• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#141 ross

ross

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

off topic i know but guitar if you need epoch boards i might be able to help at the cost of p&p as my london underground has packed up so gonna tip it im goona try getting it working before i break it up but it i fail you can have what you need

#142 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

I would of thought that is blatantly obvious.

Tell you what I will go around hunting down loads of old car parts for a 'car rebuild project' that has been rumoured but when it is done I am not allowed to see it let alone drive it.

If you had the resources, you could always write your own emulator.

You cant be arsed to dump some roms and take some photo's, yet you expect someone who puts thousands of hours of work in, to give their stuff away for nothing, and when you say so.

If you cant see whats wrong with that attitude, there's no helping you.

So if someone comes along in 10 - 20 years time with a public epoch emulator, and there's no roms left, we know who's fault that is.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#143 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

off topic i know but guitar if you need epoch boards i might be able to help at the cost of p&p as my london underground has packed up so gonna tip it im goona try getting it working before i break it up but it i fail you can have what you need

Thanks for the offer but I wouldnt feel right taking any boards yet, its onl an idea atm. Plus its like number 7759859 on my "to do" list. By the time I get to it, your london underground will have gone through a fair few boards lol.

On a more serious note, London Underground is a good machine, try and keep her running :)

#144 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

If you had the resources, you could always write your own emulator.

I have all those car parts but I am not a mechanic so I'm stuck. Get my point?

You cant be arsed to dump some roms and take some photo's, yet you expect someone who puts thousands of hours of work in, to give their stuff away for nothing, and when you say so.

Give their stuff away for nothing when I say so? <<<--- can you point out when I have demanded that. However that is not exactly the case in point. Flip it around like I tried to do before, why should I dunno 150 people spend money at ebay buying machines, spend time and money gathering photos etc - post them to forums just for half a dozen 'mates' to be able to play the layouts the resources produce?

Like I said I think we as a scene have given more than enough to wipe clean the mistakes made by a small few... I think it is time for the other side so show some us some good will. They won't however because we still continue to feather their nests.

If you cant see whats wrong with that attitude, there's no helping you.

There is no attitude, I'm offering a point of view from the other side of the fence and it is a very valid point I make.

So if someone comes along in 10 - 20 years time with a public epoch emulator, and there's no roms left, we know who's fault that is.

The person with-holding the current EPOCH emulator perhaps?

You know how it works, if any coder came on here posting he was going to release XY or Z the scene would gather around and come up with the goods. That is a fact.

#145 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

No Idea why this is, I would assume making an emulator would be much easier with more than 4 romsets (with sound).

There are a load of sounds missing from the Maygay, and Impulse machines that used Epoch, but on the positive side nearly all the Global machines that used Epoch do have sounds! :)

Every grey cloud, etc. :D

#146 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

I have all those car parts but I am not a mechanic so I'm stuck. Get my point?

So learn. Google is your friend. Its what I did. Of course if you were ever serious about learning I would be happy, ney thrilled to help out.

Give their stuff away for nothing when I say so? <<<--- can you point out when I have demanded that. However that is not exactly the case in point. Flip it around like I tried to do before, why should I dunno 150 people spend money at ebay buying machines, spend time and money gathering photos etc - post them to forums just for half a dozen 'mates' to be able to play the layouts the resources produce?

Scorp IV was already planned for release before the leak. Also, It was mentioned several times that certain people would be much more able to help (and possibly release things) once certain NDA's were out of date / over. You constantly claim that these NDA's dont exist and are a smokescreen. And you and your supporters Jump up and down about it being so unfair.

So you basically refuse to believe the reasons and tell people it should be released now because NDA's and other things are all fake. Indirectly demanding it should be released on your terms (not that of the coder(s)) or you and your band of merry men refuse to give out resources you are blatently hoarding.

