Biggest Shock on a Fruitie!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 badboyckd

badboyckd

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 04:20 PM

...and I don't mean the static variety for all you shell-suit wearers out there.

I played a Barcrest Arabian Nights and had the Reel Roulette feature. I collected it and gambled (I wanted to lose to get STNW for £10) but it won so I gambled again to try to get to Seven Stepper (again for the £10). This time I lost and so I was left with Reel Roulette which incredibly gave me the JP. Amazing. And it definitely wasn't an IM or anything like that.

#2 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 04:59 PM

Was it streaking?

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 07:05 PM

Ive had similar things happen on machines, often barcrest, with the Reel Blasts, where ive taken a small amount [i.e 4], and been given a JP for no reason...although the last time was on a Big Brother machine...
Wasnt IM, and didnt stay to see if it was streaking, it was in a craphole lol :)

BarcrestBenito

#4 badboyckd

badboyckd

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:14 PM

no, the Arabian nights wasn't streaking. I had tried for the streak and it gave me one JP and then died for about £6. It then gave me this JP off reel roulette and that was it, the machine still played dead.

#5 stuart

stuart

• New Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:19 PM

Years ago, I was playing a 4-reel BellFruit Club machine - can't remember what it was called now. I had been steadily losing even on 1's & 12's (yes, you could go higher than a 1 and get another 1, which lost!) so I was about to give it up as a bad job. On my very last credit I got onto the feature trail and managed to reach the dizzy heights of the second feature from the bottom, which was a reel blast kind of thing. As I was on a 6 I took it. The 9 fruits in view on the first 3 reels flashed and you hit the button for a 3-in-a-line win. (The fourth reel was not included in the feature as there was a similar 4-in-a-line feature further up the ladder.) Anyway, one of the symbols in view was a Bell for £20 and, to my astonishment, this was what I was given; so reels 1 - 3 respan to three Bells. However, it didn't end there because the fourth reel happened to be on a Bell already - so in the end I got the £150 JP, from the second-bottom feature.

#6 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 01:04 PM

I had a similar thing with Psycho Cash Beast club for £250

I had two jackpot symbols on the line and used my nudges to bring the third into view (on the right hand side) i had three knockouts so i decided to use them and got as far as the second or third zone and the feature step to nearest win. When i looked down at the cash amounts i could not see the nearest win lighting up yet i remembered that the £10 win led was missing so i took the feature expecting a tenner but it brought in the jps and four of em for £250.

Another story same club different machine, I cant remember the name but its based on set of reels at the top with beach balls on and 1 line full is £50 two is jackpot.

The machine had been backing for days and it wasnt giving anything bigger than a fiver each time. After about 4 quid i finally managed to get on the board for the first time and after spinning the number reel i landed on cash knockout which offers one knockout on the cash ladder.

The machine does the knockout for you so its a case of collect it or carry on for more, Anyway the knockout went straight to the jackpot (which at the time was only £75 but it was a 5p machine)

I rarely go back to the club now to play since they changed both machines, they are now crown jewels (5p £75) and Golden Dragon (20p £250) they are both a load of cak and 9/10 times the good old 3 or 2 goes to a 1 and 10 or 11 will go to a 12 even with 6 steps.

Bring back the good old days when you could walk into a pub with a tenner and get a streak of £75....

Paul
N/A

#7 pash

pash

Old fart

• Regulars
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 05:26 PM

Ahhh those were the days walking into the boozer sticking a couple of quid in and getting 3 or 4 £15 jackpots to fund the evenings beer.

Since the introduction of the £25 JP machines i dont know about you but the machines are never as much fun, i would much rather get 2 £15 jp`s 5 quid apart thn get one £25 quid and then bugger all. I maybe just be sad but i dont just play these for money i like to have "fun" whilst filling my wallet (well trying anyway :D )

#8 RoadRunner

RoadRunner

• New Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:52 PM

Ive had a quite a few really good wins (say bout 40 quid at least more than i put in) from fruit machines (mainly lo-techs - oxo club, golden game and party time arena are usually my best) but my biggest shock was a club caesers palace that was in our staff canteen (10p a go £150jp - but has since been replaced with a club ooh ahh dracula)

The guy b4 me had been playing for a while, he had said hed only stuck a tenner in and had landed on 25 nudges but the spin after had killed him and couldnt be bothered to waste any money trying again, so i plopped my quid in, 2 spins i get 3 diamonds on the win line for £8 on a 1, went hi landed on 12, went lo went to a 7. So im on £15 thinking shall i take cash or exchange for feature. I decided to exchange.

I had £15 on the cash stack, 6 nudges in the nudge stack, on Sevens heaven on the feature stack and 6 win spins. I spin and land on caesers palace, now i know if it lands on caesers palace on the first spin that its 9/10 gonna be a pretty crappy game on the feature board but decided to stick with it... Kept going, NO cash, NO nudges kept landing on caesers palace or ?'s giving me caesers palace.... cool... extra life at last... Doesnt add anything, keeps landing on ?'s and giving me bingo.... eventually get both bingo lines lit up... Cool, will treble everything i land on!! then, Land on 2 win spins, goes from 6 to 30 win spins.... next spin, lands on 1 win spin YAYYYYYYY £150jp 8O not bad!! £149 profit :p :p

THEN, 2 weeks later (not playing it since my last jp) i put a fiver in and again on winspins (but not so long-arsed about getting it this time) got the jp!! £145 profit - total in £6 total out £300

#9 pash

pash

Old fart

• Regulars
  • 440 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 09:32 PM

One that came as quite a shock for me was that on a machine that is getting on a bit these days "hot property" the first feauture on the trail is called hells bells and if you are lucky enough to get it (it usually starts you past it) it gives you 3 bells which is the jackpot!

