- - - - -

Clarification of the rules

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:16 PM

Now it seems around here there is a little confusion as to how the rules here read and there is a hell of a lot of ambiguity within the stated rules of the site and frankly its taking the piss.

A registered user MAY:

1. Use the signature facility in their profile to add funny sayings or facts automatically to the end of their posts.
2. Use the ICQ/WWW/AIM facilities to display their personal details automatically within their posts. If you display a URL, you should own the domain.
3. Place links to other sites within their posts. These sites must be relevant to the conversation.

A registered user MAY NOT:

1. Disregard or ignore instructions from forum moderators or admin. If you feel a moderator or admin is incorrect in the instructions they have given you, contact webmaster @ fruit-emu.com. He will then make the final decision.
2. Be abusive to others, or post any type of derogatory remarks.

Non-compliance of these rules will cause your post to be deleted. Repeated failure to comply with these rules will result in your membership being suspended or deleted.

This does not include the following that has recently been modded.

1) Swearing

2) Having views other than the admins

Now point one is frankly taking the piss we are all adults here (if we are not we would hear worse in any playground and more to the point if we are not adults here we should not be on this site gambling is hardly a kids habbit) sorry but I am not willing to be a member here being told off by another adult to stop swearing you are not my parent and frankly I do not need one I am my own man and I can choose my vocabulary on my own.

So there you have it I am not being modded when I have broken rules that are not clearly stated you could easily change that first phrase to ask me to stop breathing if a mod asks and is VERY open to interpritation.

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Time and time again Chris you post this......

Damn sure you are just out to cause trouble at times, thats just pathetic really as there is no need for it.

A request of a Mod, that answers you question as a whole....I have recieved numerious complaints about you (as have other Mods) in the past that lead onto the requests....requests you decide to know better.

Now I don't know what your gripe is or why, but yes there was threads split and/or abyssed....I informed you an hour ago that the people concerned would be told why.....it wasn't by me so I can't answer it.....and if it concerns you you will be advised.

For all things to be mentioned is a stupid play with words....the fact is you were asked to refrain from something....therefore I think you will find it was covered!

Now any chance we can get back to FME.....

#3 exibizarep

exibizarep

• Regulars
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

hmm seems someone is a bit pissed.

Cant say I have had an issue with anyone on here, then again I havent really ben on much lately, execept to download a few machines.

#4 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

Time and time again Chris you post this......

Damn sure you are just out to cause trouble at times, thats just pathetic really as there is no need for it.

A request of a Mod, that answers you question as a whole....I have recieved numerious complaints about you (as have other Mods) in the past that lead onto the requests....requests you decide to know better.

Now I don't know what your gripe is or why, but yes there was threads split and/or abyssed....I informed you an hour ago that the people concerned would be told why.....it wasn't by me so I can't answer it.....and if it concerns you you will be advised.

For all things to be mentioned is a stupid play with words....the fact is you were asked to refrain from something....therefore I think you will find it was covered!

Now any chance we can get back to FME.....

Was that the same mod that was removed due to the fact he went apeshit mental over folks swearing I think it was?

Again you are skirting over the issue of what the actual rules are could it be that you do not know yourself and are just tip toeing about it again because you are unable to answer?

Play with words no, showing you your own arse I think so.

#5 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

hmm seems someone is a bit pissed.

Cant say I have had an issue with anyone on here, then again I havent really ben on much lately, execept to download a few machines.

You would not have seen it discussion threads are removed without rhyme or reason.

#6 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

Was that the same mod that was removed due to the fact he went apeshit mental over folks swearing I think it was?

Again you are skirting over the issue of what the actual rules are could it be that you do not know yourself and are just tip toeing about it again because you are unable to answer?

hahaha Alth you are so wrong......I didn't touch them!

When you do realise I doubt you'll be polite enough to apoligise...

Now i'll leave you to post more dribble!

#7 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

You aint exactly clarifying the rules now are you ady kinda proving my previous post oh and btw the word you are looking for is 'drivel' but I aint posting drivel I am asking you to clarify rules read back your last post btw ady it really does not make sense.

#8 exibizarep

exibizarep

• Regulars
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

You would not have seen it discussion threads are
removed without rhyme or reason.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i admit i dont post much, most of my conversation is in the chat window.
However I empathise with someone who has a post removed for no reason.

I know you will probably tell me to mind my own, but if you have a dispute then surely the best way to resolve it would be through PM.

Publicly showing your anger will not resolve anything, all it will do will lead to is a slanging match, where everyone will take sides. Thus causing a bigger divide. When this happens everyone then tends to stray from the original subject.

Anyway hope you sort it out, everyone I have come accross has been pretty decent, and the admins have always explained things to me when requested.

#9 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

I don't normally agree with alth but I for one don't know why that thread was put in the abyss.

Today's big question. Who done it?

