• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

The trouble with this is the base artwork is terrible unfortunately.  It would be very difficult to polish this one up to a level that would be comparable to your Super2 DX, which was excellent.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#22 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I've got some better artwork for this, but won't be doing anything with it, if at all for the foreseeable future need to completely redo from scratch and find the side art off the net again as scrapped all work and images of this wip dohhhh lol
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#23 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

Over a year from the initial start of this forthcoming release, and I'm hoping to resurrect this release. Now got all bits required so I can start this from scratch again with better quality flyers this time thanks to Samson. Also found the window art of net apparently from an old computer game castlevania I think. Anyways I don't like starting a project and never completing it so when I start a new forthcoming topic will begin. If I can stay away from Amber online that is LOL.

Edited by vectra666, 26 April 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#24 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

can a member of admin please remove this topic as its not relevant anymore, due to new topic started today.

thanks vectra666

#25 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

My newer topic on this forthcoming release seams to have dissappeared into wips for Amber I think, can a Mod/admin either delete this or that one, or delete both topics and I'll start again thankyou.

#26 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

as my newer  topic of this has been moved to amber lol I,ll carry on, on here does anybody know what fonts are used for the red/blue text on the trails please

#27 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

finally started the lighting up stage still ain,t got a clue on the red/blue text fonts so decided to light it up first

Attached Files

#28 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

finally started the lighting up stage still ain,t got a clue on the red/blue text fonts so decided to light it up first

With a small layout like this, you may struggle to get perfectly legible text if you go for font 'accuracy', so don't be disheartened if you have to use any font which looks acceptable. Obviously it would be nice to have as close a match as possible though :)

Can't see the post now, but with the gargoyle at the top left (which I'm sure was mentioned before?), if you want to make it a closer match to the one on the top right, I honestly reckon you could get away with just lassoing the left gargoyle and lowering colour saturation. Not a proper issue, just a bit of 'tarting up' if you want it to look more natural.

Otherwise looking fine to my eyes on my crappy print-server laptop (1366x768 panel). Can't play it on this though as the GPU is borked (rare to see Intel graphics fail, but it's happened on this one!). Anything remotely graphically intensive and it throws a wobbly - fine for sat here doing bugger all though :D

Edited by Bencrest, 04 May 2014 - 10:58 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#29 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

Final lighting up image done next the fonts. Do the gargoyle's look ok both look the same?

Attached Files

#30 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

Final lighting up image done next the fonts. Do the gargoyle's look ok both look the same?

Looking fine here, I mean I'm pretty anal and can see a little difference but in all honestly it's close enough that any normal person couldn't tell :D

One of my favourite £25 MPU5 games this, along with other similar machines (Shark Raving Mad, Supernova, All Fired Up, Hot Stuff, Hellraiser) - all good for a nice easy jackpot punt, without a ridiculous streak. Compare these to modern machines, where you can shovel in hundreds for endless £2 blocks, and these were about the last 'fun' machines I remember, where you felt like real skill was involved (even if it wasn't) and a very short jackpot cycle.

Chances of big streaks / repeaters were rare, but the chance of a fair game and a fair shot of getting value for money in my opinion :)

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#31 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

blue text/fonts finally done, now onto the red font if anyone knows what it is

Attached Files

#32 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:36 PM

Now completed lighting up all images afaik they,re as near correct as possible. next up the reels hi-lo and reel symbols I will probably use some of mr C'S reels from supernova.

Attached Files

#33 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Wow that is class mate it really is I can see the hard work you have put into this :notworthy:

#34 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

Forgot the upgrade and repeat hearts still to do lol.

#35 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Must admit it does look absolutely stunning, especially the red / blue text. Now you know about the 'whatthefont' site too, that'll be handy for future layouts.

Assuming you did the text yourself, you should be really proud of what you are achieving these days. I'm not generally a fan of 1366x768 layouts but I'll be firing this up on my old 51" 720p plasma in the bedroom and playing the heck out of it. 

I suppose to be 100% it would be a case of sourcing the original reels and / or redrawing them, but I've nicked enough reels in my time, and as long as they are accurate that's fine.

Ben

#36 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Ty bencrest yes I did all the handwritten stuff lots of resizing text and different lighting, won't be doing anything with this for a week and a bit as on hols in an hour lol. As for the reels I'll prob use tommys but I'll have a go at the remaking part as they don't look to difficult might leave the original hi lo reel in though except the no1 as looks too wide. Anyways must dash real slots to play lol.

#37 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

now finally completed the yellow hearts and resized etc

Attached Files

#38 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Excellent Dx there Vecs, really stunning, can't wait for the release. Class there!!!!

#39 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

looks the mutts Vecs, if you need it testing.....  ;) :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#40 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

Almost Done the lamping side of things apart from loads of masking.
Got a small problem with the shortcuts/buttons.
They all work except the collect and take cash stack buttons I've put in C for collect and T for take cash, but when I press either one I'm getting invalid input error and the machine malfunctions so can't collect winnings. Any idea's?
Playing it in mfme9.4 due to no sound on 10.1. Can anybody tell me the shortcuts used in either the classic or the 1280dx of this as may help.

Edited by vectra666, 19 May 2014 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users