Yes I do think 150 people should collect resources now, because they are there to collect, in abundance. By the time an emu becomes public there might be hardly anything left with EPOCH's reliability record. At which point it doesn't matter how many people rally round if there is nothing left to collect or find.

And if it means a select few get to play before us, so be it, thats their reward for the thousands of hours work.

Like I said I think we as a scene have given more than enough to wipe clean the mistakes made by a small few... I think it is time for the other side so show some us some good will. They won't however because we still continue to feather their nests.

I don't even know where to begin with this. Its amazing how much bullshit can be crammed into one paragraph. I would berate you, but its simply impressive.

There is no attitude, I'm offering a point of view from the other side of the fence and it is a very valid point I make.

The side of the fence that wont provide a few roms until the coder gives you what you want / demand. The side of the fence that STILL seems to think you are deserving of more (see the above paragraph).

Would it really hurt you to get over yourself and contribute to the scene? There are more than 5 coders in the world so you never know another might come along and do something with what gets shared. Like seVen did. Only if we dont piss them off in the first 2 days of them joining and offering to help, they might stay and rovide that most elusive of items, an emulator.

This attitude of "why should I / we" doesn't do anyone any favours, in fact its the one thing I cant understand. Compared to writing an emu, collecting a few romsets is nothing, in terms of time taken, and in most cases, effort.

The person with-holding the current EPOCH emulator perhaps?

Edit:- No, they did there bit by supplying the emulator, surely its not beyond the other people who use said emuator to assist in getting resources?

You know how it works, if any coder came on here posting he was going to release XY or Z the scene would gather around and come up with the goods. That is a fact.

LOL, you really do believe your own hype dont you.

Remember when a certain coder came along and offered to help? Lets call him Sitar. He had to wade through 3 months of bullshit and being told it couldnt be done, or was incapable. Then the first initial screenshots appeared and was met with calls of being fake. And one person was even disappointed that it wasnt a working emulator being posted, not just screenshots of the first stages of a core.

You wanted to see what goes into it, and you were given that from stage 1, and that wasnt good enough. You wanted someone to come along and offer to help, and it was thrown back in their face. So don't sit there and say the scene would rally behind a person offering x,y and z because I was there, because it was me.

I really do wish the scene was that way, and a small few are genuinely helpfull, for which I am eternally thankfull. But don't type that because its 1) a lie, and 2) downright offensive to anyone with the power of reason.

Edited by guitar, 25 November 2009 - 09:24 PM.

#147 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

Later I will be posting a response to your post, however....

Would it really hurt you to get over yourself and contribute to the scene?

.....with comments like that how am I supposed to take your POV seriously?

Do you want to know how many gigs of roms I have provided for this scene? Let alone anything else I have done. Seriously I think you want to get your facts right before you go off on one.

#148 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

Later I will be posting a response to your post, however....

.....with comments like that how am I supposed to take your POV seriously?

Do you want to know how many gigs of roms I have provided for this scene? Let alone anything else I have done. Seriously I think you want to get your facts right before you go off on one.

"as said in previous threads"

some kind fellow on here provides DVDs of roms & layouts

wonder who that could be?

any ideas geddy?

#149 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

So learn. Google is your friend. Its what I did. Of course if you were ever serious about learning I would be happy, ney thrilled to help out.

So learn? Is that the best you can do? I think if I wanted to go down that path I would have done it years ago. Actually taking your advice we would have 1000s of FME coders.... not going to happen in the real world is it?

Scorp IV was already planned for release before the leak. Also, It was mentioned several times that certain people would be much more able to help (and possibly release things) once certain NDA's were out of date / over. You constantly claim that these NDA's dont exist and are a smokescreen. And you and your supporters Jump up and down about it being so unfair.

So how can working for a burger joint stop you releasing a FME emulator? Look these NDAs are a boat load of tosh. There are ways and means of getting around them even if they do exist. 'Anon' is a good tactic to take. If Wizzy or anyone else (and I can't EVER remember Wizzy claiming the NDA route) wanted to release a FME emulator there would be ways to do it without breaking the magical NDAs. That is fact.

