Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Player 1, it's you, lets emulate Party Time...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

Didn't they use pluto on the newer ones or am i imagining it. If info is still needed i can get it, maybe a pic or two as well.
Hold the bells mate.

#22 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:22 AM

Here's a link to a crapload of Astra machine manuals.  Must be something useful there.

http://dadsfme.co.uk....php?topic=51.0

#23 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

Really,Guitar you have been around the scene long enough to know how this would play out.The way of the world is to criticise no one can be happy about anything anymore. Go onto any forum for a newly released commercial game and see all the moaners that can't get the game to run mainly because they are too stupid or are using outdated equipment.It comes with the territory.That said i think the criticism you have received is completely unfair from beginning to end.The sense of entitlement is staggering.First you were encouraged to release the emu early then criticized because it wasn't all singing all dancing.Its not surprising in the least that you lost motivation,frankly who wouldn't.Its your choice and we must all respect it.Now all you happy campers lets find a way to piss off the people working on mame and you will have your wish of completely destroying the scene.

Thanks for the emu I for one have enjoyed playing the 3 layouts that are out there.

Good Luck .

I have only given my opinion, which is what a forum is for isn't it? n I wasn't rude, (unlike Guitar was.....  f*** FME, 99% ungrateful f***s..) I  just said what I felt and tried to keep it polite.

My opinion may differ from others on here, but I'm still allowed to have it.

I have no sense of entitlement as I haven't got and never have had, either Amber 1 or 2 on my pc, I tried to get the original one working but found it way to 'faffy' so binned it, and have since made it known on MANY occasions that I'm simply not interested in Amber 2.

So please don't try and lump everyone who doesn't agree with Guitar together, as it's both untrue and unfair.  Yes he is a VERY talented bloke and has done a great service for the scene, but he isn't some sort of God who everyone must blindly follow without question.

#24 Keith_S

Keith_S

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

I personally think that the future of FME lies in mame because it's open source, it's not going to go away, anyone can contribute and it doesn't 'belong' to anyone.

It's a shame, an obvious talent like Guitar could make a real contribution to pushing this forward.

#25 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:57 AM

Really,Guitar you have been around the scene long enough to know how this would play out.The way of the world is to criticise no one can be happy about anything anymore. Go onto any forum for a newly released commercial game and see all the moaners that can't get the game to run mainly because they are too stupid or are using outdated equipment.It comes with the territory.That said i think the criticism you have received is completely unfair from beginning to end.The sense of entitlement is staggering.First you were encouraged to release the emu early then criticized because it wasn't all singing all dancing.Its not surprising in the least that you lost motivation,frankly who wouldn't.Its your choice and we must all respect it.Now all you happy campers lets find a way to piss off the people working on mame and you will have your wish of completely destroying the scene.

Thanks for the emu I for one have enjoyed playing the 3 layouts that are out there.

Good Luck .

Oh damn.  Sorry.  You must have missed the 'it will take me two weeks to do this' and 'a month will be all it needs' etc etc etc.  You know all the self imposed deadlines and all the broken promises.  There  is a thread over 60 pages long including a hell of a lot of promises to the scene on what Guitar himself was going to deliver and what happened?  Yip the scene was let down again and again and again.  As mentioned no one has been rude here but Guitar.  If he can't stand the 'criticism' them maybe he should have looked at how he handled the PR side to his emulator.  It's okay wanting all the attention and glory that promising an emulator brings but sorry you have to accept the flip side when you don't pay out.

FME coders with bad PR..... who would have though it....  

#26 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

I have to say i'm very disappointed in the negative replies. 

It's a free country for sure, but we as individuals are responsible for our actions. and in this case, publically flaming the author - we can see it was not a good thing to do. Look at the result. Their is seemingly only a handful of originals here, and a few hundred tops of regulars, but for the love of god those remarks affect the whole community. 

Guitar, you have given the FME community something we had been waiting a long time for, and we our all grateful. Please try to understand some of the frustration in the thread and rise above it. Your emulator will be ready when its ready.

thats my 2p's worth, no more mediating from me.

#27 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

I have to say i'm very disappointed in the negative replies. 

