Layout DIY fixes

• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#481 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

Did I actually do that?  Funny if I did.  

Thanks for the  updates!!!

Yes indeed. Cannot find the bloody thing now, otherwise I'd upload again.

http://www.fruit-emu...ies/?hl=cracker

#482 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

Scorpion 4 - Club Who Wants to be a Legionnaire? by Ploggy

Uncheck hopper 2, leave hopper 1 checked, otherwise you get a pay unit err 17.

Not uploaded, as very easy fix, available here if you don't have it - http://www.fruit-emu...egionnaire-dxs/

#483 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

All my layouts will be updated when the next version of MFME gets released, chaps. :) 

Chris has said that all the techs will have extra sounds enabled in 5.2, like payout sounds, etc, so I need to wait a bit for that.  Plus there were a couple of other fixes that affects a few of my previous layouts which will only work correctly in 5.2, like token inputs on S1, and the token meter problem on System1.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#484 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

All my layouts will be updated when the next version of MFME gets released, chaps. :)

Chris has said that all the techs will have extra sounds enabled in 5.2, like payout sounds, etc, so I need to wait a bit for that.  Plus there were a couple of other fixes that affects a few of my previous layouts which will only work correctly in 5.2, like token inputs on S1, and the token meter problem on System1.

Great point, will the fixes need fixing ;)

#485 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

This might be considered a layout fix, depending on your point of view...

Attached File  Big Brother_4.jpg   250.29KB   0 downloads

http://www.desertisl...08-big-brother/

#486 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

that looks tasty reg, is it a new one from yourself as looks very real

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#487 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

No, it's a layout from about 10 years ago that I did some work on to make it a little more life-life for my cabinet.

#488 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

No, it's a layout from about 10 years ago that I did some work on to make it a little more life-life for my cabinet.

looks neat it was originally too big for my mini lappy thats why i never had it before,

thanks to yourself and the original creator of this

by the way you say you've added shortcuts to this but they're slightly out. i mean hold 1 is shortcut-2 hold 2 is key 3 and so on.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#489 Wizard

Wizard

MFME Creator

• Regulars
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

by the way you say you've added shortcuts to this but they're slightly out. i mean hold 1 is shortcut-2 hold 2 is key 3 and so on.

That is to match his cabinet key layout

Edited by Wizard, 19 November 2017 - 10:17 PM.

Warning: This post is mostly my own opinions and may contain irony, if you are obsessed with PAST history you may want to ignore it.

#490 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

They're not out for my cabinet - but it's clear by the release comments that shortcuts are going to need adjusting - esp for laptop users with number locks. 

This was released as I could and I was fixing it up for myself - just figured I'd share it.

For my cabinet, what I do is I use 2, 3 and 4 for the main holds as they're more centrally aligned.  Club machines use all four correctly and also some machines have two buttons to the left of the holds, so using 2, 3 and 4 also fixes that.

Below are my assignments.

Attached File  Buttons.png   1.08MB   0 downloads

NOTE: The left C should be a `.

Edited by Reg, 19 November 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#491 JohnRoss

JohnRoss

Gold Supporter

• Regulars
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Is there a list of standard service and cash switches as i couldn't get some to work and wondered if there was a standard with makers, manufactures or creators?

If so that would be great thanks!

JRSC01.png

#492 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

getting a alarm54  on  pooks happy streak both sized layouts how can we get rid of this??

Happy Streak by Pookhttp://www.dxcellent...ppystreakdx.htm

This wasn't working as said above by Vecs in 5.1, it is now in v6. Simply load the layout, go into edit mode, click on configuration and under character choose coinworld, then reset it using ctrl r. It will alarm 42 very briefly, but then runs and plays.

If you haven't already got it and/or opened it up to play since v5 came out, you'll need to first load it in v5.1 as .dat loading is no longer supported in v6 and then simply close it and save it on exit.

Once done, then, it will now load into v6.

As an aside, you will need to view the emulator about box for v5.1 again if you've already run v6 and then after running v5.1, you'll need to read it for v6 when you open it again. So if you've lots of .dat files to convert, you'll know it off by heart, unless you do them in batches lol.

