Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Project Amber 2 has been released, sort of...

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#81 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

That's me told lol. Thanks for the info Matty, off to find some gold leaf in my poo lol.

Apologies if it came across as rude or anything, just thought I'd get straight to the point for anyone else who will be reading.

#82 AH765

AH765

• Regulars
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

Thanks so much for the emulator Guitar. It will be fantastic to be able to play Epoch games. Really does take the scene forward.  Unfortunately I cannot get it to run without crashing. I get no error messages since I have downloaded the C++ redistrabutable thing and also Direct X updater software that was kindly posted by someone in this thread.  I can get the menu but as soon as I click offline play it crashes saying" windows can not run because of a problem windows will close the programme" Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Thanks

#83 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

That's the point where it's getting a list of layouts and roms. You need to extract them to the right places.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#84 prizeguy2005

prizeguy2005

• Regulars
  • 521 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

i have got past it giving it me error codes on the 32 bit to the point in now crashes upon loading the simpsons get to about 80% on the load bar then says windows stopped working. Getting a new pc next month anyway but still trying to get it on my  laptop. have the roms 4 files? all extracted to amber rom folder

#85 alansthedaddy

alansthedaddy

Former tooler/player........

• Regulars
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:34 AM

Nails....a wouldn't class it as a cheat but am sure on 1 of the simpsons theres a hidden IM board. The cash button on the feature board flashes when you first get the board :err:

P.S. A tried to quote nails' post but a don't know how to do it cos when a click quote nothing happens.....any help??

Edited by alansthedaddy, 11 July 2016 - 04:36 AM.

Posted Image

#86 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:59 PM

Hi, to anyone online on fruit-emu and who has proj amber 2 running, a couple of questions. A. I get a coin error when I hastily put coins into the simpsons machine. Am I being too hasty? Would this happen on a normal machine? B. On the board, I get a JP. I am asked yes or no for a repeat chance. Always no! Is that a bug? C. to guitar, can you please make the menu system more "Screen reader" friendly as you develop this programme? I am ALWAYS needing sighted assistance, the capitals is not me being rude but just a suggestion to make Project Amber accessible to all. I am currently remembering mouse positions and clicks and my mother to help me. and last question, on the simpsons board what does "You're gonna wait for a long time!" mean? I take it I have lost. Also, what is the feature where the hold buttons play a melody and you have to repeat it? I always get it right being blind and loving music.

#87 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

The frase is your going away for a long time, this is when you land on game over. The feature is proberbly follow me what you reffer to. Can't help with the other questions as I can't get amber to run yet.
Hold the bells mate.

#88 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

Hi, to anyone online on fruit-emu and who has proj amber 2 running, a couple of questions. A. I get a coin error when I hastily put coins into the simpsons machine. Am I being too hasty? Would this happen on a normal machine? B. On the board, I get a JP. I am asked yes or no for a repeat chance. Always no! Is that a bug? C. to guitar, can you please make the menu system more "Screen reader" friendly as you develop this programme? I am ALWAYS needing sighted assistance, the capitals is not me being rude but just a suggestion to make Project Amber accessible to all. I am currently remembering mouse positions and clicks and my mother to help me. and last question, on the simpsons board what does "You're gonna wait for a long time!" mean? I take it I have lost. Also, what is the feature where the hold buttons play a melody and you have to repeat it? I always get it right being blind and loving music.

it doesn't happen to me the coin error.
It says "your going away for a long time".

#89 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

Thanks guys, great help Tommy C and Richy1976. Not had coin error for a bit, think I was inserting them too hasty.

#90 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

The coin up is supposed to be protected, so its a bug in the coin error protection, I had it happen last night while I was testing Simpsons. The fix is to add coins slowly for now.

And yes, no repeat is pretty much standard on this machine.

#91 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

The jackpot can only repeat when the streak pot is open. Usually £40-£50 streak on these. Could be costly to force, even when full.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#92 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

If you screw up the logic for a specific branch instruction, you'll get repeats quite often too. Its fixed now but was an early issue.

#93 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

I used to play these you could sack off the red boards. It could only repeat when streaking though. I played extensively late 80s to late 90s.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#94 mickjones

mickjones

• Regulars
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

thanks for this amber emu release,.. prob like others, every time i run this app, it comes up with  dx..blah...blah.... ,dll is missing, try re-installing

....any chance of me ever running this or am i gonna be one of the few who has a different laptop ?

:)

#95 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

still having problems running project amber 2 i have windows 10 x64 and i keep getting errors cant run etc what do i need to download to run amber 2 i have tired to download what it tells me on here but no joy

#96 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

the direct x failed to install

#97 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

how do you run a game

#98 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

it works on windows 8 i  click online play ad get a black screen im starting to give up now fed up someone help

#99 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

it works on windows 8 i  click online play ad get a black screen im starting to give up now fed up someone help

There is help for this for a number of issues - if you take time to search...

Read the beginning of this thread you've posted in here you'll find various troubleshoot work throughs and updates to get it running -and if it doesn't after all that... Then you need a new PC!

When I was a Moderator here, you were always the same - you never searched for anything and expected everyone to do it for you, instead of looking for the info that is already there if you take the time to read through!

I have dementia as you know and it has taken me just two minutes to get this info for you... 

Good luck in getting it running by the way - you'll probably need it, as I did too!  :bigeyes19:

#100 jon2007

jon2007

playing

• Regulars
  • 470 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:09 AM

i have read all that but i dont understand why doesnt someone show me on a video or something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users