Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yorkshireste

yorkshireste

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Hello guys thanks for looking at this problem,I'm new to this site,I'm 42 from Huddersfield and disabled,I have looked at as many of your threads as possible to try self educate myself but now I'm stuck,my machine has an Epoch board which I see by other threads are not good,mt machine just buzzes when I plug it in,somebody had the same problem and was advised to check that little green battery for leakage,I did that and saw it was discoloured so I snipped it off,could you well educated folk help me get my baby flashing and moving again,I swear any help which gets this machine going again I will donate fifty pounds to the site,I also have a Simpsons machine which has the same problem!!could I hack that for bits and put them on my bank raid?it has also got an epoch board!!please note I'm not trying to sell my machines as they are in my sitting room and I love them,any help is for me to be able to play them and to not make money off your advice,thankyou ever so much for looking,all the best Steve.

Attached Files

#2 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hi there, you have done the right thing and snipped the battery off for sure! Now, if it has leaked, then the chances are that its leaked on to the board. Epochs are notorious for that and I've had plenty of experience in the past myself. If so, the main board will need a repair, but buying a new one may be a better option. The picture that you have posted does look like there could be damage, but I'm really unsure. A full picture of the main board would be better, so we can see better around the battery area. 

There are a few good people on here that will help you with the board, I really can't remember what the board fully looks like, and where the battery normally goes, as I don't deal with these any more.

If you know that the Simpsons is a fully known working, then you could swap the board, but if you're unsure how to do that, you're probably best not doing it. Make sure the machine is fully unplugged first though! If you do it, it will answer some questions for yourself

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

Battery damage on epoch boards is often really difficult to see.
Sometimes it shows on the reverse side of the board if it's leaked through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users