• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Sad sad news that one of fruit emus members is no longer with us. Thunderstorm AKA Neil Eaketts went missing 24th Sept and was found yesterday in a local canal.

I know life was hard for him and I know he is now at peace.

RIP fella will miss the crazy chats and rants we had on facebook and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

This is two friends I have lost this year its very sad.

http://www.thisisglo...l#axzz2gT7PUMGO

Edited by TEMPLEOFTREASURE, 01 October 2013 - 11:15 AM.

What's yours is yours and what's hers is yours

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Words can not even begin to describe the loss I am feeling right now, especially knowing a few personal details of his life, and I know that this will especially hit some FME members particularly hard.

Neil, I hope you are at least at peace now..... I'll not forget you.

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

OOh my God I was only reading this news in the local citizen my thoughts go out to the family and friends and to the small community of frampton on severn whom I'm sure will be missing this dear member of fruit-emu, I'm sure me and thunderstorm would've crossed paths sometime in our history in the area as played skittles down in the community centre where he worked and he'll be sadly missed here on fruit-emu,

R.I.P thunderstorm hope the weather's good where you are, and you get to play all the machines you've dreamt of in the big arcade in the sky. XXX
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

This is sad news indeed , spoke to him a few times on here about weather related stuff...Still got PM's from him... 

You wonder what drives people to do this , surely nothing is that bad that you feel its your only way out .. although im not going to speculate on anything.

RIP man.  :( 

Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Although I've not really ever had proper chats or anything with him (just the odd bit of banter on topics), he seemed like such a friendly bloke who would help anyone (supported by the comments in the news story). I was aware he'd had some form of health problems (which didn't sound like he would ever 'get over'), although never knew any exact details. 

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Rest in peace Neil.

Edited by Bencrest, 01 October 2013 - 11:38 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#6 carlosgee

carlosgee

• Regulars
  • 1005 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Rest in Peace. James Lowe told me about this, and I want to add my condolences to all xxx

http://www.wwe.com/w...enov08/8662404/ 8th pic on the first row...me perving with me cam on maria

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

This is really sad.

Neil you'll be truly missed, obviously not only those personally close to you but also those within the community of FME.

Take care my friend wherever you are now, there's no more pain buddy.

-----------------------

Is it possible for an account to be set-up by one of us that we can pay a pound or two into. When we know details we (as a group) could send a bouquet?

I think this is a respectful tribute to a great member.

#8 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I totally understand where thunderstorm has been... and I hope he is now free and at peace.

I cannot begin to give my feelings on this, but I will just leave this post that thunderstorm replied to in My Alzheimer's Thread to let you all know that he had publicly made aware his condition.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Daryl mate. Do keep us informed of your progress and it would help if you send me a PM of updates.

I will now use this opportunity to tell every one here that I too myself have the very early stages of Dementia.
My dad died of it in early 2010 so I was able to luckily see some of the signs myself.
I will not elaborate any further for now as I still haven't really come to terms with it.

I did indeed stay in contact with him... and I feel a failure and sad that I just couldn't pull him through it.

I just can't say anymore.  :rain:

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#9 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

God only knows how you must feel Daryl, but you couldn't have done any more than you already had done. This is an absolutely tragic, terrible loss of life - obviously the facts aren't known as to how or why this happened exactly - but I know you are in no way at fault and I'm sure he would have appreciated all the support you would have offered him while he was still with us.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#10 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

This is really sad.

Neil you'll be truly missed, obviously not only those personally close to you but also those within the community of FME.

-----------------------

Is it possible for an account to be set-up by one of us that we can pay a pound or two into. When we know details we (as a group) could send a bouquet?

Best check through that news link in the first post, as I think there will be a few locals organising something.

#11 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

If you all want to offer your own tributes then the website is www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/news
I'm sure I'm playing skittles down his local the bell inn next week(friday), and if there's a collection box or anything like that I'll personally put in from his friends @ fruit-emu & co again a tragic lose to all. As for daryl you're not to blame know one actually know how he ended up where he was, he may have even just 'fell' in as it appears he left somewhere in the evening he disappeared walking along the canal/river severn as he was seen in tesco's that night and probably walked back via the canal to frampton approx 4miles from tesco's Its a wide canal and very deep as it takes big ships to gloucester.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#12 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

RIP Thunderstorm.

If anything is set up for a collection please state here and i'll put in for the bouquet or whatever is chosen.

#13 samson81

samson81

I have no regrets

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thunderstorm may you rest in peace.

Very sad to hear this news, Now you are free of your worries and can live long in the afterlife.

As said by others if a collection is set up please can the news be made as im very sure most people here would be more then happy to put a pound or two in the kitty for something.

Daryl please don't blame yourself here mate. there is/was no way you alone could have stopped this tragedy happen, rest assured Daryl he will be in a better and worry free place now.

R.I.P. Thunderstorm Aka Neil Eaketts

#14 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Oh what terrible news, so sad will miss Thunderstorm, such a tragedy. I also knew him as I was a member on his weather forum site (Metserv), which he had to give up some time ago because of his health.

Daryl you have done no wrong, please don't go there M8. Don't go punishing yourself.

What a shock, my thoughts are with him, his relatives and friends he leaves behind.

God bless you thunderstorm.(Neil).

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 03 October 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#15 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Very sad news.  Not only a valued member here but also at DADsFME.

RIP Thunderstorm

#16 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Not sure I remember him from the forum but a sad one none the less RIP mate.

#17 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

This is really sad.

-----------------------

Ive sent a pm on fb to a family member asking if I could attend his funeral. Its just up the road from me and I would like to go pay my respects.

Just had a message back "Thank you. Details of the funeral will be put in the citizen paper, not sure when yet ,probably not for a few days though"

Edited by TEMPLEOFTREASURE, 01 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#18 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Terribly sorry to hear that :( Always a pleasant guy around here.

TEMPLEOFTREASURE - please send my (our) condolences to his family.

Life is appalling unfair at times.

#19 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Gutted doesn't come close to how I am feeling right now. As a local lad we had chatted many times via pm as we both have similar hobbies of the weather and fruity emulation. Nearly managed to persuade him to come along to the last Mecca meet earlier in the year, but circumstances conspired against us, so never met Neil in the flesh.

I knew of some of the problems he had in life and also that he had a really good friendship with others on here. God, life's crap sometimes. I take some consolation that he is now at peace with no more pain. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time. Thanks to TempleOfTreasure for posting this as to my horror I wouldn't even have known the innocuous story in the local rag was about a good friend; we always were on first name terms and I never knew his surname.

RIP mate

Gazza

#20 robinhood75

robinhood75

medieval mentalist

• Gold Supporters
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

It will be family flowers only and they are considdering donations for MIND (mental health charity) So if a pot is started any donations can go there.

• ady likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users