- - - - -

Mpu 5 Emulation <----- OR WAS :)

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:11 AM

I take your point Pash but there are ways of speaking to people and theres being a c*** sadly recently the latter has been the norm and quite frankly it sucks.

alth

#22 labtec

labtec

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:00 AM

The truth is everyone is waiting in anticipation until Mpu 5 is emulated, it never ceases to amaze me just how much response it gets each time this question is asked, personally I cant wait until that day comes and really hate when you get such a negative response to such a simple question, I know people should do a little research first before asking but to be honest people want this so bad and I dont blame them.

#23 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:38 AM

The truth is everyone is waiting in anticipation until Mpu 5 is emulated, it never ceases to amaze me just how much response it gets each time this question is asked, personally I cant wait until that day comes and really hate when you get such a negative response to such a simple question, I know people should do a little research first before asking but to be honest people want this so bad and I dont blame them.

Unfortunately, when you mention everyone is waiting in anticipation for MPU5, you are not entirely accurate. It should be worded more like this.

'The truth is everyone is waiting in anticipation until MPU5 is emulated.....'

Yep. All those between like 8 and 20 plus those planning to gain financially from such an emulator from being able to 'learn' how to win ect....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

'it never ceases to amaze me just how much response it gets each time this question is asked...'

Again, you'll find those who have no interest in true emulation ask for MPU5. Those who are young and want to save their money or use the emulator to increase their chances of winning in the real world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

'personally I cant wait until that day comes and really hate when you get such a negative response to such a simple question, I know people should do a little research first before asking but to be honest people want this so bad and I dont blame them.'

It's not a negative response. It's rational thinking. Why emulate a current or very recent tech that you can still play for real? If you want MPU5 so badly, go down to the arcade. The whole heart of emulation here on the fruit machine scene is based upon the fact that we are bringing machines back that are well and truly dead. Think about it....

A man who's heavily into vehicle restoration would buy an old car that has long vanished from the roads. Maybe a Morris 1000 or an old Mini. Something that would be worth the time and investment. How stupid would he look and feel if he chose to renovate and restore a Vauxhall Corsa. Then for his investment to vanish amongst the already massive population of Corsa's.

Now.... Give me 1 single viable and genuinely good reason why MPU5 should be emulated at this time?

I bet all that can be thought of is 'So I don't have to go down the arcade to play 'Crazy Froots'

#24 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

Hi All

Well i for one would not be to unhappy if MPU5 never came as the large precentage of the machines that run on it are crap and have all the game play of dead duck, in fact i find them so incredebly samey and boaring to play in the wild, when i do have a dabble i will look for the old machines and if i cannot find any I will tend to play the 10p play versions of ether barx and other elctrocoin mancines or monopoly, party time ECT, there is one exeption to all of this though and that is Red Gamings damn near prefect version of Line Up which i am assuming is running under MPU5 tech.

CLiff C

#25 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

Actually a nice Blonde with Blue eyes'll do me!

#26 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:40 PM

What has me in creases is madman.

First when he joined he asked over and over "can party time be emulated?"

Then when he was told no he changes his sig to "party time cannot be emulated so dont ask !!!!!oneoneone"

Then he goes and makes a hybrid DX of it just to confuse the f*** out of people and then he goes around like his shit dont stink telling people mpu5 cannot be emulated.

Talk about f*****g mixed signals eh?

#27 MARK7131

MARK7131

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:40 PM

Is PARTY TIME SLOTTO emulated yet?

#28 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

Is PARTY TIME SLOTTO emulated yet?

Quick get i'm.

alth

#29 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

I aint even gonna start on this topic. too many fond memories of the likes of Rmoore and the other party time/mpu5 askers !

#30 mocochoco

mocochoco

• Regulars
  • 1380 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

I aint even gonna start on this topic. too many fond memories of the likes of Rmoore and the other party time/mpu5 askers !

ooo f*****g great..... another mpu5 thread, the same boring thread that has about 100 on here that are exactly the same.:bigeyes15:

EDIT: in the future when a thread like this comes up i think the best thing to do is the first moderator to see the thread should politely answer the question and then lock the thread. end of.

"The cue tip is the most important thing, give me a broomstick with a good tip on it and il shoot the lights out, then sweep the joint when im done" (Willie Mosconi)

#31 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

ooo f*****g great..... another mpu5 thread, the same boring thread that has about 100 on here that are exactly the same.:bigeyes15:

EDIT: in the future when a thread like this comes up i think the best thing to do is the first moderator to see the thread should politely answer the question and then lock the thread. end of.

