Union Jackpots Beta Now Live

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

The graphics are top notch however;

The three reels are the only thing I would say is traditional about the machine.

1. No let em spin/holds after nudges

2. Number counter held 4 times on an 8 without giving a number for a feature entry.

3. Literally impossible to get up to feature from bonus. All the bonuses that offer numbers generally add up to 8.

4. Straight to lose on first spin.

5. One board cost £27!

6. No free spin after hitting ?. Got extra life, 2 spins straight to ? (Game over), then spins straight to ? again for a lose.

7. ? gave higher or lower. The number I had was 6. Pressed lower, landed on 6 again said lose. Same thing happened with a 5.

I appreciate its new and am willing to wait. However there will not be much of a chance of me playing on this for real money.

Possibly design features based on new gaming laws and random machines? Only UJ can tell us this I expect.

ive had holds after nudges 4 times now span them the first time nothing came the other three times held the 2 same symbols and the win came every time might just be a fluke though dont know yet.

#22 mart1711

mart1711

• Regulars
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

As its in beta ill give my honest opinion and to be honest, not impressed really. Its as uninteractive as i imagined and speaking as someone who plays online slots a fair deal ill stick to the ones i play already. Maybe a different game / wins after holds etc may improve things, but for me its a tad on the drab side, perhaps all the hype and waiting put this project on a bit of a pedestal...

#23 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

One thing that springs to mind (at least on my setup), is that Taxi is too fast / too jumpy. When you have a skill element in a game like this, you've got to make it 'fair' for the player.

I could understand it being too fast, but sometimes it appears to skip several lamps, making it impossible to judge :)

#24 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

ive had holds after nudges 4 times now span them the first time nothing came the other three times held the 2 same symbols and the win came every time might just be a fluke though dont know yet.

I don't think there's ever been a written rule saying that you must get a win after nudges. It is just "expected" these days that is what the machine should do.....Who says so eh? :)

I think of Super Multinudge. Yes, sometimes it did give you wins after nudges but not always....There's loads more examples.

My point is....that is what you "expect" to happen isn't it?

Maybe this site is offering something a little different. Give it a chance.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#25 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

Having said all that. The installation programmme doesn't work on Windows '98 which is basically ruling out anyone with an older PC....i.e: Africa and probably half the world. Ah well!!! Guess I'll have to buy a new PC with Vista on it....Ummmm, no I won't. Think I'll wait for a better operating system.

I think a good idea would be to have a minimum requirements page BEFORE you try and sign up? :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#26 levartemit186

levartemit186

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

Some things i have noticed

1. Taxi does indeed jump about too much as Bencrest stated. No way you can stop it on what you want.

2. The words 'insert credit' sometimes persists even when there is credit in there! (Minor)

3. I honestly think that removing the 'cancel cheat' will put some off. Whilst I think I am good at skills, a lot of people always reach for the cancel button for skill stops, taxis etc. The loss of this 'cheat' wont go down well in some circles I think.

4. The 'superhold' emptier is completely obvious......lol that got ya looking didnt it!

Good luck with it mate!

Edited by levartemit186, 04 March 2009 - 12:54 AM.

#27 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

I don't think there's ever been a written rule saying that you must get a win after nudges. It is just "expected" these days that is what the machine should do.....Who says so eh? :)

I think of Super Multinudge. Yes, sometimes it did give you wins after nudges but not always....There's loads more examples.

My point is....that is what you "expect" to happen isn't it?

Maybe this site is offering something a little different. Give it a chance.

I know loads of club machines that dont give wins after nudges and the awp globles dont well most of them anyway:)

#28 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

I know loads of club machines that dont give wins after nudges and the awp globles dont well most of them anyway:)

Yup, found that out the hard way when I was younger, and the same with the 3rd hold not working either. Typical bloody Global thing of giving JACKPOT JACKPOT FRUIT JACKPOT, and held the jackpots 3 times. Swear I nearly had a heart attack (was about 16 at the time, not used to clubbers, £250 was a lot of money ;)), convinced it was going to roll in the other one for the jackpot.

Obviously didn't give it :)

#29 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

very impressed with the graphics, as to why the likes of barcrest did not do it with their own games is beyond me, instead barcrest use ininteresting games from other sites.

Very impessed for a beta. i experienced some flaws like extra life not given, 5 higher went to 5 (lose!) and a few more. but otherwise thumbs up.

#30 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:18 AM

very impressed with the graphics, as to why the likes of barcrest did not do it with their own games is beyond me, instead barcrest use ininteresting games from other sites.

Very impessed for a beta. i experienced some flaws like extra life not given, 5 higher went to 5 (lose!) and a few more. but otherwise thumbs up.

I nearly wet myself when I got a reply from Barcrest for a question I asked them.

Basically I said 'if you can put 5 B3s in one cabinet, with dual screens, then why can't you put some decent hi-tech Cat C AWPs in the same cabinet, pay only one license fee, and give players some choice'.

