- - - - -

Biggest Shock on a Fruitie!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yep, well ive probably put £5 if not less over the past 5 months,Fiver being mostly on drinks from a vending machine and maybe a pound in a 5p play crazy fruits, I only ever nip into an arcade to see whos in there if im passing, any other time I dont bother, I had proper urges to go about a month into it, if I sat down at home on a nice day with nothing to do I couldnt get the idea of the arcade out of my head, just kept my head up and ignored it and its gone away now :)

Well done lad. Gambling addiction is a bizarre thing, because you think you will never get over it, but will-power is all it takes. I have to say though that I am pleased the machines moved on, I don't even understand the newer ones anymore.

I did go to the Mecca meet back in June and really enjoyed my day, but it was very weird going in tooled up to actually play machines again. That first 10 pence into exchanges unlimited was a very peculiar feeling. After the day had finished I had my memories and that was enough, it didn't trigger a desire to go and shove hundreds into some box with el beardy twatto's face on it.

bj

#22 fitzynkaz

fitzynkaz

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

my first ever go on a fruity was on 'rollercoaster' i think i put £1 in on 10p play £250 jackpot and it put me on the board { like a snake trail } and gave me a feature of lucky dip on a 1 now you could press go to advance up the board or gamble on the number to jump up the board without going round me being a novice collected lucky dip and a mate was screaming higher higher anyway it flashed 4 cherries then a few more 4 reel wins but i diddnt know how to collect then 4 ducks so i leaned on the machine pressing all buttons at once and got the 4 ducks ......cashpot £250 went to the bar and they said we have to take it off u as u are not a member lol lets just say they had more chance of platting fog lol

#23 thegambler

thegambler

The Daddy

• Regulars
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Sticking my last and only £1 in a clubber (can't remember anything about the machine lol), after playing snooker with my brother whilst waiting for him to take the balls back to the bar... first 3 spins nothing.... next spin, triple bar on winline on reels 1 and four, and just above winline on reels 2 and 3.... so close I thought, then it flashes up 2 nudges... nudge in all four triple bars but can't see what the prize should be... bank is going up and up... call my brother over, he can't see either... went totally numb, it only stops on £200 quid. RESULT.
Barman comes over with a tray and some small cashbags, "sorry mate, you have to collect and I can't change it into notes for you", so everyone in the place knows I just hit the jackpot (it made a hell of a racket too lol)...then the manager came over and got me notes out of the safe. Never went back lol

#24 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

The biggest shock I ever had was whilst playing a Sheik Yer Money. The machine was playing awful and I just kept getting bonus nudges and then LOSE.

So after around £40 I decided as all I was actually getting was the nudges I would just bring the JP symbols round. Eventually I got step to nearest win, but needed 2 bonus nudges.

The shock of what it did ( I still cannot believe this) I landed on the 2 bonus nudges and as I used my second nudge and put the JP on the line to make it £15 JP for nearest, the machine nudged it off the win line.

I literally stood there for about 5 mins in shock, re tracing it all and making sure it wasn't me as surely it cant of just done that! It did and I was gobsmacked. Never seen anything like that before.

Had a few snap numbers, like King to a King on Powerspin (JPM) and Big Bankers with no tokens but not anything like that.

The machine was always fair before and after that so I really do not know what that was about.

Weird things do happen though. In the arcade I have seen our Rocket Money (Barcrest) give £20 off a streak and then delete £11. I saw it as the chap who got it said he wouldn't of know how to explain it! It hasn't done it since then (so about a year now).

You guys must of seen the fault with Caesar s Palace (Ace) when the bank keeps counting up & up & up - you literally cant stop it. When you reset the machine the roms have wiped. There are so many bugs in software.

Edited by treasure island, 25 September 2012 - 11:59 PM.

www.reelfruits.co.uk ~ Keeping it reel

#25 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Had a shocker on my old BTQ. I only needed 1 more super ko to get the btq streak. Got myself between 2 supers kos and 1 super ko (2 squares between them) and used taxi. Left, right, left, right..................................................................... left, right and it just stopped. Get out of that one, urr, it just did :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#26 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

New machine went into the local 'ex-servicemans's club earlier in the week, a Deal Or No Deal 'Red Mist'.

Now, I don't play machines at the moment. I say I've given up, but I've had more lapses than I care to remember over the years... but dad had a few quid in this particular machine while I was playing rummy with mum. Anyway, he calls me over when he gets a board, because he likes my advice. He got up to £4 and got a question mark. Not an IM or anything, just a normal board. I told him that if it were me, I'd Cash or Bust. I rarely played DOND in the wild as I didn't trust the bloody things (certainly more recent, did have a soft spot for some of the older versions), but having owned several DOND machines, Cash or Bust is often good for a quick profit - on the £70 profile it quite often gives £20 > £40 when ready, so if it's a cheap board and offering ? early I'd often go for it.

Anyway - he presses it, I watch the lights dapple... I assume it's lose as I can't see it... then notice it's the £100 on the cash ladder. OK, it's a £250 version on 25p/50p/£1 stakes, but I shit you not I was gobsmacked, and very nearly spat my mouthful of mild on the glass in shock.

All credit to the old man for getting it, and so cheaply - but in my mind, it totally undervalues the point of having a board. What is the point in having the feature board, 'DOND' feature, and all the other gubbins, if it'll just drop £100 from a single button anyway?

Yeah, that's my biggest surprise, and it happened in the past hour :)

Edited by Bencrest, 28 September 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users