Thanks again to Wizard for making this and other popular coinworld machines now playable in MFME.

Edited by wearecity, 24 December 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#493 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

The Golden Mile by AT.

Can't find this in the downloads here, so uploaded.

This wouldn't run in v5.1 and then once the 4400 error was gotten past, it had lamp issues, solved by v6.

If you happen to already have this, then you just need to set datapak to yes in configuration.

Attached Files

Edited by wearecity, 25 December 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#494 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

Hot Property by Pandy and Leeham.

Another one not available here, it would seem.

This is fixed in v6 as explained by "Fixed issue with Type 2 Hoppers in S4 ( Pacman Plus etc )" in the changes.txt file that came with the emulator.

If you've already got this, then hopper 2 needs checking, hopper 1 uncheck. I have the doors as 18 and 4 (no idea if correct but works). There is a checkbox where it says Hot on the artwork, this needs unchecking, otherwise for one thing, you can't turn the volume up. Machine was also giving a refill message, which seemed to go away with the checkbox unchecked.

Layout is 10p £5 and unfortunately the way it rounds 20p's upto £1, means it's not as good IMO as 10p £5 can be.

Attached Files

#495 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Monkey Business by RB 10p £10

http://www.fruit-emu...key1280rbdxzip/

An M1a machine.

This had an error low coins, call manager. The reels were also out.

I had mucked about with it before, with v5.1, but couldn't get it to play ball. Not sure if it required v6 or not.

Anyway it now accepts £1 coins, reels corrected and in and out meters working. It only pays out in 20ps though, spent far too much time on it, so perhaps someone could post up the solution for that (it's probably simple if you know what you're doing).

Attached Files

Edited by wearecity, 26 December 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#496 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Pac-Man Plus S4 by Yank Fruit  :cute: 

This isn't available for MFME, in the downloads here, unless I'm going mad.

Anyway it's another one fixed in v6 as explained by "Fixed issue with Type 2 Hoppers in S4 ( Pacman Plus etc )" in the changes.txt file that came with the emulator.

If you have already got it, hopper 1 unchecked, hopper 2 checked job done, I have doors again as 18 and 4 and it works, even if not correct.

Attached Files

#497 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

Monkey Business by RB 10p £10

http://www.fruit-emu...key1280rbdxzip/

An M1a machine.

This had an error low coins, call manager. The reels were also out.

I had mucked about with it before, with v5.1, but couldn't get it to play ball. Not sure if it required v6 or not.

Anyway it now accepts £1 coins, reels corrected and in and out meters working. It only pays out in 20ps though, spent far too much time on it, so perhaps someone could post up the solution for that (it's probably simple if you know what you're doing).

Here's the layout with it paying out £1's as well, mate.  Just needed to have the hoppers configured correctly with checkboxes.  You can find all the buttons you need for the hoppers/tubes in the test mode routines, mate.  The test modes on most techs will give you loads of help in this situation, if it's paying out in low coins only. :)

Attached Files

#498 wearecity

wearecity

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

Cheers Ploggy, good info for me.

Now we have a personal mission for me, to see this running in MFME and thanks to Wizzy and v6 we have it working."Fixed issue with Type 2 Hoppers in S4 ( Pacman Plus etc )" in the changes.txt file that came with the emulator.

Tetris S4 1600DX by (now let me see if I can get this right) Alexey Pazhitnov, who it seemed only produced one layout for MFME.

As a spokesman for Alexey said at the time of release, about it not working "Shame because it looks like a good machine"

Uploaded here by Mocochoco http://www.fruit-emu...tetris-1280wdx/

The version on here, may have other problems (such as incorrect meters/coin inputs etc), it been so long since it was released and the unofficial release versions were missing other things, than the hopper type, so you might be best to download the attachment, unless you know what you are doing.

Attached Files

#499 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

Let me have a butchers at it and give it the once over. :)

#500 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

Here's the Tetris layout with all the settings sorted.  Great samples on these early Mazooma machines with the stereo sounds kicking-in.  I would have added it to the post above, but the edit time is up already?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users