Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Player 1, it's you, lets emulate Party Time...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:38 AM

What a minter

#42 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

What a munter

#43 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

One thing I HAVE noticed though, is there seems to be people who don't comment about things very often, suddenly having a voice..... so who's after the limelight?

It would seem to be people with brown tongues as far as I can see!

Well said chasbons

#44 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

One thing I HAVE noticed though, is there seems to be people who don't comment about things very often, suddenly having a voice..... so who's after the limelight?

It would seem to be people with brown tongues as far as I can see!

For those who feel the need to reply, please do so, but you will get no response as I really couldn't care less about this fiasco, oh and not nice is it when the boots on the other foot!

is this aimed at me?

right or wrong, Guitar quit as a direct result of public right to air views.

#45 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

The problem is, i think, is that we have a new emulator. whether you can run it or not, its there.. maybe in a year or two other members will be able to run it when they upgrade their computers.. however the current release is great, as far as im concerned, however there is obviously bits that need sorting out. I dont particulaly care for online play, or bells and whistles, i really dont, i just care about having a community of people, some of whom i regard as friends and for new layouts every now and then (hopefully some more from myself). 

I think that everyone has thrown their dolls out the pram, purely because we have something, something that can be great.. but its not quite there yet, but the creator of said creation has mentioned about starting a new project before wrapping up this one. 

Now i couldn't care less if guitar has had enough of Amber 2, im not him.. none of us are (except him) haha.. so we dont know what the real issues are, if hes just bored of Amber 2, cant work out some coding, I dont know, i dont care, but I respect his right to do what he pleases.

I think if Guitar had actually mentioned about hanging up Amber 2 for a while.. I dont think anyone would mind, but to not say anything about Amber 2 for a while in regards to updates, and then out of the blue mention about spending a fair amount of time on a "New" emulator.. I can see why people have gotten a bit funny. 

Basically I can see where each side is coming from.. I just hope Guitar can see past the present and look to the future and perhaps get Amber 2 where it should be (at the top somewhere) and 'then' look to emulate more techs. 

#46 jimmy_jack

jimmy_jack

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

Basically guitar had enough along time ago and he was looking for a way out. He was becoming more and more scarce in the past year, here and on other forums. This was his chance to get out and he took it unfortunately.

#47 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:46 PM

So you are saying he'd had enough and thought he'd post this out of the blue because he knew how some people would react?     Sounds like a conspiracy theory.   Surely he would have just said 'I'm done with this shit'.

I hope this isn't the case and he will be back.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#48 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:57 PM

So you are saying he'd had enough and thought he'd post this out of the blue because he knew how some people would react?     Sounds like a conspiracy theory.   Surely he would have just said 'I'm done with this shit'.

I hope this isn't the case and he will be back.

J

That was his trouble... Both Amber 1 and Amber 2 weren't finished!

He has a brilliant brain, but his downfall is not completing fully what he already starts, goes on a tangent and then tries to add more complications to an idea that hasn't sometimes even gotten off the ground properly.

Yes, he asked about Astra tech - but I'm sure, like he always has before with FME history, just ignore any suggestions anyway and then go his own way with it.

Wasn't it just a few months ago he said he wouldn't do Astra and current techs anyway because of the 'legal' technicalities that may arise doing that?

#49 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:32 PM

is this aimed at me?

right or wrong, Guitar quit as a direct result of public right to air views.

No mate not at all, with 4150 posts you're not exactly quiet lol

#50 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

Yes, like I said (and I believe you are like me too) that I wouldn't be a minion when I made my post...

The trouble is, if it had been left to some in the scene many years ago, we would probably have only been getting MPU5 by now, if that - and to be honest if things went the way they were heading, there wouldn't even have been a scene left at all.

Guitar, like I have said is a very talented lad - but once again showed the true coders colours with the 'f**k it - I quit' post - the time-in-memorable quote that happens when some people dare say anything that may differ in their opinion to the emulator creator.

It happened with Wizard, with DialTone and now with Guitar... 

MAME gets on with it - there is a community there, so that if one leaves, it’ll still be being worked on - it is team effort - many people, myself included, don't have to code to contribute to a scene... Donations to keep sites going, contributions to ROMS, jpegs, flyers, community buys - even just posting - each person contributes to FME in their own way.

We aren't all uniform - we all don't have the same opinion, as seeing as though this has always been an FME forum (well it was when I signed up 13 years ago and was a Moderator here) - then we can all voice an opinion. 

So - my post was legitimate - along with others who have posted - concerning the Amber emulator. It doesn't function as it should (because it was released in beta for the community to work on, which a lot of people did, especially over at DAD's FME forums, but most couldn't get the emulator to work at all because of incompatible hardware on their PCs - it hadn't even been tested on Windows 10 - and seeing as though Guitar said you needed a latest specs, upgraded RAM or even a new PC, then on Windows - 10 is the only operating system you get now!).

