach..the link that Lincs gave me a while ago..it was working earlier on..but for some reason it wont load up.

Yes thats how sad i am..if i dont get my own storm ill watch it live on webcam. :bigeyes16:

Edit: Got it working now :) Sit back and enjoy the show...ermm yes ive already stated that im sad havent i ?

Edited by todd1970, 01 July 2008 - 08:55 PM.

Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#164 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

Aye, some good ones forecast for the south tonight. Not sure if they'll pay off though. Hit and miss. Not all is lost for us Todd with these southerlies (hopefully by Thursday) we might see some action.

P.S: Did ye see the football in the semis? Class lightning strikes and Gary Lineker was shitting bricks in the studio.....lol
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#165 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Aye, some good ones forecast for the south tonight. Not sure if they'll pay off though. Hit and miss. Not all is lost for us Todd with these southerlies (hopefully by Thursday) we might see some action.

P.S: Did ye see the football in the semis? Class lightning strikes and Gary Lineker was shitting bricks in the studio.....lol

Yeah m8..that was funny :)

Think all hope is lost for us tonight..although it may just throw up a surprise.

As ye say Thursday looks a better day for us hopefully. :D

#166 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

I hope there's a storm quick , in this humid weather i get nasty headaches, not nice at all.

#167 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Science: Slow Motion Lightning Video is Mindblowing, Will Sell a Thousand Slo-Mo Cameras

Nicked from another forum..i want one of them cameras. :bigeyes21:

Which prompted me to go onto youtube and see if i can find any more of them cool slo-mo vids.

Watch this one...apparently there is bubblegum or summat in the vid...anyone else notice it ?

Edited by todd1970, 08 August 2008 - 11:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users