Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

MFME cabinet build - the project begins.....

Best Answer No1Stoney, 05 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

Coin Mech holder if you need one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...KoAAOSwONBZC7RO

Your coin chute should connect to the top of this, the mech sits on it and the holder can be screwed into your cab.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#81 evo1

evo1

• Regulars
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

Fairplay to you for taking on a mammoth task and succeeding with what you have today, That is absolute quality.

Now if you would be so kind as to take it all apart and start again with a bit by bit video,lets say 30min videos with links to parts and any difficulties you have encountered along way.

So we can all have one :notworthy:

#82 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

Looking good Uptown!! Looking forward to the video.

I doff my cap to you!!! Looks great.
poker

#83 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

Fairplay to you for taking on a mammoth task and succeeding with what you have today, That is absolute quality.

Now if you would be so kind as to take it all apart and start again with a bit by bit video,lets say 30min videos with links to parts and any difficulties you have encountered along way.

So we can all have one :notworthy:

Thanks evo1 - stripping it all down as I type mate. :)

Seriously though, if you do want any help/advice then I'm more than happy to help in anyway I can. I learnt everything from the likes of No1 Stoney, Reg, Wizard, Andy et al and I'm more than happy to pass it on. 

Just ask through the forum mucker and I'll do what I can :)

Looking good Uptown!! Looking forward to the video.

I doff my cap to you!!! Looks great.

Thanks cod. Cheers :)

#84 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

Great looking build! Don't worry about the wiring, yours is so much tidier than mine is. Not sure what machines/era you want to have on your cab. but I can send you the 94 games I've converted with coin buttons and remapped keyboard shortcuts. Only thing with that is that you will have to stick with the same keyboard shortcuts I use for my cab. And that might not be suitable for you. Although would still save you the job of adding the coin inpouts to those machine. They are all MPU4/Scorp4 onwards, so nothing really old. Anyway offers there if you want it.

#85 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

That's a great offer, thanks :) :)
Would love to take you up on it. It would be really handy even if only to see what "buttons" equate to 10p, 20p etc on each machine. Thanks No1, yer a star! :)

#86 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

Well done on completing the hardware build, looks great. I guess that is of course 3/4 of it, because you do still need to map the buttons for layouts, particularly those that don't have standard buttons. I would imagine that the older techs, without lots of buttons, might be the easiest way to start. It's not until you look at these things, you realise just how many different configurations there are. 

Anyway, really looking forward to the videos, not only any build one, but also seeing some sort of front end and machines being played.

#87 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

A big thanks to No1Stoney (again) for sending me his collection of games. It's going to save me lots of time and trouble on the set up.

Well done on completing the hardware build, looks great. I guess that is of course 3/4 of it, because you do still need to map the buttons for layouts, particularly those that don't have standard buttons. I would imagine that the older techs, without lots of buttons, might be the easiest way to start. It's not until you look at these things, you realise just how many different configurations there are. 

Anyway, really looking forward to the videos, not only any build one, but also seeing some sort of front end and machines being played.

You're absolutey correct wearecity. The build is really only half of it, but at least I can start playing on it now. I'll just gradually work away at the games as and when. :)

#88 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

If it's anything like sorting out the game manager in MFME, you'll find it'll be 95% setting up/fixing/changing/configuring things and 5% if you're lucky playing.

#89 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

If it's anything like sorting out the game manager in MFME, you'll find it'll be 95% setting up/fixing/changing/configuring things and 5% if you're lucky playing.

We'll see but, at the moment, (touch wood) it's been all plain sailing. No1Stoney sent me a lot of systems with all the work done and it's only been taking me around 15 minutes (if that) to set up a new game so it's happy days! :)

#90 Robbiev

Robbiev

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

Fantastic !!! well done looks amazing

We can all learn from Your attention to detail, love your wiring and interior layout very tidy 

Your the man with all the answers for all us guys just starting out on our builds ( for me when the weather cools down as its 40 over here at the moment )

Nice work my friend  :spinny:

#91 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Fantastic !!! well done looks amazing

We can all learn from Your attention to detail, love your wiring and interior layout very tidy 

Your the man with all the answers for all us guys just starting out on our builds ( for me when the weather cools down as its 40 over here at the moment )

Nice work my friend  :spinny:

Thanks Robbie. More than happy to help you out as much as I can when your temperature gets a bit more reasonable :)

I'll planning on doing a video (or two) on the build as well so hopefully that might give you some ideas when you come to build yours. Look forward to seeing it mate :)

#92 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

Ah yes - but everything is perfectly aligned - all details filled out and setup as it should be.

All the corners squared, T's crossed and I's dotted...

...every layout is PERFECT everything is OCD'd!

You know that the once layout in that menu that has something different sits out like a blight for you and must be cured.

Does this help if you suffer from OCD ?

#93 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Brilliant uptown. Like your buttons aswell. That wiring is a true professional job. Got my 12v box now. Just need to have some spare time. I can't wait to see what your finished frontend will look like..... waiting with baited breath...

#94 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Thanks Andy
I've also found out that you can run a "script" from mGalaxy under certain circumstances (i.e. Closing a game to open another) as per our last conversation. I'll look into it when I have time (probably next week) and if I manage to get something sorted I'll let you know mate. :)

#95 Marlon36

Marlon36

• Regulars
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:28 AM

Looks fab - well done! :thumbs_up:

#96 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hopefully going to try and make a video or two this weekend to show the cabinet and hopefully help anyone else wanting to have a go. I'm pretty clueless at making videos so it'll just be me rabitting on holding my phone but we'll see how it turns out.

They will be useful if you're going to have a go at building one as you will be able to see more from the video than you can with just photos.

If you want to see anything specific just let me know.

:)

Edited by uptown47, 02 August 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#97 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

That dear chap, is quality  well done!  I'm impressed, very neat and professional.

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#98 uptown47

uptown47

• Regulars
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

Well, as promised, here's my first attempt at a video about the cabinet build.

I'll try and get another one showing it running.

I hope this is useful to those people who are thinking of tackling their own project.

If anyone needs any specific info then please just let me know and I'll do what I can.

:)

#99 Reg

Reg

DONE AND FINISHED

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Very impressive.

Great work - great work.

Looking forward to the next video.

#100 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

Good job!! Nicely done, looking forward to see how it plays!!
poker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users