When people were saying things about the emulator, after a few tweaks, and things still weren't working, then the chestnut about upgrading your PC was again thrown in (which leads to the fact that again you've got to have Windows 10 as it is the latest operating system, and it hadn't even been tested on that prior to release - and many weren't able to play it then)

I have never sought 'limelight' whatsoever in FME circles... I've always got on with the vast majority of members throughout the FME forums - but I have always spoken my mind when I feel that it should be...

I'm sorry if some of you don't like that - but I'm not going to change - and if criticism is due, to anybody... I will give it, the same as I do thanking for layouts, praise for the good people do for FME in general and also love for the support the majority of you have all given me these past few years.

FME and Fruit-Emu inparticular, as always been a team to me, but like most teams, disagreements break out - it is all part of the game of working together and the quicker some coders who have come and gone can grasp that, the better for FME

Peace and love guys

Daryl x

Cracking post Daryl and you are correct that we are alike in loads of ways.

Unlike you though, I can only be polite for so long and then the sh1t hits the fan.

My initial posts about all this were never posted in anger or meant to have a go at Guitar personally.  I just failed then and still do now, to see the point in embarking on something so massive, before Amber2 was more sorted.

Anyway it all over and done with now as far as I can see.  Guitar has seen his @rse and buggered off, good on him if that's what he wants to do, but I won't be blamed for having a part in his demise, it's his choice to do so and I would hardly think that a few statements from an old queen would have any bearing on his decision.  :p

#51 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

Cracking post Daryl and you are correct that we are alike in loads of ways.

Unlike you though, I can only be polite for so long and then the sh1t hits the fan.

My initial posts about all this were never posted in anger or meant to have a go at Guitar personally.  I just failed then and still do now, to see the point in embarking on something so massive, before Amber2 was more sorted.

Anyway it all over and done with now as far as I can see.  Guitar has seen his @rse and buggered off, good on him if that's what he wants to do, but I won't be blamed for having a part in his demise, it's his choice to do so and I would hardly think that a few statements from an old queen would have any bearing on his decision.  :p

True, very amusing and impressed that you managed to use the words, @rse, buggered and old queen in one sentence without being censored :biglaugh: !!!! Well done that man!!!

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#52 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:48 AM

True, very amusing and impressed that you managed to use the words, @rse, buggered and old queen in one sentence without being censored :biglaugh: !!!! Well done that man!!!

I hadn't realised, maybe it was a slip of the tongue  :p

#53 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:32 AM

So Gentleman, where do we go from here?

im guessing that MAME has picked up huge progress (especially in light of a DOND release and also the news i read yesterday the security has no been cracked), also we have `a` platform that we can run epoch on?

any more releases from the Nick camp ?

Edited by nails, 11 September 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#54 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

im guessing that MAME has picked up huge progress (especially in light of a DOND release and also the news i read yesterday the security has no been cracked), also we have `a` platform that we can run epoch on?

Is there an forum link for Mame discussion on fruit machine progress? On FE or MAME forums?

In regards to Guitar, good luck in whatever you do in the future. You gave us the tech you promised which is more than most have. No early emulator release works on low power PC's. This comes much later when the code has been optimized.

Edited by c0nfu53d, 11 September 2016 - 01:12 PM.

#55 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

In regards to Guitar, good luck in whatever you do in the future. You gave us the tech you promised which is more than most have. No early emulator release works on low power PC's. This comes much later when the code has been optimized.

'US' being the minority?

I'm confused by this, the last tech I saw 'promised' was delivered (though alas a bit sooner to 'the masses' than the creator hoped for).

Also, I totally agree with when a platform becomes stable......but as this thread stated, the coder washed his hands and went onto another project so where is the stability?

I love FME it's a pastime I/we have a mutual interest in.

It was said 'Brown nose's' that popped-up earlier...........ffs half of those haven't ever loaded Guitars creation as they can't!!!.....yet they still 'give'th to the lord'....sorry I can see sod-all and I have a fairly 'ok' PC.

#56 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

any more releases from the Nick camp ?

Possibly, Havent had chance to scratch my @rse at the mo. but im changing jobs so should have a bit more time in the evenings.

Trouble im having is finding the resources (Like decent flyers etc)

#57 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

Is there an forum link for Mame discussion on fruit machine progress? On FE or MAME forums?

This thread over at DADs is the one being referred to

http://dadsfme.co.uk...php?topic=303.0

#58 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:07 AM

Well this has died a death since the thread over at Mecca started hasn't it!

Strange how Guitars 'crusaders of the cause' have suddenly gone very quiet over the last 2 days, maybe they have 'other things' to occupy them now?

#59 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

Most of us are here for emulation, so news of an new mfme is obviously going to attract a massive audience as it's what started the scene.

I genuinely hope Guitar returns, he's a contributor and also a coder, these are scarce. 

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#60 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

It's nothing personal against Guitar with the views on here, just the Amber emulators, most can't get it to even run, that is the main crux of it.  I'm sure Guitar will be back be a shame if he isn't.  No question he has talent it's just a shame most couldn't even witness it, me myself I have never even be able to get Amber (any versions) running ever on my PC!

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users