#10 Woz18

Woz18

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 02:19 PM

A couple here.

One night I went into my local city centre on the piss, walked into a club at about 8pm which had 2 machines inside. Walked out at 2am with over £200 in my pocket and about another £60 spent on beer. Just walked between the 2 and they both streaked twice each for about £250 between them. Good night, although rare for a £25 jackpot to pay that much twice on one evening.

And about a week ago, I was playing Club Cluedo and took £75 out of it from 16 knockouts. Changed £70 behind the bar, put £1 in Club Monty Pythons Flying Circus and on the last go pressed start and it rolled in £100 straight up. Went higher on a 2 and I got it. Was pretty amazed at that.

#11 fieldsy

fieldsy

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 08:44 AM

Hastings Pier, I went to play an each way nudger and hadn't noticed the roof had been leaking on the machine, it was the biggest shock I ever had as it threw me clear across the arcade.

:D

#12 skybrett

skybrett

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

ok no word of a lie, i swear on my life. went into the local snooker club, played snooker had a few beers. as i was paying for the table and had about 10p in change plus 5 2p's. chnged p the 2p's for a ten and put it in the fruit machine by the exit (nice positioning lol) dropped four cashpots straight in! nearly pissed myself lol. my mates still talk about that one. the machine. i cant remember the name of the machine altho it had bingo cards on it. 200 squids! cheers mines a pint :)

#13 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

...and the award for resurrecting the oldest thread goes to....

xeepi_logo_email.png

#14 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

...and the award for resurrecting the oldest thread goes to....

Hahaa , ooops i never even noticed that when i approved the post...

I bumped a really old one myself the other day from 2005 , at least that was kinda new..

Edit : Just realised this thread was started on my birthday , when i turned 33 lol , ive just turned 42. :/
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#15 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Was looking at some 2002 threads today over at FF (say it quietly) trying to find out what the mystery layouts were and how many were there. I only have one, which is a Line Up. There was some member by the name of daryl lees posting on the threads who has since closed his account, looked like a well dodgy geezer to me. :p

bj

#16 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

I had no excuse then did I?

I had forgotten my password for the 'Daryl Lees' account on FF when I very first started FME (2002 eh?) so I got Alex (Chopley) to close the account and I just started the 'Daryl' name on all forums from 2003.

I had my full name for the username on all FME accounts in 2002... MPU World, PoundRun, even on the Mecca it was my full name, until I asked Pete to change it for me. :)

Them were the days mate. :)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#17 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

I was playing a Big Gholies (Gemini MK2) about christmas time, I only remeber it because it third time held Jackpot for £35 and repeted.

about 10 mins later I got a feature (crazy reels) which gave me 14 nudges which nudges automatically, it gave ... [Jackpot]--[Jackpot]-[??????] then ran out of nudges 2 away from jackpot and just stopped...

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#18 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

I had no excuse then did I?

I had forgotten my password for the 'Daryl Lees' account on FF when I very first started FME (2002 eh?) so I got Alex (Chopley) to close the account and I just started the 'Daryl' name on all forums from 2003.

I had my full name for the username on all FME accounts in 2002... MPU World, PoundRun, even on the Mecca it was my full name, until I asked Pete to change it for me. :)

Them were the days mate. :)

Indeed Daryl - I just assumed you were one of them dodgy types who sets up multiple accounts under different nicks. At least you didn't have some melodramatic quit thread going on, nor were you banned, unlike most who do such things.

bj

I was playing a Big Gholies (Gemini MK2) about christmas time, I only remeber it because it third time held Jackpot for £35 and repeted.

about 10 mins later I got a feature (crazy reels) which gave me 14 nudges which nudges automatically, it gave ... [Jackpot]--[Jackpot]-[??????] then ran out of nudges 2 away from jackpot and just stopped...

Have you still quit Cardie - you must be doing really well now?

bj

#19 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Indeed Daryl - I just assumed you were one of them dodgy types who sets up multiple accounts under different nicks. At least you didn't have some melodramatic quit thread going on, nor were you banned, unlike most who do such things.

bj

To be honest BJ mate, I really don't think I could manage to set up multiple accounts... I am all on remembering who I am half the time on these ones mate! :p
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#20 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Have you still quit Cardie - you must be doing really well now?

bj

Yep, well ive probably put £5 if not less over the past 5 months,Fiver being mostly on drinks from a vending machine and maybe a pound in a 5p play crazy fruits, I only ever nip into an arcade to see whos in there if im passing, any other time I dont bother, I had proper urges to go about a month into it, if I sat down at home on a nice day with nothing to do I couldnt get the idea of the arcade out of my head, just kept my head up and ignored it and its gone away now :)

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users