• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vasquez109

vasquez109

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I first signed up to this forum back in 2008. But due to personal circumstances, I had to put my love of fruit machines on the back burner for several years.

My partner bought a Raspberry Pi for me for Christmas so I could play my favorite arcade and ZX Spectrum games I used to play as a child. Whilst looking around online for more content and ROMS, I stumbled upon something which was based on MAME (my emulator for my games on the Pi) called AGEMAME which allowed the play of gambling machines.

As Im starting out, id just like some advice about which direction to go. Id love to be able to use my Pi for fruit machine gaming, but if I cant I will have to use my laptop which is 6 years old.

Any advice, as there are a myriad of programs. AGEMAME, MAGE, Project Amber, BFMulator, JPeMu.....dont know where I should start.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

David.

#2 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:22 PM

Hi David, 

as far as I know the newest emulator MFME 19.8 will only run on windows 10 so if your laptop doesn't run that you would have to upgrade. 

#3 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:06 AM

MFME only works on Windows and is the only emulator nowadays needed and still in production.

If you have Windows 10 then use V19 if you have Windows 7 or 8 then V6.1 is the last version.

You can get both over at www.desertislandfruits.com

#4 vasquez109

vasquez109

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:04 PM

Thanks both. Will have a go tomorrow when I have a bit of free time.

Really appreciate your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users