#10 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

The Tranny or F*nny thread was split simply because it had gone off topic - partly my fault I think, and the only post that was deleted/edited Alth was yours and that was done by me. If you read the 'edit' I said I'd put it back if you had a problem with me removing it.

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

hahaha Alth you are so wrong......I didn't touch them!

When you do realise I doubt you'll be polite enough to apoligise...

Now i'll leave you to post more dribble!

The Tranny or F*nny thread was split simply because it had gone off topic - partly my fault I think, and the only post that was deleted/edited Alth was yours and that was done by me. If you read the 'edit' I said I'd put it back if you had a problem with me removing it.

Thanks for clearing that up DAD.........as I said though, I doubt i'll get that apology :)

#12 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Again..thanks for clearing that up DAD it may now stop certain people throwing accusations around.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#13 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

A few of the posts abyssed look ONtopic to me

#14 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

Ill admit that things have taken more of a PC view as of lately with users posts being modified, edited, or simply abyssed for no apparent reason. Any topic would seem to be just that, wether the thread goes off topic depends on the aspect of the diversion, and if that diversion is warranted.
If it clearly contravenes forum rules then edit it or delete the post,giving the reason and pm the postee stating the reason. If the postee then continues to break the rules a temp ban would possibily need to be enforced.
I remember once that i asked Fruitymad to delete a thread as a personal favour as the thread was in error , which he did as a favour, and he got a roasting from Alan for doing so. I agree that a clarification of the forum rules with regard to swearing, links etc should be forth coming. I dont think it should be a free for all with regard to postings, but if any topic chat starts to mean anything that is deemed Politically correct, then maybe that should be stated.
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

A few of the posts abyssed look ONtopic to me

I'm saying that it went off topic because of me, not that I split the thread - that was someone else.

#16 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

I split the thread.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#17 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

I'm saying that it went off topic because of me, not that I split the thread - that was someone else.

Na dad there were several different views in that thread, I cant see how you can be blamed for it going off topic....as for the abyssed on/off topic posts we are fast running out of people who could of split them....

I understand why union jackpots have an add on site but what i dont understand is why PC asks us for input then anything thats not liked is abyssed, ether take whats said (good or bad) on the chin or dont ask at all

#18 l3ullets

l3ullets

• New Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

Seem to remember P C saying often if not in all of his posts that negitive as well as positive posts/feedback was welcome ( or somewhere along those lines )

Somewhat confusing.

#19 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

This does not include the following that has recently been modded.

1) Swearing

2) Having views other than the admins

Now point one is frankly taking the piss we are all adults here (if we are not we would hear worse in any playground and more to the point if we are not adults here we should not be on this site gambling is hardly a kids habbit) sorry but I am not willing to be a member here being told off by another adult to stop swearing you are not my parent and frankly I do not need one I am my own man and I can choose my vocabulary on my own.

So there you have it I am not being modded when I have broken rules that are not clearly stated you could easily change that first phrase to ask me to stop breathing if a mod asks and is VERY open to interpritation.

I'm affraid I have to stand up and at least put my hand up for point No1. I'm presuming this is about moderation of the 'C' word yes? I was a little concerned about the 'gratuitous' usage of the said word. Some of the so called 'adults' here as you put it, were waving the word about as if it was some sort of red flag in the face of the bull. Like a new toy. As if they had just learnt the word and intended on using it at every opportunity as if trying to look big. Whilst I accept the word used in the correct context gives emotion and feeling to a contributed post, I felt that it had gone beyond this at the time just before the word was moderated, and to be honest, I thought it had become quite irratating.

I'd not have been so concerned about it if it wasn't for the fact that a joke was posted, and the word was not only used in a derogatory fashion towards women, the word itself was made 'bold', and 'resized' to draw maximum attention to the word itself. Although I instigated the discussion between the moderators about the excessive usage of this word, it was a majority opinion that also felt concerned about it. And the ultimate decision to moderate the word was made.

Like with anything of a sensitive nature, it was grabbed by some, and used wantonly just for the sakes of things. It's useage was mostly irrelevent, and used to cause nothing more than offence and attention, and I believe it was posted as such to invoke the reaction that it got from the moderators.

Yes, we may be all adults, and we must be if we are here as you say, but the excessive usage of the word was nothing more than childish behaviour. Admittedly, by just a few members, and I'm sorry the moderation of the word infringes on everyone. Even those who use the said word correctly, but it had got quite out of hand. And if not dealt with in the manner it was, and left alone, I believe it would have given a green light signal to others to push more and more with the tolerances of people like myself, who only decided to act as I felt it may offend others that may not be as openly minded in their conversations, as some of us here.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Nope nothing to do with the c word at all I am talking about general cock waving done by certain mods, rule number 1 is so open to interpritation its unreal.

In no part does that rule state no swearing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users