So you basically refuse to believe the reasons and tell people it should be released now because NDA's and other things are all fake. Indirectly demanding it should be released on your terms (not that of the coder(s)) or you and your band of merry men refuse to give out resources you are blatently hoarding.

Ah 'indirectly' now that is a good choice of words for sure. You mean without real evidence okay... gotcha ya.

I would like to talk now about the piece in bold which is a total crock and totally unfounded. I'm telling you now I have personally posted more roms than anyone directly or indirectly to this scene than anyone else. I can assure you of that. Also take into consideration the 400 + DVD sets I have mainly at my own cost have supplied over the years to members here.

Now lets talk about how many roms you have sourced and uploaded? How many DVDs have you sent out and how many layouts you have created/helped with? You are winning with the 'coded emu' score but some might say that is not even comparable.

Yes I do think 150 people should collect resources now, because they are there to collect, in abundance. By the time an emu becomes public there might be hardly anything left with EPOCH's reliability record. At which point it doesn't matter how many people rally round if there is nothing left to collect or find.

I agree 150 should collect stuff, however I have outlined a valid reason why they might feel they should not.
Bold ref - How about the one that resides on Wizzy's HDD? - Get my point?

I don't even know where to begin with this. Its amazing how much bullshit can be crammed into one paragraph. I would berate you, but its simply impressive.

Total cock and you know it. A very small number of people - maybe even ONE did a daft thing (in respect to the coder, some might disagree) and 1000s have been made to suffer. I can only see blame in one person's lap for that and it ain't the leaker.

The side of the fence that wont provide a few roms until the coder gives you what you want / demand. The side of the fence that STILL seems to think you are deserving of more (see the above paragraph).

That might have some credence however you are missing one small fact - I HAVE PROVIDED 100s OF ROMS/LAYOUTS/DVDS/ARTWORK ETC

Would it really hurt you to get over yourself and contribute to the scene?

Hahahahahahaha.... like I previously said if you are saying that you have NO CASE.

There are more than 5 coders in the world so you never know another might come along and do something with what gets shared. Like seVen did. Only if we dont piss them off in the first 2 days of them joining and offering to help, they might stay and rovide that most elusive of items, an emulator.

My point would be we have the coder we need here with the emu we all would like on his HDD but no. Actually to rub salt into the many 100s of innocent FME members we should actually PROVIDE for them (small band of mates) so they can play using what we have sourced. <--- can you not see that?

Bold ref - shit the bed let's make sure we do what we are told or we get nothing. We must adore the coders. FFS. Can you remember that stance with EPEE? We were fed a boat load of total shite.

This attitude of "why should I / we" doesn't do anyone any favours, in fact its the one thing I cant understand. Compared to writing an emu, collecting a few romsets is nothing, in terms of time taken, and in most cases, effort.

Give me one single good reason why after all this time Wizzy should not release newer MFMEs? I mean a good reason. Then ask yourself why anyone should go on supporting him by providing roms etc but not be allowed to play them? I personally have provided 100s of rom sets that he and his chums can play but I cannot.... how do you think that makes me feel or him look? (You seem to be getting mixed up in what I DO and what I think should be DONE.)

Edit:- No, they did there bit by supplying the emulator, surely its not beyond the other people who use said emuator to assist in getting resources?

Did they/he? Where is this emulator that can play all s4 machines, where is this EPOCH emulator? I don't have it do you? Like I have said a dozen times now I personally have provided 100s of roms for machines I cannot play- is that fair?

LOL, you really do believe your own hype dont you.

Remember when a certain coder came along and offered to help? Lets call him Sitar. He had to wade through 3 months of bullshit and being told it couldnt be done, or was incapable. Then the first initial screenshots appeared and was met with calls of being fake. And one person was even disappointed that it wasnt a working emulator being posted, not just screenshots of the first stages of a core.

