Warped Fruit Machine

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 mb72

mb72

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

You really geting rid already? Not bored of it are you?

#82 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:25 AM

Not bored at all, just need some space in my cramped place! Been an excellent money box, would recommend it to anyone!

#83 SHLIMPOLE

SHLIMPOLE

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:59 AM

you can force this machine with 40 quid :)

#84 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

Not on 40 quid you cant! Well, if you can, I never found out how to do it, and I had one of these as well!

#85 SHLIMPOLE

SHLIMPOLE

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

we had one in our local, used to force it every single day until the landlady made them take it out!!!

#86 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

Not a chance.

Well ok maybe a 1 in 10

#87 SHLIMPOLE

SHLIMPOLE

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

well it was 1 in 10 everyday for about 6 weeks then !!!

#88 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

you can force this machine with 40 quid

Not a chance. Well ok maybe a 1 in 10

So was it every day or one day out of every ten?

I think someones fibbing ;-)

#89 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

So was it every day or one day out of every ten?

I think someones fibbing ;-)

they mean they got the 1 in 10 chance everyday

#90 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

Now I know your lying, once a pub gets a Games media machine in they stay there for several months because they take so much money. :biglaugh:

#91 GreatWonder

GreatWonder

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

I'm pretty sure the battery on the mainboard has gone in my Warped machine, which runs on the Eclipse One Stop technology, as every now and again (about once a week) it will give an ALRM ON/OFF error on turning the machine on, along with a loud alarm. Cycling the power will make the machine come on. Also, the note acceptor stops working (until I reset the BNV key - a prime symptom of a dead battery, I heard).

The time on the clock is always wrong, it doesn't seem to advance when the machine is off, hence it always says 24-11-08 11:30am, or thereabouts.

Anyone know where I can get a new battery please, and is it particularly difficult to change it, as I cant see where the battery goes.

Cheers!

Sorry to hijack your thread, but recently bought a £35 Monster Cash (not greatest machine but good price) which I believe (according to manual is Eclipse).

Every few switch ons the machine would alarm with MEMORY RESET on the alpha, it would then initialize as normal (though settings default (volume ramped right up) and assume % also reset).

More recently have got the error 'CRIT MEM ERR 0' on the alpha which would not then initialize machine, it would just hang. Just switched it on again tonight and after a MEMORY RESET alarm it's going OK.

I'm assuming it's another battery back-up problem. Any idea if a new battery would help this problem before it gets worse? Also what battery make as it doesn't state in the manual)? Seen a few on eBay but only mentions Barcrest / Maygay or 2.4v and 3.6v. I'm guessing the battery is accessible behind the panel on the MB cover which says 'TESTED & BATTERY REPLACED'??

Thanks to anyone that can offer any help however small, seems there's a lot of AWP battery questions on the internet, but very few answers!?

#92 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

yes battery will need replacing

& when you remove the old battery you will see what one you need

as there some with 1 leg either side & some with 2 legs on the bottom & 1 ontop

btw welcome to the forums

#93 Sparkz

Sparkz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

saw this post been bought back to life...

i have to say warped is 1 of the shittest machine i have ever played in my life...

in the arcade the £5jp version is there, with 10p (1 line), 20p (3 lines) or 30p for 5 lines...

firstly it doesnt matter what stake you play on because it doesnt increase your chance of wining, or increase the prize amout you can potentially get

next iv had it before where after putting a few £ into it the machine has given £20+ on "red warped" however, other times iv had as little as £4 from red warped, even though on both occasions i could tell the hopper was full because it took a few goes at putting my £1's in for it to register it then i would simply hear it drop into the bottom compartment,

a few times it has paid out wrong amounts (say theres £10 in the bank, iv collected and its paid me just £8)

and what has pissed me off is the golden thing with machine streaks tends to be if it takes more cash then you are basically guaranteed 1-2 more streak win spins, however on a number of occasions its emptied my play bank from the streak, so iv put another £1 in and the next spin is "thats your lot",

i wouldnt call it a fair machine, even though it used to be 1 of my favourites, because even at times when iv known the hopper is full and after putting £20 in £1's into it, its ended up giving me crap "mega streaks" of £3 and "warped" streaks of £4-£5

#94 Sparkz

Sparkz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

oh and "monster cash" surely is global? a direct clone, same as "money magic" "bucks bunny" and all that

#95 GreatWonder

GreatWonder

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

oh and "monster cash" surely is global? a direct clone, same as "money magic" "bucks bunny" and all that

Yep, Monster Cash is a Global machine, I had that or Bucks Bunny to choose from (which is obviously it's reglass).

#96 GreatWonder

GreatWonder

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

yes battery will need replacing

& when you remove the old battery you will see what one you need

as there some with 1 leg either side & some with 2 legs on the bottom & 1 ontop

btw welcome to the forums

Cheers!

I have been a long time 'lurker' on this forum. Will be a regular now I'm building my machine collection up again! I do have some knowledge from frequenting amusements since the early 90's and have in the past had to do some repairs (reel changing etc.). Also helped that a lot of my social circle worked in said places.

I assumed that the battery wasn't holding properly, the machine I got was obviously packed with dozens of others in some damp warehouse. It's working fine tonight apart from the top LED having some glitches. Will attempt to remove the cover plate from the MB and see what I need - though it's hexagonal screwed on so need to acquire the right screwdriver. Any more advice gratefully received in the interim!

#97 GreatWonder

GreatWonder

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

Meant to say, the battery cover has a Gemini 'tested and replaced' date of Jan '08. I thought 4 years was the average on a lithium. Must have been in storage a long time.

#98 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:05 AM

Meant to say, the battery cover has a Gemini 'tested and replaced' date of Jan '08. I thought 4 years was the average on a lithium. Must have been in storage a long time.

4 - 6 years i think, not to sure

& yeah it could have been 12months, my old mpu4 machine was standing for 12 - 15 months (this was before i didnt know about batteries on the manboard :$) & it had leaked all over the board,

such a shame =/

besides better to be safe than sorry given epoch & eclipses relablity record 8-)

#99 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:47 AM

Yep, Monster Cash is a Global machine, I had that or Bucks Bunny to choose from (which is obviously it's reglass).

Clone? don't think so. BB was far better game play and done by Cool games for Global.

I think there was a design flaw on the eclipse with the battery,
I know there was at least one batch of boards with a faulty zenner diode on the charging circuit, as the battery's 'should' last years, I mean it's the same value as the one in your pc (except the one in a pc is not rechargeable) and how long do they last?

The battery on eclipse is a rechargeable MAXELL ML2032 T25 (cpc dp them, T25 is the mounting pin layout),

#100 mb72

mb72

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

I have 2 Games Media machines - a Warped and a Bucks Bunny - both from 2006. Both of these have been known to do the 4.2 Mem reset alm error, as I don't play them that regularly.

For what its worth, I've found that connecting them to a timer so that they come on for around 2-3 hours a day does the trick, and stops the 4.2 error. I know there's been debate in the past around whether the batteries are rechargable or not... all i know is that before I put them on a timer they would 4.2 every other day. Now, I haven't had either of them do it for over 6 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users