Photo
- - - - -

Is it my paranoia or do machines tease you with your last spin?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

I was playing a DOND the other day in a service station and it occurred to me that machines (in my experience) quite often leave you with a potential for a win on your last credit.

So, they'll be up to the last light before the feature board, or they'll be on their second hold (third hold meaning they'll spin the win in), or some other way of making you want to get that extra credit to see if they pay out?

Is that just my paranoia and it's just a fluke or does anyone know if there's something specifically programmed into them for that sort of behaviour on the last credit(s)?

#2 dachshund

dachshund

• Regulars
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:15 AM

i think all machines do this

The Yorkie bars are not on me

#3 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:07 PM

Hi

I am not sure about this but I am pretty sure I read once somewhere that the GC have rules that machines are not meant to be programmed to do this, but I am pretty sure that this is the case

#4 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:17 PM

Hi

I am not sure about this but I am pretty sure I read once somewhere that the GC have rules that machines are not meant to be programmed to do this, but I am pretty sure that this is the case

It does seem to fly in the face of it being a 'game' (I know it's not... but - you know what I mean). Maybe it's just that I only notice the times it does it and not the times it doesn't? But it certainly seems to happen more often than not :-)

#5 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:47 PM

They have been doing that for donkeys years. Ace machines were the most notorious with the slowdown and was the first I knew about.

#6 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 02:12 PM

They have been doing that for donkeys years. Ace machines were the most notorious with the slowdown and was the first I knew about.

Slowdown? What was that?

#7 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Slowdown? What was that?

You are pulling my leg. You made the post lol

#8 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

So slowdown just describes that phenomenon of the machine leaving a tantalising situation when you run out of credits?

#9 STEVE HOWARD

STEVE HOWARD

old skool hero

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:00 PM

[you/quote]YOU MEAN THE SLOW REEL SPIN TO MAKE YOU THINK ITS GOING TO GIVE HIDDEN TREASURES NEXT CREDIT WHICH IT SOMETIMES DOES BUT NOT ALWAYS?

#10 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:19 PM

So slowdown just describes that phenomenon of the machine leaving a tantalising situation when you run out of credits?

Exactly!!!

You are pulling my leg. You made the post lol[you/quote]YOU MEAN THE SLOW REEL SPIN TO MAKE YOU THINK ITS GOING TO GIVE HIDDEN TREASURES NEXT CREDIT WHICH IT SOMETIMES DOES BUT NOT ALWAYS?

Passing this on as when I was a newbie I was told this.

Please see Geddy for quoting lol

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 29 September 2019 - 07:21 PM.

#11 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the explanation. I was more thinking of when it gives you all the numbers on the ladder to the feature and you need one more to get on the board.
Or you've had two holds and it's a machine that will spin in a win on the third hold.
But I know what you mean with the slowdown as well. :-)

#12 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:49 PM

I agree with what has been said, but I think there's also a bit of paranoia creeping in there !!!! 

That's how they make their money !!!!

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#13 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

I agree with what has been said, but I think there's also a bit of paranoia creeping in there !!!! 

That's how they make their money !!!!

On a serious note you are very on point and was trying to say that but it wasn't picked up.

Edited by CharlieRaymondo, 29 September 2019 - 10:11 PM.

#14 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:57 AM

Like cliffc says above, I remember they weren't to be deliberately programmed to do it.

But it would be impossible for certain situations, such as a let em spin chance or it's held 2 times, will it hold for a 3rd to be completely programmed out.

#15 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 03:24 AM

I think they were just to keep the punter coming back.

#16 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:29 AM

ACE were notorious for it with their "Watch Out for My Hidden Treasures" thing, basically the machine would pause, run the reels in and then next credit it would flash up that message, meaning you got a win of some sort in the next credit.

Remember it well, happy days!   

poker

#17 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

there was a thread or threads on here from someone in the industry edwardb  and  i did ask him this question and did say there was an element of the machine leaving something on the last credit to make the punter put more money in.They were really interesting reads.

Edited by ritdav, 03 October 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#18 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

Download an older QPS layout (Shockwave, Cash Lab, Shock n Roll, etc.) and watch how it pauses when you press start on the last credit for it to roll in a 2, or 2 feature symbols most times. Yes I do reckon it happened in the past. I also believe that the GC have prevented this sort of teasing code to be implemented in newer games. However, the machine can just nonchalantly tease spin after spin after spin regardless. If it teases 75% of the time normally, one cannot prove it is rigging that last credit.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#19 CharlieRaymondo

CharlieRaymondo

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

ACE were notorious for it with their "Watch Out for My Hidden Treasures" thing, basically the machine would pause, run the reels in and then next credit it would flash up that message, meaning you got a win of some sort in the next credit.

Remember it well, happy days!

You must of missed the top part of the thread!!

#20 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

Hi. To be honest I really don't know, I thought it was just pot luck and if the hoppers were totally full. Also the machines I mainly play which is the OXO super reel, it never takes me to the top feature. I've only had it once. I also had help from my support worker telling me what's on the reels, she said I had bar x bar, I decided to nudge the X and let it self nudge, and it gave me the JP. It was on my second spin. I also don't know in the case of MFME land as well if this would be the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users