• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

Who did you hand it in to? Hope it wasn't some plooky moody 17 year old wearing trackies wi' a hood.

I can see it now...."Aye hen, someone handed yer purse in 5 minutes ago.......Naaaaaw love, there wisnae any money in it when it was handed in." :lol:

Was thinking that masel Gaz..whos to stop him pocketing the dosh..but he looked early 30's respectable kinda bloke..its on his concience not mine though. :bigeyes16:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#22 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

Who was to say the staff handed it back intact?..........this day 'n age take it home and tell the staff you have it and leave your name or phone No matie...that way you know they will recieve it!

Who did you hand it in to? Hope it wasn't some plooky moody 17 year old wearing trackies wi' a hood.

I can see it now...."Aye hen, someone handed yer purse in 5 minutes ago.......Naaaaaw love, there wisnae any money in it when it was handed in." :lol:

Was thinking that masel Gaz..whos to stop him pocketing the dosh..but he looked early 30's respectable kinda bloke..its on his concience not mine though. :bigeyes16:

Did mention that, but yup it is on their guilt fella

#23 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:11 AM

When i was 14 i found a handbag that had been stolen. Inside was a passport, glasses, address book and a ransacked purse. It had a letter with and address on it. So me and my dad got in his lorry and went to the address and gave the lady her bag back. She told us that as she was walking home some bloke had snatched her bag. As a thank you she gave me £10. Anyways todd you did the right thing as a note on the floor is impossible to prove it's owner but a purse/wallet is a item which can be identified. And as it's a kids you would have to be very low to not hand it in.

#24 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

Free fall cash (bare notes,coins on pavements etc) are fair game for the pocket.

Purses,wallets etc are considered theft by finding if not handed in to respective authorities for the mandatory waiting period after which, if they remain unclaimed, become property of the state.

Something a little stranger happened to me as i was waiting to use the Cash machine at my local CO-OP, the guy in front was withdrawing cash and getting a mini statement, he seemed a little engrossed in his mobile at the time, he gathered his statement and proceded into the co-op, as i placed my card into the machine i noticed a wad of notes sticking out of the dispensing slot....then up pops the preverbial good angel, devil scenario, taking it from the machine there was £140 in twentys... i looks around, no one about, sticks it in my pocket. Puts in my cash card, checks balance withdraws cash...then a feeling of guilt envelopes my whole being...is this food money for his kids? is it rent money? Is he going to spunk it over some fruity? etc etc... in the end i went into the co-op and found the guy at the the baby food and nappies aisle, wanders up and says, "scuse me mate i believe this is yours", and wonders off to me motor.

Guilt can do some funny things to people, must be old age coz if i was in my twentys that would have paid for a nice piss up and a chinese on the way home....and f*** the consequences....
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Had this situ some years back after visiting mum in hospital.

Got off the bus opersite the old Debehams store on Victoria St, Derby.

Sister found a wallet, with cards, about £15 in notes / change, and a Tourettes warning card with photo, and a young persons rail card.

Was going back on train, so handed the Railcard into the station at Derby, and took the remaining wallet and contents back to the local HSBC branch in Long Eaton. HSBC ended up giving me sister £5 for her efforts.

So lesson here, honesty does indeed pay :) That, and the guilt we would have felt taking cash from an obviously disabled person.

#26 tom69

tom69

TURKEY TWIZLERS

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

i think i wud of handed it in its onli 10.60 it cud of been some little girl or boys pocket money or summit so yh i wud of just handed it in i think :bigeyes10:

#27 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

i think i wud of handed it in its onli 10.60 it cud of been some little girl or boys pocket money or summit so yh i wud of just handed it in i think :bigeyes10:

bullshit u would of had it away on yer toes to olimpia lol

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#28 tom69

tom69

TURKEY TWIZLERS

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

bullshit u would of had it away on yer toes to olimpia lol

lol cardie no thats u

#29 RUFUSTFIREFLY

RUFUSTFIREFLY

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

To keep the money from a purse or wallet would be theft in my opinion. So you did the right thing mate by handing it in.

If you found a tenner in the street you don't know who it belonged to so you don't have a guilty conscience about keeping it. That's what makes the difference.

However.........if I found a wallet that just happened to belong to the arcade owner who robbed me over the years and.....just happened to have 500 notes in it I would defenitely hand the wallet back to him, minus the 500 notes of course. ;)

#30 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

Only W[IMG]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:6qTvSgZq0ajTLM:http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/images/symbols/thumbs/anchor-cross-50.gif[/IMG]'s keep lost purses ;)
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#31 stu55554

stu55554

Qualified IT Technition

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

a guy once left his wallet at the bar and rushed off on his phone, the barman had gone on his fag break this was last year n i picked it up looked in it there was 130 quid in it i pocketed it n on my way out put the wallet in the bin it had bank card and driving license in it but at the tim ei only had a tenner for the whole night out
toddy likes to change signatures as he has nothing better to do..

#32 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

a guy once left his wallet at the bar and rushed off on his phone, the barman had gone on his fag break this was last year n i picked it up looked in it there was 130 quid in it i pocketed it n on my way out put the wallet in the bin it had bank card and driving license in it but at the tim ei only had a tenner for the whole night out

RB picks his fags n beer up and checks his pockets....where's me f*****g wallet????
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#33 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Ooohhh how controversial..oh Stu you shouldn't have oh Stu you bad boy..what were you thinking stealing the guys money.

Let the hate posts begin..although thats just what you want innit..ooh ill be all controversial on the forums to get some attention.

No-one respond to this complete idiot please.

#34 stu55554

stu55554

Qualified IT Technition

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

i was just sharing my experiance no need to go all bitchy on me lol i felt really bad after n was tempted to go back in never stolen a thing since
toddy likes to change signatures as he has nothing better to do..

#35 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

i was just sharing my experiance

What...your experience of being a low life thieving git ?

Whos to say the guy didnt come back 2 mins later..oohh too late..you'd already done £100 in the nearest arcade by then.

never stolen a thing since

Oh really...what a good boy..wish there were more nice honest people like you in this world.

Prat.

#36 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

What...your experience of being a low life thieving git ?

Whos to say the guy didnt come back 2 mins later..oohh too late..you'd already done £100 in the nearest arcade by then.

Oh really...what a good boy..wish there were more nice honest people like you in this world.

Prat.

GOOO ON TODD MY SON

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#37 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

Todd is quite right Stu you twonk of the highest order. Not only did you take the money but threw the wallet in the bin too and you felt you needed to "share" that with the group. Attention seeker alert!!! Woooooooot Wooooooooooot!!!!

Next up...GaryChandler finds a disabled ladies bag whilst "perusing" the women's cludgie, finds her purse, nicks it and throws all her lady "things" in the bin. :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#38 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

I'm sure this is not true. Can someone be that low

#39 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

i was just sharing my experiance no need to go all bitchy on me lol i felt really bad after n was tempted to go back in never stolen a thing since

well u can expect to get some flack for what u did, that was bang out of order.

STOP THERE'S A THIEF ABOUT!!!

instead of stealing the money and dumping the remains why couldn't you have just had second thoughts and think what that man has lost and all the f*****g about he has to do to send of for new replacment bank cards and driving licence.

#40 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Could Stu Be Topgun as well?

:devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users