And of course I did all of this naysaying. To be fair when you came around posting about your emulator you have to consider a few more variables.

1) We had been royally f***ed over by EPEE.
2) Historically FME coders do not always tell the 'truth.'
3) Historically FME coders do not have good PR.
4) How many times had the scene had their hopes built up and then dashed?

You wanted to see what goes into it, and you were given that from stage 1, and that wasnt good enough. You wanted someone to come along and offer to help, and it was thrown back in their face. So don't sit there and say the scene would rally behind a person offering x,y and z because I was there, because it was me.

You wanted helpers I offered to help. For it not being good enough is total garbage. I think you will find I am STILL the only person to have produced a layout for your emulator. The problem was two fold, you were 'forced' to take your emu in a direction myself and a fair few others thought was wrong - yes people are allowed an opinion. Secondly you were very reluctant to change the way it worked and rebutted ideas given to you from the people who enlisted as helpers. To this day nothing has changed and FMEF still remains to the vast number of FME members as useless and unplayable. Especially in regards to the layout tools.

I really do wish the scene was that way, and a small few are genuinely helpfull, for which I am eternally thankfull. But don't type that because its 1) a lie, and 2) downright offensive to anyone with the power of reason.

???????

1) It is a huge lie for you to claim I have not contributed to this scene.
2) I find it downright offensive to be told I have done nothing and as I can remind you yet again I am the ONLY person to ever have made a public layout for your emulator (apart for the 'coding' team.)

#150 Nemmie

Nemmie

• New Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

Nice to see you ripping into another coder.

Even someone with the most basic intelligence would realise that you don't bite the hand that feeds you and yet you have done it repeatedly. You make your demands, stomp your feet and throw your tantrum.

Pretty dumb by anyone's standards. :wacko:

Also lets not forget that you knew about the leak before it happened and did nothing to stop it so that makes you involved in a key event in the demise of FME.

Guitar it's blatantly obvious that someone who can't understand basic principles of human interaction is not going to be capable of coding anything beyond "Hello World" so I wouldn't waste your energy.

#151 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

• Regulars
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

I need a London Underground cabinet, is it in fairly decent condition and where do you live?

#152 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

Is it done yet?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#153 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

can anybody else remember that group that appeared (well 1 user actually) ans claimed that they held the key to epoch and many other emus?

there was a release .zip attached to their thread with all the resources needed for most coders to take off and get on with it??? anyway, the end of the post claimed that this particulary mystery group would be back at a later date to `help out` with the coding?

i know i didnt imagine it.

#154 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

can anybody else remember that group that appeared (well 1 user actually) ans claimed that they held the key to epoch and many other emus?

there was a release .zip attached to their thread with all the resources needed for most coders to take off and get on with it??? anyway, the end of the post claimed that this particulary mystery group would be back at a later date to `help out` with the coding?

i know i didnt imagine it.

Would that be seVen? Everything he posted will have been lost when FF got hacked :(

#155 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

i remeber i downloaded a file once off FF in an Epoch thread, ill see if i can dig it up :)

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#156 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Garath somone also was khards on ff

Edited by Johnnyafc, 11 October 2010 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image

#157 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

i remeber i downloaded a file once off FF in an Epoch thread, ill see if i can dig it up :)

thats the kiddie, the zip/rar was full of developer stff for note acceptors/tech etc etc. but the whole post was kinda weird. almost as if a programmer really wanted the stuff leaked - but didn want to do it himself ?????

AND haloween is coming... careful m8ts

#158 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

Heres the vid, il try and find somthing else.

VLC said the video was corrupt and tried to repair it and it played.

Attached Files

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#159 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

im pretty sure that vid is still on youtube somewhere. the file like i said was a .zip full of developer stuff to get the tech working.

anyway...... back to the point, what happened to this mystery user ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users