99 replies to this topic

#41 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

Oh it definitely does the job, mine probably has an acceptance rate of about 99.8% I'm guessing.

However, the machine could never be sited, as the acceptor has a serious flaw and I'd end up losing a fortune!

Of course, the machine never will be sited, because its for home use anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

nudge nudge wink wink say no more:)

baz

#42 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:55 AM

nudge nudge wink wink say no more:)

baz

Yup, lol :-)

#43 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

Just wondering, does the Eclipse OneStop technology need any batteries replacing over time, as i've just opened the machine to have a look, and it doesn't appear to have any?

If there arent any, how does the machine remember its current percentage and other figures that it needs to remember in order to keep to percentage?

Cheers!

#44 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

Yes the battery does go eventually on these and causes ram clears and bnv code problems, you need to strip the board casing to get to it

#45 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:52 AM

Bugger, cos I dont really want to do it, I know i'll screw it up and make the machine not work. Whats a BNV problem?

I'm wondering if the battery has gone already... I put about £10 a night into it, turn it off and repeat the next night, yet it never ever seems ready to drop.

Any way I can tell if its remembering its percentage settings or do I just need to buy a battery and put it in?

Thanks!

#46 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:02 AM

Bugger, cos I dont really want to do it, I know i'll screw it up and make the machine not work. Whats a BNV problem?

I'm wondering if the battery has gone already... I put about £10 a night into it, turn it off and repeat the next night, yet it never ever seems ready to drop.

Any way I can tell if its remembering its percentage settings or do I just need to buy a battery and put it in?

Thanks!

You'll know when the battery goes flat because it will alarm when you 1st turn it on, giving a ream clear alarm (42),
but the thing with these is as the battery isn't that big it might just be 'naturally' flat i.e. you haven't used the machine for a while (giving it chance to charge the battery) but if it alarms at boot every day in regular use then it's defo f@@ked.

You can see the % payout of the machine in the extended test routines

#47 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

You'll know when the battery goes flat because it will alarm when you 1st turn it on, giving a ream clear alarm (42),
but the thing with these is as the battery isn't that big it might just be 'naturally' flat i.e. you haven't used the machine for a while (giving it chance to charge the battery) but if it alarms at boot every day in regular use then it's defo f@@ked.

You can see the % payout of the machine in the extended test routines

Cheers Roderz, loads of useful stuff there!!

When it was first delivered it alarmed (I dont remember what code) when first turned on, but hasn't done it again after that.

I've just had a massive streak after a £4 stake, so maybe the battery isn't flat after all!

Any idea how I get it to do the extended test routines mate?

Thanks a lot!

#48 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:27 PM

To get the extended tests, press and hold in the red test button on the hopper unit, now press the switch on the main board once (you will hear a beep) BUT keep the other red switch held down for a further 5 seconds, you should hear a second beep.

The extended test should now be available after the normal test routines 9.2+, i.e. Ram clear, set time/date, view % payout etc.

#49 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hi again!

Thanks for that, the only problem is, I cant see which switch on the mainboard I am supposed to press lol!

I have attached a picture of the mainboard onto here, would you be able to point it out for me please?

Thanks again!

Cheers

Attached Files

#50 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

underneath the % key on the main board.

baz

#51 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

Blimey... now you've pointed that out it is literally totally obvious... but i'd never have found that in a million years!!

Cheers Baz!

#52 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

Just put it into test mode and cleared the percentage, so am expecting it to go on a mad one when I put more cash into it... but it'll probably surprise me again but doing things im not expecting!

#53 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

Bugger!

Just realised that even when I float the hopper, the note acceptor is still flashing with the "Red Cross" on the right hand side (Its a lumina note acceptor).

Any ideas how to get that working again please?!

Cheers!

Chris.

p.s. I haven't removed the acceptor or changed the settings on it. I'm assuming its something to do with when the machine was booting before it would say "CC Talk N/A", and now it doesn't say that.

#54 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

Looks like I have to set the BNV key number, which I'm assuming is the note validator? I set the key, which is 6 numbers, and then press the button, it says "Key Set" and then "BNV No response".

Do I have to tell the machine that the BNV (note validator) is set on CCTalk (at least I think its CCTalk) before I tell the machine the note validators key? If so, how do I tell the machine that the note acceptor is CCTalk? There doesnt seem to be an option in the extended setup.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Edited by sharpy2005, 30 November 2008 - 05:32 PM.

#55 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

Looks like I have to set the BNV key number, which I'm assuming is the note validator? I set the key, which is 6 numbers, and then press the button, it says "Key Set" and then "BNV No response".

Do I have to tell the machine that the BNV (note validator) is set on CCTalk (at least I think its CCTalk) before I tell the machine the note validators key? If so, how do I tell the machine that the note acceptor is CCTalk? There doesnt seem to be an option in the extended setup.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Doh !!!
See other thread...

http://www.fruit-emu...html#post141669

#56 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

Just a quick message of thanks, the I followed the advice and the acceptor is now working A1. Appreciate that very much indeed, cheers!!

Very quick Q again (and this time its not particularly important!!), what does "CCTalk N/A" mean? Not Applicable? Not Available? Either of those possibilities seem strange, when "CCTalk N/A" actually makes the note acceptor work!

Edited by sharpy2005, 01 December 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#57 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

re: "CCTalk N/A"

Yeh it's a bit misleading that, it actually means CCTalk Note Acceptor found, if it doesn't see one at boot you would get "BNV ???"

You think they would have displayed "BNV-CCTalk" that would have made a bit more sense.
But then we are talking software engineers who have no concept of reality when it come to actually dealing with hardware in real life! (ducking for cover)
;-)

#58 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

re: "CCTalk N/A"

Yeh it's a bit misleading that, it actually means CCTalk Note Acceptor found, if it doesn't see one at boot you would get "BNV ???"

You think they would have displayed "BNV-CCTalk" that would have made a bit more sense.
But then we are talking software engineers who have no concept of reality when it come to actually dealing with hardware in real life! (ducking for cover)
;-)

Thats right, I've seen "BNV ?????" come up once or twice (once when the machine was just delivered and once after I cleared the ram the other day). Didn't know what it meant at the time though! I've set the date and time now, but i'm not really sure that it makes any difference having done so?!

At least that clears up the question of what protocol my note acceptor uses! Might be useful if I ever decide to get a different acceptor, NV type for example, i now know I'd need to get a CCTalk NV acceptor lol!

I'm constantly finding out new stuff about the machine, which keeps me interested!

As far as actual gameplay is concerned, still not had the £140 streak yet (£105 is highest), and I've only had "Super Skill Stop" once since I've had it, and thats through punting it and taking NOTHING!

Had a thought. Does anyone know what the ports are for, the ones that I've numbered 1 and 2 in my picture? I really must get a manual for the machine!

Cheers :-))

Attached Files

Edited by sharpy2005, 03 December 2008 - 04:10 AM.

#59 roderz

roderz

<--+-->

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:54 AM

No. to is rs232 connector for data pack units (not used on yours) and no.1 is just another auxiliary rs232 port

#60 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

Well I'm fairly confident i'll never need to use any form of auxilary port, as my machine is purely used as a savings bank! I'm tempted to count how much cash is in there, but I know if I do then i'll have less of an incentive to save, for some reason.

If I can keep the mystery going for as long as possible and just jam as much cash in as I can, I'll save the most cash that way, lol!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users