It's a free country for sure, but we as individuals are responsible for our actions. and in this case, publically flaming the author - we can see it was not a good thing to do. Look at the result. Their is seemingly only a handful of originals here, and a few hundred tops of regulars, but for the love of god those remarks affect the whole community. 

Guitar, you have given the FME community something we had been waiting a long time for, and we our all grateful. Please try to understand some of the frustration in the thread and rise above it. Your emulator will be ready when its ready.

thats my 2p's worth, no more mediating from me.

here here nails. i agree with you!!

to all the "moaners" out there, if you dont like what guitar has done...........................then learn to code yourself and put somthing out there...............

Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#28 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

I have actually been probably the only person who can play the emulator, and I know I can play party time at Quicksilver. I will ask them which board it runs on but I know one of the machines is Party Zone. They have a lot of problems with old 10p's! Still glad to see Epoch machines are working, would like to see more Epoch layouts like meltdown, It Job 3, Duff Beer Guide etc.

#29 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

Indeed, Guitar would be a major asset to the MAMEFME project, imagine what these guys could do, Guitar, John, Keith and Agemame. 

I totally agree with Keith, MAME is the way forward mainly because it's open source, anyone can leave the scene but the project can live on through other passionate coders.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#30 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

MAMAMBER here we come lol,as was once said to me, there's no I in team and things get done and more accurately within teamwork.
I do hope when the dust settles from this Guitar will put his knowledge and skills into both amber and mame.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#31 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

I don't think you can just rename MAME fella ;)  Besides it's not fair on the fme guys that are actually working hard on that project already to rename it MAMAMBER !!

J

#32 AH765

AH765

• Regulars
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

Thank you for everything you have done Guitar. Your emulators are great and play fine on mine and quite a few peoples pc,s. I cannot believe how cruel people are being. Without Guitars hard work the fme scene would be near dead to the masses. He has done a sterling job of emulating techs such as system 83/85 as in cops and Robbers.Sorting out the sound on some MPU4 layouts To get epoch running is a fantastic achievement. I a,m very grateful to Guitar probably spending 10000's of hours coding Amber for all of our pleasures. He was probably gonna add the astra tech to Amber 2 anyway.  Im absolutely gutted at the stick some of you have dished out and I wonder if it is a cynical attempt to stop the masses from getting the newer techs and other unemulated techs because a certain inner circle have already got Wizards updated emulator and don't want others to get any progress. I can clearly see why he is thoroughly pissed off, all that bloody hard work for such an ungrateful response. Guitar there are so many others on here and around that truly appreciate the work you have done and fingers crossed you continue. Hopefully those of you that cannot run Amber2  at the moment will be able to at some point and be able to enjoy it.

#33 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

I can run Amber2, and there's just so many layouts to play on it..............ah wait a bit........

NQ.

#34 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

Sadly it's the same people again and again who turn up around release time and drive away anyone with something good to offer the scene.  We're talking about grown adults here, who seem desperate to commandeer things, elicit promises and then revel in the glory of being proved right when things don't turn out how they wanted.  The same people who think they deserve to be in the limelight, and who lick their lips at the prospect of getting the attention they so desperately crave at the expense of others.

The guy asked for a bit of info on a tech, and ends up leaving.  Well played, well f*****g played...

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#35 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:00 PM

Well sadly this thread turned out with a bitter twist to it. Yes Amber 2 doesn't work on all Pcs and perhaps starting another project straight away before sorting Amber 2 might not be to everyones liking.

That's it. Guitar has now other interests!!!!!

Guitar, if you're steam loco is 7 1/4 gauge, I have full access to a 3/4 mile track just north of Norwich, to which I look after the signals and comms, if you are interested.

Attached Files

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 09 September 2016 - 08:06 PM.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#36 Keith_S

Keith_S

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:12 PM

I hope that Guitar can contribute his talent to the mame project, it would be greatly appreciated.

The advantages are that you get to advance the scene without the pressure of having to take all the flak alone.

As fuzion said, with teamwork we could really make a difference.

#37 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:53 PM

FFS talk about pathetic!

People ARE allowed to have differing opinions you know.

