• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

Just had a look at the site :) A nice compilation of machines there, some titles I haven't heard of at all!
I'm pretty sure Happy Hour is a Global machine, a later clone of Beaver Las Vegas et al.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#22 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

It might be worth starting to add what artwork is needed next to each game. Maybe instead of artwork a flyer and photos column. Still a fair few old epoch machines in seaside arcades so now would be the time to grab whatever anyone can.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#23 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

That's a great idea Spa. Is it true you recorded a 32 minute long video on duff beer guide? Can't wait to hear it! I really think that the new tax thing with ticket redemption machines is pissing me off slightly. As I say, if anyone can get to Simmon's yat, that has no end of meltdowns, simpsons, wipeouts and other epochs. That'll be your best bet. Simmon's Yat is in the English/Welsh Border, you pass it if you are going to Barry from Hereford. I'm not sure where you live, so I can't really tell you where is the nearest seaside resort to go to. Also, try Weymouth. There's a couple of meltdown machines there, but mostly tatty ticket slots! yuk!

#24 AH765

AH765

• Regulars
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

This is all brilliant to here about the progress.. Thanks very much

#25 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WdrT8s9vLf4

also,

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VgKOU99LMaU

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#26 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

That's a great idea Spa. Is it true you recorded a 32 minute long video on duff beer guide? Can't wait to hear it! I really think that the new tax thing with ticket redemption machines is pissing me off slightly. As I say, if anyone can get to Simmon's yat, that has no end of meltdowns, simpsons, wipeouts and other epochs. That'll be your best bet. Simmon's Yat is in the English/Welsh Border, you pass it if you are going to Barry from Hereford. I'm not sure where you live, so I can't really tell you where is the nearest seaside resort to go to. Also, try Weymouth. There's a couple of meltdown machines there, but mostly tatty ticket slots! yuk!

If I was still gambling I'd be at Symonds sometime over the summer. Loved it down there, easy money and a nice choice of machines! Their Pinball Wizard never got switched from £15 Jackpot either...!
Top of my head last time I went, they had...

Funny Money
Reel Good Time

Italian Job Mk II
Homer's Meltdown
The SImpsons Mk II

Not as many Epochs as what they used to have, used to be a couple of Cash Slayers, a Twenty Five, I'm a Jackpot, Italian Job Mk. III, the list goes on. They might make a return for all I know as I sometimes feel when a machine is gone from there it does come back sometime.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#27 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hi spa and CrAzYbAr, just listened to the Homer's Jackpot Meltdown, that's the first time I've heard you use the cancel button when holding. I can't quite understand which Simpsons character is talking and what he's saying, but it sounds hilarious! that's the sound I have when emptying the recycle bin. Yes, most of the machines you listed at Simmons were correct. I think I got confused with wipeout and funny money as they sort of sound alike. I heard a bloke playing Funny Money and it said "Finito!" so thought it was Wipeout as that was nearer the time when I heard the video for that machine. Like you guys are saying, if it's time for artwork, try going to the places where they have more epochs. I don't think we're going away this summer, and also it would be quite difficult for me to upload or even take photos of the machines because of my sight loss. I have never had sight which annoys me as I could have helped out if I had partial vision, but there you go. I still can't believe that Barry Island had no epochs at all, or was I just not looking in the right places? Thing is, I've never played one, only Homer's Meltdown. To tell you the truth, that was just for the grose sound effects when I was that young. I did end up on the board and some kids had to help me but I got nowhere. What a ripoff!

#28 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hi spa and CrAzYbAr, just listened to the Homer's Jackpot Meltdown, that's the first time I've heard you use the cancel button when holding. I can't quite understand which Simpsons character is talking and what he's saying, but it sounds hilarious! that's the sound I have when emptying the recycle bin. Yes, most of the machines you listed at Simmons were correct. I think I got confused with wipeout and funny money as they sort of sound alike. I heard a bloke playing Funny Money and it said "Finito!" so thought it was Wipeout as that was nearer the time when I heard the video for that machine. Like you guys are saying, if it's time for artwork, try going to the places where they have more epochs. I don't think we're going away this summer, and also it would be quite difficult for me to upload or even take photos of the machines because of my sight loss. I have never had sight which annoys me as I could have helped out if I had partial vision, but there you go. I still can't believe that Barry Island had no epochs at all, or was I just not looking in the right places? Thing is, I've never played one, only Homer's Meltdown. To tell you the truth, that was just for the grose sound effects when I was that young. I did end up on the board and some kids had to help me but I got nowhere. What a ripoff!

Hey M8,

Jaws and yourself are doing just fine, Don't get annoyed with yourself mate. Do not worry. In fact I know you are doing bloody good M8.

Regards Ricardo.

