duplu's Content

There have been 860 items by duplu (Search limited from 02-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#261881 Christmas Theme

Posted by duplu on 15 December 2013 - 06:20 PM in Any Topic Chat

This is last year's theme - but it's ok

#261862 Christmas Theme

Posted by duplu on 15 December 2013 - 03:14 PM in Any Topic Chat

Bahh humbug!

#260569 Weight Loss

Posted by duplu on 10 November 2013 - 09:57 PM in Any Topic Chat

It took me about 3-4 months to shed the 3 stone but I really stuck to it religiously, I didn't eat one snack, not even an apple.

I took the shakes for 8 weeks but they say you're supposed to do them for 2 weeks and then switch to their maintenance shakes.  I thought bugger it they're working so I'm going to carry on.

I'm now wearing a belt with my 32" waist jeans!

How long did it take you to shed the weight??

#260567 Weight Loss

Posted by duplu on 10 November 2013 - 09:53 PM in Any Topic Chat

Amazing mate,just started a diet myself,I weigh112 kg just over 17 and half stone,can i ask what the name of the shakes were you used as they sound like they have worked for you.I have got in to an habbit of just ordering a take away instead of having a cooked meal as i get in at daft o clock every evening. Those results really are great well done.

The shakes were called Celebrity Slim Active.  The 'active' part is the important part (as they do normal shakes) as it mean they contain L-Carnitine which helps with the conversion of fat to energy.  You must do exercise and drink the 2 litres of water otherwise you'll get mega constipated.  It comes in a big tub like protein shakes (it does contain a lot of protein too) which last for a week and costs around £21, you mix them with 200mL of skimmed milk for more protein.  You can get them mail order or in larger boots stores.  I found it was more convenient to have the shake so I didn't have to worry about what to have for breakfast or lunch.  The hardest part which working out what to do at lunch time!

#260561 Weight Loss

Posted by duplu on 10 November 2013 - 08:23 PM in Any Topic Chat

Just realised after reading a post on Fruit Forums that I haven't posted anywhere about my attempts to lose weight.

I started about 4 months ago weighing around 96kg (just over 15 stone) with a waist of 36/38" a BMI of over 30 (obese) and a blood pressure of 190 over 120 (very bad).  I was also on blood pressure medication.

I decided drastic action was necessary so I went on one of those milk shake diets.  I had a milk shake at 7am, 11am and 3pm and then a meal at 6pm.  I ate nothing else, not even a crumb and also drank 2 litres of water a day (god I hate water!).  I also had to exercise, which was new to me, so I walked around 2-3 miles a day.  I also decided at the same time to give up tea and coffee as I take sugar in my hot drinks.  After 2 weeks I had almost died from the massive withdrawal headaches I was experiencing but they soon passed.

Today I weighed myself in at 74kg (just over 11 1/2 stone) with a waist of 32" a BMI of 23 (perfect) and a blood pressure of 120 over 80 (perfect) and I've stopped my medication.  It was hard work but I feel absolutely great and people say I look 10 years younger!  I'm finding it easy to keep off as I just don't crave anything.  In fact if I drop any weight I go to the canteen and eat a stir fry with chips as I don't want to lose anymore.

One word of warning it might cost you a fortune in new clothes!!

#260543 Donations

Posted by duplu on 10 November 2013 - 01:04 PM in Any Topic Chat

wow £800 a year , that seems very expensive 

may i ask some questions like

Bandwidth required a month (aprox)

CPU power (max)

RAM

HD space required

ok i get 

70GB of HD space

3 GB ram

1 TB bandwidth 

CPU  Intel® Xeon® CPU           E5520  @ 2.27GHz

all for $5 a month and IP is UK based 

Sorry but real life has taken over, hence my late reply.

Running a website isn't always about specs but about service and how a company reacts to problems.  Your $5 server is going to be shutdown in a heartbeat if you over step the mark on resources as we have had done to us a number of times before getting a dedicated server.  Bare in mind that the FE server also runs another 12 web sites as well, mostly for nothing.  We use a ton of processor power (being a PHP/MySQL website) and also a ton of bandwidth. 

#260236 Donations

Posted by duplu on 04 November 2013 - 07:59 PM in Any Topic Chat

As barcrest said the £250 donation is for Thunderstorm and not for hosting costs.  

Hosting costs are currently in the region of £800 a year.  This doesn't include any software maintenance costs or extras.

#259526 Unable to find page?

