Epoch - What is known about it?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#21 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

Ahh the good old days of the CMA...and before that, the fruit machine mailing list run by Ash Searlea - jesus that's going back what...10 years? I was still at school when that was going on, so yeah, it must be over 10 years now.

I do what I can to help people, and try not to be a w*nker about things.

Now that I've left the major boys I'm a bit better placed to help. I love the emulation scene and it bought back a lot of memories. I used to own a What's On? Barcrest AWP which was great. I actually gave it to the guy who did the orignal artwork for it, who then worked at Mazooma with me.

I have about a billion flyers, many of machines that never got past primary test, which I will upload at some point (when I get this machine I'm working on out the way!).

Cheers

#22 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Ben and Ed -

Just strange you have both been members here for 3 years+ and have just over 10 posts each. Let's hope that this is the start of a more active interest in the forums!! :)
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#23 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

This is what FME should be about (and used to be about) - no arguing no c*** calling no 'I have this you cant' :D
Posted Image

#24 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

johnny your a c*** :D

#25 benflynn

benflynn

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

the glory days of fruities...
well anyway - lets leave this thread to get back on topic!
(and James - I have even created a dx or 2 that you might have played lol).

#26 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

the glory days of fruities...
well anyway - lets leave this thread to get back on topic!
(and James - I have even created a dx or 2 that you might have played lol).

Hi Benn,

which ones did you do then mate - I'll give them a go (sure I already have anyway ;) ) but always nice to be reminded of machines to give them an other go :)

#27 benflynn

benflynn

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

showtime spectacular is the best.

Around the town

pink panther

then had a little hand in the base art for Indy and ofah but lamping duties were passed to others for them!

#28 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

All good machines too!! :)

So why is your post count so low then mate??? It's weird as you are obviously an active contributor... And to be fair the more people who have the industry/technical knowledge we can involve in the scene the more rich and varied the scene will become..?? I mean you must have done 10 posts just on release threads ;)

Anyway - really nice to see you both getting involved in the forums!! :)

J

#29 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

showtime spectacular is the best.
!

Here it is http://www.fruit-emu...pectacular.html

Havnt had a chance to download it yet, but i have to say from the pic that looks like an awsome layout mate. And by the looks of it not even 1 reply saying thanks.... so thanks from me mate, looks great:)

Considering you've only done 3 dx's, i think that looks top. Shame you havnt kept it up, should think you'd be producing blinding layouts now!

Hope to see you a bit more active on the forums:)

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#30 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Essentially Edwardb we need you to tell us everything that isn't covered by an NDA.
I know thats hugely unspecific but its true.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#31 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

Ahh the good old days of the CMA...and before that, the fruit machine mailing list run by Ash Searlea - jesus that's going back what...10 years? I was still at school when that was going on, so yeah, it must be over 10 years now.

I do what I can to help people, and try not to be a w*nker about things.

Now that I've left the major boys I'm a bit better placed to help. I love the emulation scene and it bought back a lot of memories. I used to own a What's On? Barcrest AWP which was great. I actually gave it to the guy who did the orignal artwork for it, who then worked at Mazooma with me.

I have about a billion flyers, many of machines that never got past primary test, which I will upload at some point (when I get this machine I'm working on out the way!).

Cheers

Welcome Edward B! :)

Great to have another member who works in the industry.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#32 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

Welcome Edward B! :)

Great to have another member who works in the industry.

And the fact he has a shed load of flyers! Might bring some new DXes to our PCs :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#33 Toddyuk

Toddyuk

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1279 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

I think this is where FE supersedes FF , people are more willing to come forward and join in , Contribute , its all bitches and fags ower there lol , Still a good crack to read stuff like .. ;)
Posted Image

#34 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:04 PM

Cheers

Sounds very interesting. :)

Do you have any pictures/flyers for a JPM Impact machine called Stardust? Quite enjoyed playing this, back in the day, and it is sadly missing any pictures for DXing purposes.

How far back do the flyers go, mate? Are you we talking eighties machines as well? My fruit machine days go way back. :D

#35 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

Stardust, as in the JPM machine in the Electra cab? It was the first game released in the Electra cab if I recall correctly....

...and yes I am sure I have it somewhere. Let me rummage after I've eaten me indian takeaway.

#36 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Hmm can't find Stardust at the moment - but I am *sure* I have it.

My flyers go back to the mid 90s - kind of Top Tenner era, when I started getting into machines.

Shame there isn't an emu for the BGT games as I have a load of their flyers for machines which ALL failed test. Games such as Millenium Bug, Reel Appeal, Drop Zone (awesome game, actually), and some jewel-themed game which I forgot the name of.

Maybe if someone can make a list of games they'd like which haven't been emulated yet (for techs which have got emulators - so no Epoch games!) and post it somewhere I can see it, I can then find the flyers.

Some Scorp 4 games you'd probably never have seen... Street Fighter, Eruption, Money 2 Money, err, Three Lions, Chubby Does Vegas (Roy Chubby Brown game)...err *scans through flyers*, Criss Crosh Cash (SWP, noughts n crosses game), Up For Grabs, Jiggery Pokery (great game, had flipper-card mechs).

It might sound a bit big headed, but I'd really like to play some of my old games. I do take a lot of pride in my work, and due to the fact that many of them are overseas, they're very hard to find (though I did find one of my Dutch AWPs in a pub in Holland last year, lost 40€ on it, grr!). I've still got actual glass artwork and can probably dig out the roms, or just recompile them (JOKE!).

Since I do export I have a ton of foreign game flyers too. So if Ukrainian or Polish games are your cup of tea (mostly MPU4 or Impact) then let me know.

#37 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

ED

Any chance you got the flyer for Bullseye early 90's machine - £6 Jackpot, 10 to 100 to get a board (30 Skill shot) - 20 for bull, second chance etc...

Would like to see this emulated, even give it a go myself (with the help of 100 experts and testers) :) .

Any chance of a Hit The Six flyer ;) .

:devil:

#38 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

Sorry mate, only got flyers from mid 90s - and I know the machine you mean, it was by Project. I know the programmer!

#39 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

Since I do export I have a ton of foreign game flyers too. So if Ukrainian or Polish games are your cup of tea (mostly MPU4 or Impact) then let me know.

Theres a guy on here called gordon who I believe is Polish. He acts as kind of a go-between, between us and the german FME sites. I'm guessing they might snap your hands off for some flyers.

#40 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

Any chance the programmer might have a flyer(or know where ther is one)? Sorry got to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users