Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Who here owns their own fruit machine(s)?

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#81 maccy

maccy

what a pair !!!

• New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

yep thats a fact along with everyone else. you want to see the rubbish sorted for monday you know that m3 stuff !!!

if you think the path was a pain what about getting it in the trailer, how did it make it !!! :bigeyes16:

#82 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

I get the impression from some of the posts above that some people may not have stakes and prizes or percentage keys fitted to the machine.

Machines often have something called a NOKEY value - basically a factory set percentage / stake / prize setting. On several of my machines (which were released before the £25 jackpot was introduced) the NOKEY setting is £15/30p/80%.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#83 Jimbob219

Jimbob219

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

Just a quick question, when you go to buy a fruit machine and the %'age is on 70, has anyone ever asked if they could put it higher?? I bought (my dad bought) a simpsons machine on 70% payout and never got a jp repeat or a red/flash board, i am going to buy ( my dad is going to buy) a new machine after my half term ( i am still at school).

I have looked at big brother 25p £25jp and love it, so that's the one i'm after.. But it's at 70%, i was just wondering if it could get boring cos it would be so tight that i may not even get a jp or (an im? does big brother have an im, i know the club one has). Also, i was hoping i could repeat jp's but will it be possible on 70%>

I'm a bit on the dodgy side today so the above might not make sense or not, i don't know to be honest. (talking crap aren't i).

Jimbob

#84 wayne123

wayne123

none - going

• Regulars
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:13 PM

The first bandit I owned was Cashbolt by Castle (£3 tkn j/pot), what was yours

#85 TTX

TTX

Castle Collector

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

Hi Wayne, nice to see another Castle owner out there! Do you still own it? I've got a working Castle Crackerpot £4 Token JP and I love it to bits :D

BTW, my first machine was (and still is) a 1986 JPM "Take 2" on MPS1 tech.

#86 wayne123

wayne123

none - going

• Regulars
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

No, sold for it £60 years ago, regret it now, like the castle animation, in "attract mode", the machine used to play a tune every 10 mins or so, does yours?

#87 TTX

TTX

Castle Collector

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, it does all of that. Shame you sold it, they seem to be quite rare nowadays.

I've made .MOV videos of the attract mode and Melon JP sequence, they're over at the MPU Mecca:

http://www.fruitemu....hp?do=cat&id=12

Did your attract sound go something like the attached MP3?

Attached Files

#88 rarnold

rarnold

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

I get the impression from some of the posts above that some people may not have stakes and prizes or percentage keys fitted to the machine.

Machines often have something called a NOKEY value - basically a factory set percentage / stake / prize setting. On several of my machines (which were released before the £25 jackpot was introduced) the NOKEY setting is £15/30p/80%.

Hi, thanks for the above, I think that might be the case for me, what do these keys look like?
A bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station...

#89 rarnold

rarnold

• Regulars
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:47 AM

Would this be the thing ? £1.99 on ebay

Attached Files

A bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a work station...

#90 CanonMan

CanonMan

• New Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

I've currently got a Maygay Cluedo Super Sleuth on 25p/£15 jackpot and an ancient VFS Noughts 'n' Crosses, an old MPU3 rebuild, on 2p/£1.50 jackpot :)

The Cluedo Super Sleuth is up for sale at the moment, and I may sell the Noughts 'n' Crosses if someone makes me a reasonable offer for it!

Just in case anyone is interested, the Cluedo Super Sleuth is still up for sale. £30 is the asking price, and it would have to be collected from Leek, North Staffordshire.

Attached Files

#91 choody79

choody79

• New Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

my first and only machine which is premier club manager £75jp 5p play

#92 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, it does all of that. Shame you sold it, they seem to be quite rare nowadays.

I've made .MOV videos of the attract mode and Melon JP sequence, they're over at the MPU Mecca:

http://www.fruitemu....hp?do=cat&id=12

Did your attract sound go something like the attached MP3?

Are these Castle machines able to be emulated?? It looks good.

thanks
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#93 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:14 PM

I usually can never remember how many machines I have in my house. I have to phisically go round counting them and then add the knackered one under my stairs and the three at a nieghbours house.

I have
5 working mechanical ones,
1 1/2 non working ballys
9 working electro mechanical/electronic machines
3 system 80 fruit machines without working cpu/memory cards.
a japanese skill stop machine

they dont half mount up.

One of my Lastest additions was one of JPMs best ever machines, and one of my all time favourites. It`s play meter shows over 7 million plays which is the highest I have ever seen on a fruit machine. Its the one and only Each.Way 'Nudger'.

......see, I forgot the knackered one under the stairs again.

Attached Files

• Attached File  new.jpg   158.31KB   51 downloads

#94 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

Ive got two rare ones- global games chequered flag, and barcrest special circle- both fully working

#95 TTX

TTX

Castle Collector

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

Are these Castle machines able to be emulated?? It looks good.

thanks

They are indeed good! Great gameplay and contrary to general opinion, Crackerpot actually jackpots quite often in normal play!

The Castle machines used a tech called Mach2000. This later evolved into SP.ACE (now emulated) after the buyout of Castle by Ace in the late 80's.

The two techs are similar but not similar enough for the Mach2000 roms to run as SP.ACE roms. Unfortunately, no documentation about the Mach2000 system has been discovered yet :(

Wizard would be the man to talk to about the current feasibility of Mach2000 emulation...

#96 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:07 AM

frig, bloddy hell, how big is your house????
The two ive got take up enough room as it is

#97 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

frig, bloddy hell, how big is your house????
The two ive got take up enough room as it is

unfortunately not big enough. The gas man couldnt get to the gas meter the other day.

#98 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

lol- any pics of all these other machines then? id love to see the knackered one under the stairs!
hopefully ill be adding one more to my collection soon.......

#99 Jimbob219

Jimbob219

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:29 AM

Aswell as my Simpsons machine i now have a Big Brother £25jp 25p play which i absolutely love!

Jimbob

#100 Nightmare

Nightmare

• Regulars
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:13 PM

The one and only machine i own is Arabian Nights £15jp 25p play dont get bored with it. Hopefully when i move from my flat get spiker the biker for the g/f and king kebab.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users