Posted by duplu on 17 October 2013 - 08:31 PM in EMULATOR Help & Advice

You don't need to make any number of posts to download.  If you are getting a page not found error then it may be a problem to do with your browser or your internet connection.  It could have also been a temporary problem with the website, it is working for me at the moment so I'd try again.

#259370 Donation Thread in Memory of 'thunderstorm'

Posted by duplu on 13 October 2013 - 06:06 PM in Any Topic Chat

Thanks guys, the fund has now reached three figures - £100

#258924 Donation Thread in Memory of 'thunderstorm'

Posted by duplu on 03 October 2013 - 05:17 PM in Any Topic Chat

There are no fees.  The software was assuming fees were payable and was subtracting this from the donated amount.  This is corrected now so you can see the full amount.

#258858 RIP THUNDERSTORM

Posted by duplu on 01 October 2013 - 07:21 PM in Any Topic Chat

I often chatted via e-mail to Neil when he took over metserv and asked me for help with the hosting and setup.  He was always a nice and polite chap and never wanted to impose himself or ask too much.

I'm genuinely surprised and shocked by this news.

#258207 Happy Birthday fruitman69

Posted by duplu on 21 September 2013 - 08:24 AM in Any Topic Chat

Happy Birthday Steve

#257965 Apple's iOS7

Posted by duplu on 17 September 2013 - 09:59 PM in Any Topic Chat

I'm looking forward to it - it might not be so graphic-intensive as presently on my iPad2 - although iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 is very fast, so hopefully it will be much more snappier, as duplu has mentioned. :)

I'm also very much looking forward to the latest OS X release from Apple too - OS X Mavericks looks very much the 'biz' and if is as cheap as OS X Mountain Lion was - it will be well worth the cost to make the iMac run much more smoothly. :)

Mavericks is good too.  It's on preview 7 now and I've had no problems :)

#257964 Apple's iOS7

Posted by duplu on 17 September 2013 - 09:56 PM in Any Topic Chat

And he didn't add you to his developer account :(

you can have 100 devices on your account!

#257961 Apple's iOS7

Posted by duplu on 17 September 2013 - 09:50 PM in Any Topic Chat

I've had it for a few months now and really like it.  It's snappier and has a really modern feel to it.

#257785 ShoutBox will soon be closing...

Posted by duplu on 15 September 2013 - 01:32 PM in Site News

OK, chat is now working, have fun

Helps if you remember to pay the bills ;)

#257782 ShoutBox will soon be closing...

Posted by duplu on 15 September 2013 - 01:19 PM in Site News

...and it is closed.

I'll take a look at the chat.

#256093 One name famous

Posted by duplu on 19 August 2013 - 06:32 AM in General FME Discussion

Kylie ;)

#256047 Fruit Emu... support us - or you may lose us!

Posted by duplu on 18 August 2013 - 04:04 PM in Any Topic Chat

The link is on every page under the 'Store' heading. You don't need any bank details, in fact you can only pay via Paypal.

#255993 Fruit Emu... support us - or you may lose us!

Posted by duplu on 17 August 2013 - 08:54 PM in Any Topic Chat

Email and just put my email of duplu@me.com

#255963 Fruit Emu... support us - or you may lose us!

Posted by duplu on 17 August 2013 - 02:46 PM in Any Topic Chat

I've now added options for reduced monthly donations to the site for those that would like to donate and pound or two a month rather than a bulk amount.

#255925 Fruit Emu slow?

Posted by duplu on 16 August 2013 - 06:11 PM in I Found a Problem

I'm on BT 300Mbit fibre - lol

The site has been moved from a dedicated server to a VPS (Virtual Private Server).  The reason for this is that I simply can't finance the site out of my own pocket anymore.  The dedicated server cost in the region of £120 per month.  The VPS costs in the region of £40.  It was either downgrade or remove the site altogether.

I'm not seeing much of a slow down on page loads.

#255003 Has Anyone Got These Pook Layouts

Posted by duplu on 03 August 2013 - 12:18 PM in General FME Discussion

You can temporarily access Dxcellent at http://vps.xeepi.com/~pook/ until the problems are sorted out.

#253305 First adult passport Check and send

Posted by duplu on 27 June 2013 - 06:24 PM in Any Topic Chat

My daughter's passport took about 2 weeks.

#251830 any of you noticed that dxcellent has gone down?

Posted by duplu on 24 May 2013 - 07:53 PM in General FME Discussion

The DNS server for the domain are old ones and no longer used.  Pook if you see this the new DNS servers are ns1.xeepidns.com and ns2.xeepidns.com