• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Sparkz

Sparkz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

Why does everyone on here have so many problems with DOND?

As with all my rants about these machines theres many reasons,

Firstly because theres about 100 clones of all kinds about, after youve played 30 or 40 the whole idea wears off and its boring.
Next they eat money and give very little back (how many of us can say we were stupid enough to lose £100+ in 1 session on 1 of them?)

If your a typical person who likes to have a bit of a gambling thrill with a odd few quid change after buying a pint then your in the shit basically, a few quid wouldnt give you 30 seconds of entertainment on 1 of them,

The people than tend to play these a lot are bigtime gamblers/addicts, but the thing is they will play it in an attempt to force the jackpot, they believe that the next few quid will pay it so put more and more in, then either they do get the jp and walk away at a loss (but leave the machine back in tight arsed mode because they would of leveled the payout %) which happens in most cases, or theres a very slim chance of them running out of cash before getting it, this is where a small amount of people have got lucky and won something big off a few quid.

The general thing with them is that if you want a gambling thrill you need more than a few quid, but the problem then is where it makes you think its bound to payout because of the amount you have put in so you may end up putting more in and still end up with nout which turns a "quick few spins on the gambler with a pint" into "oh shit iv emptied my wallet"

thats why people have problems with these crappy dond machines,

#42 keys

keys

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

As with all my rants about these machines theres many reasons,

Firstly because theres about 100 clones of all kinds about, after youve played 30 or 40 the whole idea wears off and its boring.
Next they eat money and give very little back (how many of us can say we were stupid enough to lose £100+ in 1 session on 1 of them?)

If your a typical person who likes to have a bit of a gambling thrill with a odd few quid change after buying a pint then your in the shit basically, a few quid wouldnt give you 30 seconds of entertainment on 1 of them,

The people than tend to play these a lot are bigtime gamblers/addicts, but the thing is they will play it in an attempt to force the jackpot, they believe that the next few quid will pay it so put more and more in, then either they do get the jp and walk away at a loss (but leave the machine back in tight arsed mode because they would of leveled the payout %) which happens in most cases, or theres a very slim chance of them running out of cash before getting it, this is where a small amount of people have got lucky and won something big off a few quid.

The general thing with them is that if you want a gambling thrill you need more than a few quid, but the problem then is where it makes you think its bound to payout because of the amount you have put in so you may end up putting more in and still end up with nout which turns a "quick few spins on the gambler with a pint" into "oh shit iv emptied my wallet"

thats why people have problems with these crappy dond machines,

well said!!

#43 Sparkz

Sparkz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

I had another mental day yesterday in regards to deal or no deal...

I was out in town and of course having pints, me and the gf sat next to this DOND machine (I think it was #@#@#@#...ermmm banker rings twice) Some bloke was on it and because we were close to it we could see what he was putting in and winning (losing)

He put about £80 in notes into it. Took £20, then whacked it all back in and another £60 or so... off he then went to the cashpoint. About 30 mins later he was back, nobody else had been on it since he had gone. In went about another £100 of his notes, after that was gone he was swearing like mad and kicked the machine before walking out of the pub. Poor sod but then again what an idiot because it was blatantly going to happen.

I was more than happy sticking to this £5 jp machine in this 1 pub. I cant remember what it was called but it was basically a ripoff of vivid layout (had it where if you get all symbols lit on spins you get the super start and cashpot rises with every spin round the board) but was a "bwb" machine, it was some vampire theme where you can only be killed by a question mark or if you hit the 1 stake.

Half of the lights were dead (any cash value from £1.20 to £4 bulbs were dead, as were most of the feature bulbs and bulbs on the board) but I had the most fun iv had on any fruit machine in years. More often than not "nearest win" was £4+, I got on the board every 10 or so spins and all in all I was on the machine for nearly 2 hours. Overall when I left I think I was £1 up or at worst 50p down....

The pub was happy because I was there longer than planned because of it and bought quite a few more pints than I would of otherwise and I was happy because I had 2 hours of entertainment for next to no cost...

Now if that was a deal or no deal machine or a similar clone how much would I of lost if I had played it for the same amount of time???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users