Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

MFME cabinet build - the project begins.....

Best Answer No1Stoney, 05 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

Coin Mech holder if you need one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...KoAAOSwONBZC7RO

Your coin chute should connect to the top of this, the mech sits on it and the holder can be screwed into your cab.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 fruity2010

fruity2010

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

I've built my MFME front-end with Launchbox and Rocketlauncher - this provides zip (or 7z support) for roms, playlists and fade (so everything looks seemless) support - I'll post a video up In a day or so. :D

Edited by fruity2010, 08 August 2017 - 02:04 PM.

#122 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

I've built my MFME front-end with Launchbox and Rocketlauncher - this provides zip (or 7z support) for roms, playlists and fade (so everything looks seemless) support - I'll post a video up In a day or so. :D

Would be really interested to see this. I was looking at Launchbox and use Rocketlauncher with MAME. Look forward to seeing the video. Please post a link in here to it so I don't miss it. :)

#123 fruity2010

fruity2010

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vfHw25Gxr9g :)

Edited by fruity2010, 09 August 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#124 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

That looks mint, how did you do the animations, are they pre-recorded videos?

#125 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

They look it - watch the mouse pointer jump as one loops.

#126 fruity2010

fruity2010

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Yes they are temporary videos - I'll be replacing them soon. They were done with using the windows game bar (Win Button-G) as this was a quick way of getting them recorded (and grabbing a screen grab also :)

#127 fruity2010

fruity2010

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

Happy to share this btw (uses absolute paths so should migrate to any pc), I'm hoping it will be the start of a bigger preservation project as Launchbox provides a perfect platform for this....

Cheese

#128 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Night video... <<< cough >>> <<< cough >>> ...please ! ? :)

#129 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

Happy to share this btw (uses absolute paths so should migrate to any pc), I'm hoping it will be the start of a bigger preservation project as Launchbox provides a perfect platform for this....

Cheese

I'd love to have more info on setting up Launchbox with MFME. That front end looks brilliant! 

It would also be good (not sure if it's possible) to have somewhere on here to upload the video snaps for each machine?

And maybe a guide on how to do a video snap and then we can all help to make them.

Great work Fruity :)

Night video... <<< cough >>> <<< cough >>> ...please ! ? :)

Sorry Reg, I've still only got the photo. TBH, by the time it goes dark nowadays I'm normally just getting ready for my bed. But probably next weekend I'll be "up the pub" and be able to get a video if I think on! :)

#130 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

For those who've asked what buttons I've used on my cab. Here they are... :)

Attached File  buttons.JPG   219.09KB   1 downloads

#131 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Hey John. Apologies for my lack of feedback on your build. Been lurking in the background and following the threads, but not had the time to reply properly as yet. 

Just to say what everyone else already has said, your MFME cab looks great, and its great to see you finally complete it (minus some tweaks) and I feel humbled that I have helped in some ways, as others have to, to get you to where you are now.

Your payouts seem a lot 'smoother' than mine are, so maybe you could talk me through what you have done. Mine pays out all in one go after collecting the bank, but yours seems to pay the money in little bursts of £3 or £4 or so just like the real machine does and I prefer yours to mine.

When I build mine about 1 year ago now, I was building totally blind and I wish there was someone else who had built one so I could see what they had done, as I made a fair few mistakes on the way and a few things I wished I had added (such as a USB, Headphone jack at the front) but that being said, I play mine regularly and have a bar-stool next to it which makes it a lot more comfortable to play. There is now 93 games on mine all fully working, and I have a massive list of games still to add to it. The main thing I needed on mine was paying out and taking coins otherwise to me, it wouldn't be something I'd ever play, so it was something I set out to try and find a way of doing. And I'm glad I've been able to help otehrs get that side of things working too. Again, feel humbled that other people are now taking these cabs on and I love seeing what people are creating.

Great stuff,

Jamie

#132 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Hey John. Apologies for my lack of feedback on your build. Been lurking in the background and following the threads, but not had the time to reply properly as yet. 

Just to say what everyone else already has said, your MFME cab looks great, and its great to see you finally complete it (minus some tweaks) and I feel humbled that I have helped in some ways, as others have to, to get you to where you are now.

Your payouts seem a lot 'smoother' than mine are, so maybe you could talk me through what you have done. Mine pays out all in one go after collecting the bank, but yours seems to pay the money in little bursts of £3 or £4 or so just like the real machine does and I prefer yours to mine.

When I build mine about 1 year ago now, I was building totally blind and I wish there was someone else who had built one so I could see what they had done, as I made a fair few mistakes on the way and a few things I wished I had added (such as a USB, Headphone jack at the front) but that being said, I play mine regularly and have a bar-stool next to it which makes it a lot more comfortable to play. There is now 93 games on mine all fully working, and I have a massive list of games still to add to it. The main thing I needed on mine was paying out and taking coins otherwise to me, it wouldn't be something I'd ever play, so it was something I set out to try and find a way of doing. And I'm glad I've been able to help otehrs get that side of things working too. Again, feel humbled that other people are now taking these cabs on and I love seeing what people are creating.

