• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

So its the old question of moralities here..im an honest person..always have been.

Today i went to the swimming with the family..and found a purse in the changing room..opens it up theres £10.60 in it..looked like a wee lassies purse..no ID credit cards etc in it.

So do i keep it..or do i hand it in..decided to hand it in..although having a debate with my missus on..if ye found £10 lying in the street would ye stick it in yer pocket ?? (of course ye would) so just because its in a purse..what difference does it make.

Discuss...
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#2 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

A tenner just lying there yes, a purse no having lost my wallet in the past when I was about 15 I know how shit it makes you feel a bank note on its own is nondiscript a purse/wallet shows an identity even if there is no address contained in it.

Was it pink?

#3 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

In that specific circumstance I would hand it in.

I would have to be very desperate for that tenner to trouser it.

#4 thejackal1975

thejackal1975

• New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

Firstly, you ARE very honest......

Secondly, if it was just a tenner on its own without any cards etc, I would have had it and put it down to finders keepers etc. It happens all the time.... some you win, some you lose. THATS LIFE !!!!!

#5 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

its a bit of a awkward situation when it looks like a kids purse as that might by their pocket money or somthing and to be honest i would of handed it in to stop meself feeling guilty as it could of been a kids pocket money for buying cider from the spar

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#6 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

Todd, your judgement is correct, there is a difference between a money on the floor and a purse / wallet. You did the right thing there, exactley as I would have done.

:devil:

#7 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:03 PM

i would have done the same and handed it in, be it if it was a wallet or a purse.doesn't matter if it was a kids purse or not, it could easily have been a little old dear with hardly any money, or someone with loads of cash, but does it matter? honesty is the best policy.

#8 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

How would you feel if you lost your wallet with £10 in and how pleased would you be to get it back?

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#9 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

I do have to add though, if it was a grand or so it would get trousered so fast that friction burns would result! :rolleyes:

#10 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Was it pink?

No..it was black actually..if it was pink i woulda thrown away the money and kept the purse :tongue:

Aye..thanks for the back up guys..honesty is always the best policy IMO..but as i also said to the missus..if that was someone else that found that it would be well pocketed.

She said..so what ye worrying about ? your consience is clear..you done the good deed by handing it in. :)

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Likewise mate, on my postie round a few weeks ago (I mentioned this on the forums I think) I found a purse in the middle of a cul-de-sac.....

Like you, you think this or that.........as it was I knocked on a door and it was the womans purse who answered the door.

Next day I was doing my round and a hearse pulled up.............with the womans Mum in it.......

Not quite the same as your senario I know...........but then you never know what that means to, or can affect someone given their situation.

----------

Suppose that could have been a kids purse, who worked their nuts off for their 'paper-round' money or cleaning the house for a week to earn their pocket-money etc.........

Who was to say the staff handed it back intact?..........this day 'n age take it home and tell the staff you have it and leave your name or phone No matie...that way you know they will recieve it!

#12 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

as it was I knocked on a door and it was the womans purse who answered the door.

.!

and what did the purse say when it answered the door ? Posted Image

#13 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:23 PM

what would you do if you were at an atm and the person in front withdrew money,say 100 quid,and left without taking it?

baz

#14 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

and what did the purse say when it answered the door ? Posted Image

hahaha..........very good mate...............

We all know a purse can't talk think i'm silly, it used sign language of course ;)

#15 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

what would you do if you were at an atm and the person in front withdrew money,say 100 quid,and left without taking it?

baz

Well, IF you went into the bank they would know whose money it was from the time log in the machine.

#16 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

baz

Funny you should say that Baz...that has happened to me my missus went down to take out my wages..weeks money for bills..shopping etc..and left the ATM with the money sticking out.

Gawd knows why..heed musta been up her arse that day or summat..but as soon as she realised..she went into the bank and they said we would need to wait till the end of the day untill the had tallied up the balance etc.

Just as well cos someone had handed it in or we woulda been fooked that week as it was only me working at the time..spose it just goes to show there are some honest people left in this world. :)

#17 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

For the sake of a £10 is it worth taking it you would feel much better handing it in than £10 will ever make you feel.
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#18 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

For the sake of a £10 is it worth taking it you would feel much better handing it in than £10 will ever make you feel.

Agreed m8..not that i woulda took it anyway..but no guilt trip for me tonight. :)

#19 algypan

algypan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

I found a purse when I did a paper round back in the late eighties..
It had about £20 in it (which was a good amount then) and I rummaged through the purse and found the ladies address.

I knocked on the door and the woman was amazed I'd handed it in and thanked me profusely.

Next morning when I picked up me papers for the round the manager came out and thanked me as the woman had come into shop to thank me and left me some money as thanks (Can't remember how much tbh).

So yes, I would have handed it in.

#20 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Agreed m8..not that i woulda took it anyway..but no guilt trip for me tonight. :)

Who did you hand it in to? Hope it wasn't some plooky moody 17 year old wearing trackies wi' a hood.

I can see it now...."Aye hen, someone handed yer purse in 5 minutes ago.......Naaaaaw love, there wisnae any money in it when it was handed in." :lol:
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users