• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

Nope nothing to do with the c word at all I am talking about general cock waving done by certain mods, rule number 1 is so open to interpritation its unreal.

In no part does that rule state no swearing.

Wasnt this about you acusing me of deleting/abyssing/editing threads?

I stand my ground on your swearing still...it far exceeds whats needed and I have received complaints.

As a Mod I will act on it....on the subject that goes for your Sig too. Today I recieved another complaint about it.

Seeing as you ignore PM's when you feel fit but can't miss causing grief on the forums i'll ask you here to amend it before I do.

Thank-you

#22 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

Wasnt this about you acusing me of deleting/abyssing/editing threads?

I stand my ground on your swearing still...it far exceeds whats needed and I have received complaints.

As a Mod I will act on it....on the subject that goes for your Sig too. Today I recieved another complaint about it.

Seeing as you ignore PM's when you feel fit but can't miss causing grief on the forums i'll ask you here to amend it before I do.

Thank-you

So you admit the rules do not state no swearing and its YOUR rule not the sites................ok

My sig has been on here 18 months or more shortly after Maddy went missing and now you are asking me to change it me thinks someone has had a slow weekend and needs a hobby LOL.

#23 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

Had enough of this now.......

Alth this is a friendly site and you have been Banned Twice for swearing....you are using that as a lame excuse to stir trouble today.

Time and time you quote the rules....the rules state PM/Email the webmaster.

This originated that it was about split/abyssed threads wasn't it....the you was wrong and went down a different road.

#24 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

Alth this is a friendly site and you have been Banned Twice for swearing.....

And again by the looks of it :D From an outside POV I think if a ban is placed for swearing and is not consistently applied to all members then alth has cause for complaint. (Different rules for different members have caused no end of crap around FME land.) What he states is factually correct there is no rule stating you cannot swear. Also you state this is the reason for said banning. So to me looking in it appears he has been banned for NOT breaking the rules or breaking a rule that does NOT exist.

I think unless you ban everyone who swears on here then you cannot fairly ban alth for doing it.

Sorry my 2p worth.

#25 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

Don't want to poke my nose in too much...but what the hell does it matter really in life's great scheme??? It is an FME site. Why do people get so bloody het up over it? Download the emulations, have a bit of banter, end of......!!! There's far more important things to be worrying about isn't there peeps? :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#26 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

And again by the looks of it :D From an outside POV I think if a ban is placed for swearing and is not consistently applied to all members then alth has cause for complaint. (Different rules for different members have caused no end of crap around FME land.) What he states is factually correct there is no rule stating you cannot swear. Also you state this is the reason for said banning. So to me looking in it appears he has been banned for NOT breaking the rules or breaking a rule that does NOT exist.

I think unless you ban everyone who swears on here then you cannot fairly ban alth for doing it.

Sorry my 2p worth.

Was this thread not about censorship of threads....

Alth has been banned for the reasons sent to him.........he HAS NOT been banned for swearing.

Can we now get back to a friendly Fruit-Emu? :)

#27 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

Don't want to poke my nose in too much...but what the hell does it matter really in life's great scheme??? It is an FME site. Why do people get so bloody het up over it? Download the emulations, have a bit of banter, end of......!!! There's far more important things to be worrying about isn't there peeps? :)

STFU Gaz you utter pie :lol:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#28 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

Couldn't agree more.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#29 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

right then Duplu get the kettle on, the brew`s on you :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#30 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Was this thread not about censorship of threads....

Clarification of the rules I think :D

Alth has been banned for the reasons sent to him.........he HAS NOT been banned for swearing.

...this time maybe but you stated above he has on two previous occasions. You also stated

So I think we can fairly assume swearing has a large part in this unless he has done something else 'we' are not aware of.... what disregard or ignoring of instructions from forum moderators or admin has he actually done?

I'm just trying to be fair here.... :D

Can we now get back to a friendly Fruit-Emu? :)

No problem but initially I think alth made a good point which he wanted clarifying and then it descended quite fast into a ban...

#31 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Sorry Todd...but you know what I mean. Next thing you know there's power battles going on, the rules will be changed so you can't even utter the word "bloody" and before you know it we will be living in a totalitarian internet state....Ummm....is that right? :lol: May as well rename the site Fruit Forums where there are some proper knobs frequenting.

As far as this thing about Alth quoting the rules is concerned, I don't know why he's bothered tbh. Let's face it. To most of us it's a hobby....to the few it's life or death. Can't quite get my head around that but there you go!!! :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#32 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

Sorry Todd...but you know what I mean. Next thing you know there's power battles going on, the rules will be changed so you can't even utter the word "bloody" and before you know it we will be living in a totalitarian internet state....Ummm....is that right? :lol: May as well rename the site Fruit Forums where there are some proper knobs frequenting.

As far as this thing about Alth quoting the rules is concerned, I don't know why he's bothered tbh. Let's face it. To most of us it's a hobby....to the few it's life or death. Can't quite get my head around that but there you go!!! :)

Yeah Gaz..i know exactly what ya mean..and i wasnt being serious in my comment (you should ken me by now)..just trying to lighten the mood a little. :)

Anyway..im away to sulk cos my crap team got beat the day. :bigeyes07:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#33 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

Couldn't agree more.

See Todd? Even the gaffer agrees with me ya big mutton pie that ye are!!! ;)

#34 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

As far as this thing about Alth quoting the rules is concerned, I don't know why he's bothered tbh.

Because he is a total twat.... he needs to know the rules so he can break them. No point wasting a post on something if it just 'might' break the rules.... hehe.

#35 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Lol missed this all :(

So what was it all over? one edited post? sheesh :bigeyes18:
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#36 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

Lol missed this all :(

So what was it all over? one edited post? sheesh :bigeyes18:

didnt miss much....starting to get a bit tedious.
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#37 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

didnt miss much....starting to get a bit tedious.

Yes, so I see. I got filled in with the details.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#38 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

It's not really that bad is it?
Posted Image

#39 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

1. Use the signature facility in their profile to add funny sayings or facts automatically to the end of their posts.

this is rule number 1

i dont find anything funny about alths signature ..

#40 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

time for me to put my 2p`s worth in...

Duplu owns the site, and he has moderators to which he trusts to comb the forums and see that some sort of law and order takes place.

If Ady for example (a good friend of mine) happens to find fault in any of my posts, i can expaect him to PM me and or edit the post in question. its as plain as that. My options here would be to either thank Ady for correcting me or question his judgement and ask for it to be ammended, failing that i would approach Duplu for clarification.

Whilst most if not all have been drunk at the keyboard one time or another, ive never forgotten that this is NOT my site, and that respect to other members - includng mods and the owner of the site, is always due.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users