Great stuff,

Jamie

Thanks Jamie for your kind words. As you know, I certainly wouldn't have managed to build mine and get it all working without your help.

The software on mine works by reading the memory address 0x96e0a4.

I've spoken to Wizard and he's happy for people to know what address holds the value to pay out. Although he has said that this address may change in the next version of the software.

The software I wrote takes a snapshot of the value at this address when the machine starts.

It then continually compares the value at this address to see if it has incremented.

If the value increases it keeps monitoring it until it reaches £1 at which point it instructs the £1 hopper to pay out 1 coin and deducts that amount from the total that the value has incremented.

If the software polls the value at the address a couple of times and it hasn't changed then it pays out the rest in 10p's.

So.... here's an example of a pay out.....

I win £1.60

The value at the address counts up 10... 20.... 30.... 40.... (at this point my software is just taking the original value of the address away from the new value to calculate the amount it should pay out - but it's not paid anything out at this point)... 50... 60... 70... (it obviously can't  pay out whilst this is going on as it would end up just telling the 10p hopper to pay out 3 coins, then 2 coins, then 3 coins, the 1 coin. etc all the way to £1.60).... 80,.... 90..... 100.... at this point I know that I've won at least a pound so I instruct the £1 hopper to pay a coin out and deduct the 100 from the total... 10....20...30....40....50....60....60.....60.... (at this point the count hasn't changed so I know that I can now pay out 6 coins from the 10p hopper and that's the final amount paid).

My software also monitors that the £1 hopper pays out the coin and, if not, it sends instructions to the 10p hopper to pay out 10 coins and alerts the user that the £1 hopper is empty with a verbal message.

The software was my first attempt at C++ and it seems to work ok. I sent it to Wizard just in case he was interested and I've not heard back so I presume he's still pissing his pants at it but.... it does get the job done! lol :) :) :)

If you need more info Jamie then please let me know. 

Cheers

John :)

#133 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

Thanks John, mine works in a similar way except I don't have the bit that spits out a £1 every time the meter counts up to 10. Instead mine waits for a change in the OUT figure, then starts monitoring every second or so to see if the amount is still increasing. Once it stops increasing, my program determines how much the difference is, turns that figure into a £1 and 10p figure and starts the hoppers one after the other. So basically mine waits until everything is finished before paying any money out. On machines where a SEC meter is not used, there can be a large delay in pressing collect to the machine spitting out coins, especially on large banks.. I prefer your way so will implement that when I next get a chance. Cheers for the info. And yes, I also use that address to monitor the OUT figure  :cute:

Edited by No1Stoney, 15 August 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#134 slasherx2

slasherx2

• Regulars
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

Night video? No excuse now apart from its bloody cold :p

#135 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Night video? No excuse now apart from its bloody cold :p

Hi Slasher, I did do a video for Reg at night time. It's here if you wanted to see it : 

:)

#136 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

Hey John, just so you know, to avoid having to press the 3 buttons to make the layout fullscreen, you can have mGalaxy launch MFME the same way as you do now but add a "4" (without quotes) to the end of the command line.

That way MFME will start fullscreen (think it stretches it to fit too) with the desired layout

For example: "F:\MFME 5\MFME.exe" "F:\MFME 5\Roms\Grid Runner\GridRunnerDx.gam" 4

Edited by No1Stoney, 11 November 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#137 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hey John, just so you know, to avoid having to press the 3 buttons to make the layout fullscreen, you can have mGalaxy launch MFME the same way as you do now but add a "4" (without quotes) to the end of the command line.

That way MFME will start fullscreen (think it stretches it to fit too) with the desired layout

For example: "F:\MFME 5\MFME.exe" "F:\MFME 5\Roms\Grid Runner\GridRunnerDx.gam" 4

That's great to know. I'll give it a go. Thanks Jamie :)

#138 pinallthetime

pinallthetime

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

trying to implement the number 4 to go full screen.  In mGalaxy runway program where do I add the 4?  or how do I edit the command line?

#139 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

I'll be honest I have never used mgalaxy so I'm not sure. Just assumed that to launch mfme with a certain .gam file, mgalaxy would use command line.

The example I posted works if you was to add it to a .bat file and run it or if you create a shortcut to mfme and use that I'm the target file box

#140 slime

slime

• Bronze Supporters
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

New here but this thread is awesome. Im looking for a home made fruit emu and I think I just found inspiration!! Really wanted to run on a rpi but a Windows PC May just be easier. I love your cab but the button placement issue - would a win 10 touchscreen make it any easier? The only thing is you then lose the proper push of a proper tactile fruity button. Not sure. I think your build is awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users