Photo
- - - - -

Is it my paranoia or do machines tease you with your last spin?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

there was a thread or threads on here from someone in the industry edwardb  and  i did ask him this question and did say there was an element of the machine leaving something on the last credit to make the punter put more money in.They were really interesting reads.

Yep, I think I mentioned it on there. We did a very obvious last credit incentive on the original Pac-Man AWP and Barcrest wrote us a shitty letter to complain. We did the same to them for another minor transgression. The days of the self-policing industry are sorely missed...

#22 pbb

pbb

• Regulars
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:06 AM

@edwardab so do you say this was ok to do? so many machines today give red reels or so called advantages to play on IMHO it is wrong 

#23 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:06 AM

@edwardab so do you say this was ok to do? so many machines today give red reels or so called advantages to play on IMHO it is wrong 

No, but the thing is, even if there was no last credit incentive, you may well think there was. Mechanical reel machines only have 16/24 symbols per reel so the chances of spinning in a pair is pretty high, regardless of any software induced incentive. We used to get letters complaining about this when there was no LCI code in! 

Also, today with the Gambling Commission, neither of the last 2 companies making AWPs will do anything illegal. The penalties (both commercial and *personal* - i.e. jail time) make it not worth the risk.

#24 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:20 AM

The ones I have had didn't. I remember seeing one in the wild do it with slow/paused reels or nearly completing a trial to lead you on.

#25 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

The nobles exi bar 5/10 games used to do it all the time. Those were games coded for the nobles/shoppers brand alone.

There are multiple clones of this game now which can be played anywhere as a chuzzy extension. They dont seem to have the bar x 0 streak code.in though like the nobles version did.

Those were notorious for the slow spin last spin to leave two bars on the line or 3 0,s with the x,s over the top so you would.chuck another quid in to see if it held...

Hold the bells mate.

#26 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

If there is one we could try it out on the emu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users