The answer I got back was essentially 'it's too difficult'.****

??

Surely it would be even easier?!

I see machines called 'The Player' are now doing this, with, for example, a Deal or No Deal fruit machine and some other odd AWPs.

**** I assume what they meant to say was 'are you bloody mental, we sell too few machines as it is, and this would be the final nail in the coffin'.

#31 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:11 AM

Yes i do not like the taxi as it jumps 2 to 3 laps, i hit it around 3 nudges and it jumped to game over 3 times!! The stop on an even number should also let u reach the top, at present it stopped on bonus and starts feature every time which means no extra life! also as i have just found out you are not always able to get a jackpot of £15 from the top feature (super series) which is shite too!! just had £12 from it. :(

Edited by robinhood75, 04 March 2009 - 02:20 AM.

#32 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:26 AM

Copy and paste from FF

Not sure If I want to even bother playing for real if that is how they play for free.

The keys need to be configurable, I am so used to MFME that I automatically tried the usual keys :rain: Why use 3 4 and 5 for 1 2 and 3 :confused:

There also needs to be a speed control, especially if it is going to play like shite so I can zip through the boring bits.

Otherwise not bad, Its always welcome to have something new to play with.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#33 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:50 AM

Another bug

Collected superhold, reels stepped down and automatically collected the 3 £ symbols that were on the win line.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#34 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

It actually really reminds me of the psycho cash beast simulator which was out a while back - very good work for a first attempt though (and that's why it's beta after all).

Things I would say though is keys - 123 and space for start at the very least are a must for people used to the emulation scene..

I never had an issue with the taxi - not sure if it's to do with your connection or something as mine has been smooth and stopped it on what I have tried to everytime.

The extra life doesn't come on though for me - also would be nice to have hidden features after spin etc.. like psycho cash beast - however I am wondering if you have not made a few subtle changes deliberately to avoid copyright infringement ;-)
I'll be interested to see the other machines though (the indiana jones one is probably the one I'm looking forward to most) - there is no mention of the percentages etc. though - will they be playing to a percentage - if so what will it be??
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#35 joebee1966

joebee1966

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

just played £50 on this machine,lost £12 but had a good play,car'nt wait to see wot the other machine's are going to be like.

#36 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

I nearly wet myself when I got a reply from Barcrest for a question I asked them.

Basically I said 'if you can put 5 B3s in one cabinet, with dual screens, then why can't you put some decent hi-tech Cat C AWPs in the same cabinet, pay only one license fee, and give players some choice'.

The answer I got back was essentially 'it's too difficult'.****

That's a pitiful answer from one of the biggest AWP manufacturers in the world. We can get sattelites into geostationary orbit, we built concorde (much harder than you might think. If you dont know, look it up, its fascinating), and we have some of the most advanced scientific facilities in the world. And Barcrest can't work out how to get 5 AWP's running in one cab. BFM here's your chance.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#37 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:49 AM

I saw a DOND machine awp (oh surprise) on a touch screen , pretty funky :D like MFME just more lost money
Posted Image

#38 matrix2021

matrix2021

• New Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Just had a go of the beta, and overall it's not bad, and a 100 times more realistic than the tripe on exisiting sites claiming they are UK Pub Fruit Machines. Have encountered a few problems, but of course these are to be expected:

Doesn’t give feature entry when held on position 8 twice (obviously a Barcrest trait, so maybe not included on purpose)

‘Added Extra’ on the bonus has never given feature entry (£100+), when it is the quintessential bonus option for gaining feature entry on any machine.

‘Even Winner’ should give the player the potential to achieve ‘Light Level’ and ‘Extra Life’ on the last go, and not stop at the Bonus level

'Reel Magic' feature on Level 4 acts as one reel blast. For such a high feature you would expect the slowdown button, but instead it seems a random reel blast.

The top level of the feature doesn’t allow you to land on the Jackpot Prize.

Throughout £100+ through the machine, not once was I given 3 Holds for a win, nor a Let Em Spin – pretty much a fundamental part of gameplay in past and current UK machines.

Apart from the aforementioned minor issues, my main problem was playing through £60 without getting past Level 3. Not sure if this was just bad luck and catching it at the wrong time - but it just seemed a bit harsh for £15jp.

#39 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

OK, one more thing :

The £15 Jackpot (3x Monster symbols) is advertised with a 'Repeat Chance', but it only seems to offer a repeat if brought in manually by nudges. I've had it from Super Hold, Nearest Win, Reel Magic, and I'm sure some other ways, and it's not offered a repeat chance.

Again, it's presumably allowable to do this - I've had it on UK AWPs before - it's just more likely to leave players feeling cheated.

#40 hexdude

hexdude

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:27 PM

Program does not load.

I am running Windows Vista 32bit HP

Load and gets to Module 2 (100%) and does no more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users