• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

Read reply #13 by Geddy, and we will see that nothing will ever change in FME land.

Here I was only the other day thinking FME was starting fresh and then you find out that Secret Threads at the Mecca and a form of 'inner circle' building around the new Amber emulator is starting just like we had all those years ago - all right for some, but not for the masses, as per norm.

Here's the thread: http://www.dadsfme.c...hp?topic=3005.0

Amber is apparently being released tonight, but only if you are part of a secret thread at the Mecca and are in the 'know' about it all.

So what about the openness and the new start eh? Still the same and it seems it always will be. :(
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#2 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

I can't for one minute belive its about inner circle, if anything it would be to do with testing.

#3 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

Well I look at it this way there as always been a inner circle but maybe this time its moved a little to the left and some have missed out if them members are just testing it for a few months untill it goes live on all sites then I cant see a problem with that but I guess we will all have to wait and see im sure this will not be the first time this happens or the last thats FME I guess lol

Edited by brucegeorge, 01 May 2011 - 07:12 PM.

#4 Mr House

Mr House

Sometimes Critical

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

The coder has enough work doing the actual coding. Surely if they can trust people that are close to them to make layouts and not leak the emulator, is that a bad thing?

Edited by Harvey, 01 May 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#5 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Read reply #13 by Geddy, and we will see that nothing will ever change in FME land.

Here I was only the other day thinking FME was starting fresh and then you find out that Secret Threads at the Mecca and a form of 'inner circle' building around the new Amber emulator is starting just like we had all those years ago - all right for some, but not for the masses, as per norm.

Amber is apparently being released tonight, but only if you are part of a secret thread at the Mecca and are in the 'know' about it all.

So what about the openness and the new start eh? Still the same and it seems it always will be. :(

Its not finished yet, and tonights build is no different, just a few more tools have been finished.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#6 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

I can't for one minute belive its about inner circle, if anything it would be to do with testing.

Fair enough I accept that... but why a secret thread? Why can't it be announced that the Amber emulator has been released to certain members for testing, instead of all the 'cloak and dagger' shenanigans that has to happen every time in FME? Why cannot it be discussed in the open, so all of us know what is happening with it? Why does there have to be a select few, who if the logs hadn't been 'leaked, we wouldn't have known about. Why couldn't an open thread have been made saying that 'such and such' members are testing the emulator ready for release? Why a secret thread? That's all I want to know, because it certainly seems that no lessons have been learnt from the past with the release of this new emulator, because secret threads to keep the rest of us from knowing about what is happening.

It just stinks of hypocrisy about calling Wizard with MFME when it appears the same seems to be happening with Amber.
All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#7 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

æ„›

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Maybe if Geddy didnt have a frigging flee up his Mackem arse things would move on quicker
Posted Image

#8 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

Having read the post and points made its v.easy to judge someone.Yet aint the proof in the pudding?
Im more than sure we will get a taste of the new emulator when it is released.
We have so much to enjoy and loads more releases to follow im sure.
I dont real get the petty arguments that appear across the sites,lifes too short to argue and debate.
Lets just see what happens wth the emu over the commin weeks.
Jay

#9 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

I CBA with all the politics - get enough of that at work. It probably is a genuine test - do we not do the same with a new layout before making it public? Never seen anyone call foul on that before.

I said this already - let's be patient and see what happens before throwing shit. Everyone making a massive fuss is "reinforcing the need" to have an inner circle.

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Fair enough I accept that... but why a secret thread? Why can't it be announced that the Amber emulator has been released to certain members for testing, instead of all the 'cloak and dagger' shenanigans that has to happen every time in FME? Why cannot it be discussed in the open, so all of us know what is happening with it? Why does there have to be a select few, who if the logs hadn't been 'leaked, we wouldn't have known about. Why couldn't an open thread have been made saying that 'such and such' members are testing the emulator ready for release? Why a secret thread? That's all I want to know, because it certainly seems that no lessons have been learnt from the past with the release of this new emulator, because secret threads to keep the rest of us from knowing about what is happening.

It just stinks of hypocrisy about calling Wizard with MFME when it appears the same seems to be happening with Amber.

Its no big secret, I just didn't feel a need to mention it. I announced a release date for the end of this month I thought it would be pretty obvious that a short while before release it will go out to testers. Its not a secret thread its a PM to a group of 6 people.

If you want me to post every little thing as it happens 2 things will happen 1) noone ever replies anyway after a couple of pages, and 2)it takes 10 times longer to get anything done because I'm writing updates about whats happening constantly.

A small group is better for testing, it means I'm not swamped with tech support as bits of it are pretty raw. Once its been finished and polished off, auto installs and compression will make things all work nice and happily, until then I cant be arsed to explain it more than 6 times when stuff needs explaining.

