#1 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

made a start on this as people have requested 'shark ravin mad' but this one's just as good if not better. i've completed the red/blue trails and hidden lamping so far, loads of masking and working out how to do the blue/red lamps again but should get there in the end.

i,m using supernova,s reel bands as they're as near a match as possible at the moment unless anybody,s got the correct numbered symbols for this machine. here,s how it,s looking so far

Attached Files

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

Got to say that looks pretty stunning, nice work there vectra....looking forward to this one.

Why though is the cab wonky :(  20 seconds in PS fella.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bg1.jpg   388.86KB   44 downloads
  • Attached File  bg2.jpg   393.46KB   42 downloads

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

It looked straight enough from the picture used, only a smidge out lol still tryting to suss out that perspective thingy on ps

#4 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

You may find this useful (as in Pic), all I do is outline it at the point that looks as though it's furthest away.

I also attached a little vid to assist you with PS and perspective. Blue is a right-click Red is a left-click.

Attached Files

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

It's hard for me to tell for sure until it's released, but from the pictures so far it's looking rather good. Very good work on the red/blue text. Looking forward to this, I don't really play many layouts of this resolution always nice to have a new one for the collection :)

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#6 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeh must agree, The writing looks especially nice :) 

Looking forward to this :)

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

@ady i can't open that perspective file, but looking at your pictures thats what i do when putting flyer images to sideart. But it appears i didn't squish it in enough at the top, problem is if i do it now will the blue/red n off images all look the same or will they be odd as in lamps jumping about and won't the side art become stretched in certain places. I have taken your advice in, just unsure if it will cock' these bmp,s up if i alter it now, then i'd have to start from scratch again and i'll doubt if i'll remember what fonts i used for the text.

#8 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Looks great so far vecs,the text looks a1,as for the cab yes the perspective is out a bit if you alter it the lamps will jump unless you apply the exact same settings to both bases,if you look at the top left of the tools in photoshop when using the perspective you will see some boxes with numbers in what change,when you have got it how you want it make a note of them then do the same to the next base

#9 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

@ady i can't open that perspective file, but looking at your pictures thats what i do when putting flyer images to sideart. But it appears i didn't squish it in enough at the top, problem is if i do it now will the blue/red n off images all look the same or will they be odd as in lamps jumping about and won't the side art become stretched in certain places. I have taken your advice in, just unsure if it will cock' these bmp,s up if i alter it now, then i'd have to start from scratch again and i'll doubt if i'll remember what fonts i used for the text.

Vec's it's shockwave.......just open with internet explorer.

#10 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

half lit, do the trails and logo look ok???

off to relax for 30mins playing slots

Attached Files

#11 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Looks good to me Vecs.

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, looks OK here. Looking specifically at positions 3, 6 and 8 on the red trail, the centres of your 'lamps' (not sure which tool you use) - the most brightly lit parts are off centre. Having said that I don't have the actual machine to look at, and as long as there is good contrast between on and off I guess it's not an issue. It may not be accurate, but most layout designers try and keep the brightest parts of their lamps in a near perfect line, or curve, because it's more pleasing to the eye (and it is how you would expect the actual machine to be lamped, even if it's not the case).

The buttons are a bit hard to read (well, impossible to read) but that may be down to JPEG compression on your screenshot, or the quality of the flyer you had. Luckily the button position makes it obvious what they will do, so it's not a major issue. Does look like the source art is pretty blurry though. I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the eating? :)

Edited by Bencrest, 10 April 2013 - 06:39 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#13 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

i,ve re-edited the red trails they should look better now

#14 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Looks quite nice that does.

#15 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

YAY, Vectra you are putting fab effort into this, i love the Vamp it up clones :) thanks

Connor55 :D 

#16 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

all lit is there any bits i've missed or lit that shouldn't be lit, now for the fun parts lol

Attached Files

#17 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Did this get released?

Commercial Touch Screen Jukebox Software....
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com

#18 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

No it didn't as when I lamped it up the layout went loopy and the layout looked crap so scrapped it, Saying that if I get a better flyer which I think ive got then I could redo it again as i've learnt a bit more about dxing since then.

Edited by vectra666, 14 November 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#19 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Vec's there are times when it's not handed to you on a plate......

Mabey this is one where you can do some work and not just straight forward stuff?

#20 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Vec it looks grate mate. But not to sound thick here but where is the alpha or have i miss read a post

.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users