Huh :s

#32 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:40 PM

pmsl..........moco has a mod phobia I think....

Best thing I think is to leave it running and tell people we won't wipe their ass and to browse a little first!

#33 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:06 PM

I don't know, moderators are like busses :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#34 Guest_madman_*

Guest_madman_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:14 PM

What has me in creases is madman.

First when he joined he asked over and over "can party time be emulated?"

Then when he was told no he changes his sig to "party time cannot be emulated so dont ask !!!!!oneoneone"

Then he goes and makes a hybrid DX of it just to confuse the f*** out of people and then he goes around like his shit dont stink telling people mpu5 cannot be emulated.

Talk about f*****g mixed signals eh?

imay have asked but was it advertised on the site as was known back then.....
even if i was asking and got told it couldn,t be at least i learnt how to make a dx and made a not to confuse but yes a hybrid....
if this confused anyone then i alolagise. at least i just didnt post and then f*** off. tried to passify those who wanted it..
and if you loo at the downloads its gained then i think that proves at least one thing......

and if you look back at my reply i actually said i wated a preveiw page to tell people to save posts like this..

#35 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

and if you loo at the downloads its gained then i think that proves at least one thing......

It plays f*** all like Party Time :D

alth

#36 ricocchet

ricocchet

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

. at least i just didnt post and then f*** off. tried to passify those who wanted it..

Look mate, when you have released numerous line up DXs and contributed to the scene like Mythicos has then you can sit on the forums lecturing us all!!

Do yourself a favour and engage brain before opening mouth/typing on keyboard!

#37 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:42 PM

Look mate, when you have released numerous line up DXs and contributed to the scene like Mythicos has then you can sit on the forums lecturing us all!!

Do yourself a favour and engage brain before opening mouth/typing on keyboard!

Ok Dude before this goes any further i think you need to look at a few things.

Madman has been here now over two years and is a contributor to this site, mythicos has also done a great deal for f-emu (which we are all thankfull for to all layout creators and contributors) but i think you should engage your brain before typing.

You joined f-emu in may2003 and have since posted 8 times, ok they havent been about mpu5/party time so thats one scalp less for us, you've also assisted other people here with their problems which again is great and we all apreciate that. but to turn round to someone who has contributed more than you have and blast him like that is to me just stupid.

I'm normally the first person to reply to the MPU5 or the Party Time messages because it used to be fun but then we have to think about we were all new to F-emu once so i lightened up. Your last post showed the same imature response that we tried to stamped out in this community.

I suggest you think about what you post before doing it as previous regular members have moved away from the scene because people are very quick to throw shitty comments at others before realising what the other person does for everyone else.

I'll end it on that, but seriously mate were all here to help, have a laugh and at the end of the day this is the internet not some personal bust-up with the other half.

Now kiss n make up.

#38 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

Ok Dude before this goes any further i think you need to look at a few things.

Madman has been here now over two years and is a contributor to this site, mythicos has also done a great deal for f-emu (which we are all thankfull for to all layout creators and contributors) but i think you should engage your brain before typing.

You joined f-emu in may2003 and have since posted 8 times, ok they havent been about mpu5/party time so thats one scalp less for us, you've also assisted other people here with their problems which again is great and we all apreciate that. but to turn round to someone who has contributed more than you have and blast him like that is to me just stupid.

I'm normally the first person to reply to the MPU5 or the Party Time messages because it used to be fun but then we have to think about we were all new to F-emu once so i lightened up. Your last post showed the same imature response that we tried to stamped out in this community.

I suggest you think about what you post before doing it as previous regular members have moved away from the scene because people are very quick to throw shitty comments at others before realising what the other person does for everyone else.

I'll end it on that, but seriously mate were all here to help, have a laugh and at the end of the day this is the internet not some personal bust-up with the other half.

Now kiss n make up.

Now lets look at your profile 'Pgamblin Noob Basher' now who is stirring the shit.........

alth

#39 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

Now lets look at your profile 'Pgamblin Noob Basher' now who is stirring the shit.........

alth

Perhaps you cant read alth

I'm normally the first person to reply to the MPU5 or the Party Time messages because it used to be fun but then we have to think about we were all new to F-emu once so i lightened up.

#40 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:55 PM