I'll give you a nice big word file full of documentation when its released so you can find out how it works (well the 6 of you that bother reading it anyway).

Until the final release stuff changes by the minute, I dont even update the PM group that often.

#11 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for the reply Guitar, it is good of you and I mean that - but just a bit of clarity is needed please.

Is the post on DAD's from Geddy, where the logs have been 'leaked' a lie about there being a secret thread? Is it a special thread set up, or as you say, just PMs being passed between you all.

The PM statement I will understand and accept, and will apologise if it seems I have 'gone off on one' because I understand that you need to communicate through PMs, but in all honesty, it appears that a secret thread has been set up, and that is totally different. PMs can help solve problems between you and the beta testers, but a secret thread makes it look elitist and that feels like members are being kept in the dark. I know you have given quite a few updates about your emulator I am not denying that, but please understand that through the years of FME you get weary when you read about IC, cliches, etc, and when I read that there was a secret thread for Amber too, then it looked like things just weren't going to change with the emulator.

I am passionate about FME and always have been and always will be and I just want the scene to benefit from all the effort that both Wizard and you have put in to your emulators, but my passion for FME does get raised when I see one thing, and read another. I hope you understand that Guitar, and don't feel that I am getting at you in any way - I am not - I just want the best for ALL the FME members we have who are as passionate as me. :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#12 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Its a group Private Message. I.e. a PM with 6 people CC'd in.

I just don't get where all this comes from sometimes. One of the things I have been striving for lately is speed from the emu so it'll work on slower PC's, one of the people with a slow PC having problems running it was Geddy himself. So I have spent a week or so tweaking everything to get the best out of it (and the next issue going out is 30-40% faster than the last one, thats a big increase!), so people like him can run it. But apparently even thats good enough despite the fact he's got a test copy anyway.

I don't even dislike Geddy totally, I have made numerous attempts to get along with him, just days ago I got a fairly apologetic email from him and had a chat with him in IRC on mecca chat and a few others. Then last night apparently there's some massive inner circle again. Every time I make some kind of reach out to him it gets thrown back in my face.

I'd love to give running updates on everything I just dont have the time.

#13 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

im no professional judge, but looks like the only person with their toys out the pram is Daryl??

Guitar - dont let things get to you, if you want to do a group email and have testers so its near on perfect then so be it. ive been a tester before and had a copy before anybody else, ive also been given layouts just for me and me only of S16 machines that will never see the light of day.

i dont give a flying whatever for the inner circle, if it exists then its for friends or testers before it gets made public. i`d rather guitars latest and proudest release actually work, then for him to be bombarded with threads and messages like `oh it dont work on vista` etc etc.

patients......

#14 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

f*** it, here's the link to my sky drive if its that big of a deal.

Feel free to download and look at whatever you want as stuff gets uploaded.

Anyone asking for tech support will be banned permanently (I have no power to do this, just dont ask for tech support ok)

Read the bloddy Read Me file.

http://cid-4f6b178f5...aspx/FMEForever

#15 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

What a total shame it always comes to this.

Been reading it all across the forums..and me...if it takes another year i'd be happy to wait.

I have kept quiet on this topic as (is now) the creator can get well pissed-off by it.

Anyone that clicks the link then shame on you!!!, me i'll gladly wait 'till all is ironed out.

31st of May...here we come :)

So theres Six people testing it(AND THEY WERE VIA PM!!!)........whats the deal, I don't care if its 600 and i'm not included.....I can wait....And yes I am eager too.

#16 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Anyone that clicks the link then shame on you!!!

I totally agree. But clicks aplenty it will get. What would be beautifully ironic is if some unknown bug, not ironed out because full testing is incomplete, caused a complete HD corruption or similar failure on some nosy bugger's computer. The nonsense over the past 24 hours has been disgraceful.

#17 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

Daryl,

I see you pointed to Geddys post in this thread, I think you'll find that he and Guitar are open and honest.

As I think it is there was no spite what-so-ever its just what we hope is an end to a long saga.

I think you'll find it was this thread that pissed Guitar off, mabey there should have been some private questions asked first?

#18 Steveir

Steveir

• Regulars
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

the same old wheel is trying to turn again by the same people....don't listen to it Guitar. I'm looking forward to seeing your work and I hope these people who can't let go of the past don't ruin what is shaping up to be a great year for FME in ages!

Bring it on!!

#19 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Let the link get clicks aplenty,no f***er will be'able to use it so theres no point em messing with it.Theres gonna be no interest in the emu wth the people that design with it,downloading it,as were all prepared to wait for it's release in it's completed form.

Edited by Tommy c, 02 May 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#20 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

You will see that I made a new thread here last night in this section...

http://www.fruit-emu...219-an-apology/

As I have said in that thread, I have apologised and explained why I acted, for what I thought at the time was for the good of FME, and will say no more on the subject.
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users