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 23 June 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#29 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

I know that me and JAWS are doing fine, I meant that I was annoyed that I never had sight. I would be really desperate to know what it's like to see something, even if it was a spinning reel on a fruit machine. I don't know if it's just the blindness, but I have sometimes noticed that when my mother helps me round town or wherever, people jump over my cane. I never use it as a weapon, but it is quite tempting. No-one gives a toss around Banbury about blind people, and I'd like to see something being done about it. I think it's because there's not many blind people there, but people know about RNC so are more respective. Going back to RNC Radio, you will not find it on the web, as I quite clearly stated last time. The radio show can only be streamed using media player to people who are in the college grounds, sorry guys! We're trying our best just like Killcrazy and you guys are doing with this emu. Will let you know how we get on as I have another maybe 2 years of funding. I have a definite second year, but depending on progress, a third year too! Also, I'm getting my Pac Mate Braille display soon! yea! Regards, Thomas.

#30 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Good luck in all your endeavours 'I have finished'...

...you should be proud of any achievement you make, and this radio broadcasting idea seems just the thing that can make a difference, not only to your own life, but to those that will listen to it too.

I can tell you that throughout the 1980s and very early 1990s, radio was my only source of entertainment. The TV was never watched by myself, and because you are only listening to the radio, not viewing and listening at the sae time like you would do with TV, more of your mind can absorb the sounds, and therefore the music and detail that is coming from it.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in your position, and I won't even try too, but your mindset seems to be in a good place. I can understand how some people relate and react to you when you are in public... because of my conditions I get that reaction and on occasion, aggravation too.

Hold your head up high mate... you've a lot to be proud of!

Take care

Daryl x :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#31 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for your advice Daryl, that is very helpful. I will be thinking that when I go home over the summer. I will be spending 7 long weeks at home in a place full of sighted people. Trust me, I wasn't even allowed to play on the green with the local kids in case they called me nasty names. I was only allowed out with my school mates but we still had tons of fun. As you were saying about TV, we do have both a talking TV plus audio description (AD). This is useful when watching a sope like East Enders. and what's this got to do with epoch? haha! Maybe this could have gone in any topic chat on visual impairment or something. Maybe I'll start a thread on this some time in the future. All the best, Thomas.

#32 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

don't worry too much about it... there are many a crossed thread on these forums (usually caused by me in the first place - and I'm sure killcrazy wouldn't mind on such an important subject as health and disability ;))

I started my sticky thread "My Alzheimer's News" when I was first diagnosed with the condition, and then later, when I developed Parkinson's Disease, I included this into it too. It has had many responses and truly friendly and positive replies that have really helped me through a difficult place to be in at times, so if you want to create your own thread in the Any Other Topic section, I am sure it would raise a lot of interest and support from the members here - they showed it me.

Give it a go mate - you'll have my full support!

...now, back to the Epoch emulator - and our apologies killcrazy for slightly distracting your very important and welcome thread for the scene! :)

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#33 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hey Killcrazy. Just wondering how you are getting on with recording the videos? It's just that I have my teacher Tony tomorrow morning, and he'd like to see the emu ASAP before we break up on the 5th of July. There are no lessons at all next week, but it's still all go and full of activity. He'd request either Homer's meltdown or the simpsons. He'd like to see how the sound roms have been synchronised compared to the other vid which I showed him and even I'd be interested to hear the differences! Do you still get that horrible alarm sound? I can't help you on how to stop that, but that may be something I can do when testing starts.

#34 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 257 posts

Donator

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hi guys...  Just a quick update - sorry I'll answer all questions tomorrow, been a hectic few days :)

Testing has now officially started for willing volunteers (sorry to those who've volunteered but haven't been asked yet - I'm very grateful for the offers and I haven't forgotten you!!  -  I'll be asking more over the coming weeks and months).   For now early testing needs to be restricted to keep it manageable.  Thanks for understanding :)

Everyone is welcome to browse the development site and issue tracker which is now live.   There's not much there yet, and nothing visible on the forums for non-testers.  I'll be adding discussion forums and content over the coming weeks.

The current URL is:

http://www.epoch-emu.com

@testers

Version 0.21 Alpha is released.

Changelog:

http://www.epoch-emu...hp?version_id=2

#35 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

I love you.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#36 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

Good to see Extreme machines working 100% too now.

Has come a long way since the 1st version also since V0.2

#37 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Least I have a real Homers Meltdown machine to play while I wait
Posted Image

#38 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

This is great stuff :)

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#39 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi guys. Just in Tony's lesson. I will gladly volunteer for testing, will be on my home computer shortly so will be able to download it soon. Tony has started on a program called "Tosser", a heads or tales emulator. This is for another student, but he asked me to test it. I think it's amazing! it works for the visually impaired and Linnux. Speak soon.

#40 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hi. Back on my home lappy. Have no idea where to find 0.21 alpha and the website is not that good with JAWS. Please can you help me out anyone? Speaking of JAWS, the ex-student is coming today and we're going to buy the Braille display . All I need is a bit of Tony's lesson for testing, and voila!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users