#62 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

someone said that about mpu5 cant be done etc etc :jimlad:

Well, never say never indeed, but if you want to guess at random numbers then feel free. *eventually* you will get the right numbers. It may take some time...

Thing is though, mainly, wait till its a dead tech and a few people will probably come forward with all the info we need, until then just sit it on the "to be done" pile and get castle working or something.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#63 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

it takes balls and skill to write an emulator,however long it takes it will be worth the wait im sure...it would be nice to be able to play some of the astras and electrocoins one day..good on you Guitar mate :)

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#64 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

Bit of an update. In the next few days (so a couple of weeks then) I hope to upload another build. Dimmed lamping is now working, it needs a little tweaking for evey layout but is just a case of sliding a slider till it looks right, not complicated.

Seperate from the emulator I have been working on a new graphical system. It uses directx8 still but the lamping now works on a new alpha blending method so the lamp style is defined by the layout maker like in mfme but the blending handles dimmed lamping via the alpha channel. It all sounds very clever but it works and requires little to no input from the layout maker. layouts can be made from an on and off background and you can edit the transparency from within the editor. Its all in testing at the moment and early stage.

But the main emulator is now pretty much ready, just a few tweaks to do in due course. The editor/graphical system needs to be laid over the top.

BWB games can be played and the CHR is now *fingers crossed* fixed.
Crystal Games will be making an appearence soon, but not in the very next build, I need to order some tools for £125 be able to do it. But it can be done just a matter of time.
Frank n Stein runs in it.

Its very much still in "in progress" mode so dont expect a user friendly emu, These builds are more for those wanting to see how its going, a 2+GHz PC is Minimum, A core2Duo or PhenomII processor is preferred.
Having said that if you want to know what the different bits are I will gladly walk people through it.

Its worth noting I am now developing the emu on Windows 7 so I wont be spending much time getting it running on XP if there are a lot of issues, but I will do my best if its a minor issue.

I dont have the free time I used to but slow steady progress is still being made.

#65 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

Cheers for the update guitar. Being able to play most of the BWB and, in future, the Crystal games is going to really put some buzz back around here. With the costs you are incurring, I think you should definitely give people a means to donate to the cause. I probably speak for many when I say I can't help you code it, but would like to contribute in some way.

#66 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:30 PM

Cheers for the update guitar. With the costs you are incurring, I think you should definitely give people a means to donate to the cause. I probably speak for many when I say I can't help you code it, but would like to contribute in some way.

Seconded.

#67 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

Well once a working version is out I will sort something out for donations.

I appreciate very much the sentiement but I would feel obligated to finish it if I were to accept donations at this point.
And I dont have the time to commit to it to guarantee it by a certain time.

Although if anyone can get 2 of the "Elexol I/O 24 R" boards for less than £125, I would be interested.

#68 RUKI2909

RUKI2909

• Regulars
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

Well once a working version is out I will sort something out for donations.

I appreciate very much the sentiement but I would feel obligated to finish it if I were to accept donations at this point.
And I dont have the time to commit to it to guarantee it by a certain time.

Although if anyone can get 2 of the "Elexol I/O 24 R" boards for less than £125, I would be interested.

ill see what i can do ;)
Posted Image

#69 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

does that mean abracadabra will work now ???

guitar must say your a legend mate, all the time and effort you have put in off your own back to bring this superb emulator.

#70 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Bit of an update. In the next few days (so a couple of weeks then) I hope to upload another build. Dimmed lamping is now working, it needs a little tweaking for evey layout but is just a case of sliding a slider till it looks right, not complicated.

Seperate from the emulator I have been working on a new graphical system. It uses directx8 still but the lamping now works on a new alpha blending method so the lamp style is defined by the layout maker like in mfme but the blending handles dimmed lamping via the alpha channel. It all sounds very clever but it works and requires little to no input from the layout maker. layouts can be made from an on and off background and you can edit the transparency from within the editor. Its all in testing at the moment and early stage.

But the main emulator is now pretty much ready, just a few tweaks to do in due course. The editor/graphical system needs to be laid over the top.

Crystal Games will be making an appearence soon, but not in the very next build, I need to order some tools for £125 be able to do it. But it can be done just a matter of time.
Frank n Stein runs in it.

Its very much still in "in progress" mode so dont expect a user friendly emu, These builds are more for those wanting to see how its going, a 2+GHz PC is Minimum, A core2Duo or PhenomII processor is preferred.
Having said that if you want to know what the different bits are I will gladly walk people through it.

Its worth noting I am now developing the emu on Windows 7 so I wont be spending much time getting it running on XP if there are a lot of issues, but I will do my best if its a minor issue.

I dont have the free time I used to but slow steady progress is still being made.

Huge thanks to you Mr for all your hard work-it dosnt go un-noticed-even if some of us thick people(me!!!)dont fully understand it :confused: -I do however get excited at some of the for mentioned slot names-how ever long it takes it will be well worth the wait.
I cant help technically but I can donate something.
Many thanks

Jay

#71 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

does that mean abracadabra will work now ???

Yes, and it can be made to work in mfme too probably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users