I for one haven't slated what he's done just said IMO (which I'm allowed to have) that I think it better to get something working properly before embarking on something as big as Party Time.

I am NOT grateful for Amber 1 or 2 I have neither of them and again for the record

I HAVE NO INTEREST IN HAVING THEM!

I don't want any limelight either, just to be able to voice an opinion which may differ from other peoples, without being accused of it being more than it is and being called all sorts of sh1te!

One thing I HAVE noticed though, is there seems to be people who don't comment about things very often, suddenly having a voice..... so who's after the limelight?

It would seem to be people with brown tongues as far as I can see!

For those who feel the need to reply, please do so, but you will get no response as I really couldn't care less about this fiasco, oh and not nice is it when the boots on the other foot!

#38 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

Understood but maybe a little more tact when making the points would have led to a discussion rather than the actual outcome which whilst not necessarily intended is somewhat detrimental to the scene generally.

#39 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:37 AM

FFS talk about pathetic!

People ARE allowed to have differing opinions you know.

I for one haven't slated what he's done just said IMO (which I'm allowed to have) that I think it better to get something working properly before embarking on something as big as Party Time.

I am NOT grateful for Amber 1 or 2 I have neither of them and again for the record

I HAVE NO INTEREST IN HAVING THEM!

I don't want any limelight either, just to be able to voice an opinion which may differ from other peoples, without being accused of it being more than it is and being called all sorts of sh1te!

One thing I HAVE noticed though, is there seems to be people who don't comment about things very often, suddenly having a voice..... so who's after the limelight?

It would seem to be people with brown tongues as far as I can see!

For those who feel the need to reply, please do so, but you will get no response as I really couldn't care less about this fiasco, oh and not nice is it when the boots on the other foot!

Yes, like I said (and I believe you are like me too) that I wouldn't be a minion when I made my post...

The trouble is, if it had been left to some in the scene many years ago, we would probably have only been getting MPU5 by now, if that - and to be honest if things went the way they were heading, there wouldn't even have been a scene left at all.

Guitar, like I have said is a very talented lad - but once again showed the true coders colours with the 'f**k it - I quit' post - the time-in-memorable quote that happens when some people dare say anything that may differ in their opinion to the emulator creator.

It happened with Wizard, with DialTone and now with Guitar... 

MAME gets on with it - there is a community there, so that if one leaves, it’ll still be being worked on - it is team effort - many people, myself included, don't have to code to contribute to a scene... Donations to keep sites going, contributions to ROMS, jpegs, flyers, community buys - even just posting - each person contributes to FME in their own way.

We aren't all uniform - we all don't have the same opinion, as seeing as though this has always been an FME forum (well it was when I signed up 13 years ago and was a Moderator here) - then we can all voice an opinion. 

So - my post was legitimate - along with others who have posted - concerning the Amber emulator. It doesn't function as it should (because it was released in beta for the community to work on, which a lot of people did, especially over at DAD's FME forums, but most couldn't get the emulator to work at all because of incompatible hardware on their PCs - it hadn't even been tested on Windows 10 - and seeing as though Guitar said you needed a latest specs, upgraded RAM or even a new PC, then on Windows - 10 is the only operating system you get now!).

When people were saying things about the emulator, after a few tweaks, and things still weren't working, then the chestnut about upgrading your PC was again thrown in (which leads to the fact that again you've got to have Windows 10 as it is the latest operating system, and it hadn't even been tested on that prior to release - and many weren't able to play it then)

I have never sought 'limelight' whatsoever in FME circles... I've always got on with the vast majority of members throughout the FME forums - but I have always spoken my mind when I feel that it should be...

I'm sorry if some of you don't like that - but I'm not going to change - and if criticism is due, to anybody... I will give it, the same as I do thanking for layouts, praise for the good people do for FME in general and also love for the support the majority of you have all given me these past few years.

FME and Fruit-Emu inparticular, as always been a team to me, but like most teams, disagreements break out - it is all part of the game of working together and the quicker some coders who have come and gone can grasp that, the better for FME

Peace and love guys

Daryl x

#40 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

I've learnt over the years that it's best not to get too emotionally involved with anything in fme. 

J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users