Photo
- - - - -

Ten Years.......

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:09 PM

15/16 years I reckon since I found the Ales's Hovel

http://dadsfme.co.uk...ovel/index.html

The Hovel, in the news section, August 2001, gives us a nostalgic look back at the brief history before FME became mainstream.

Mpuworld website forget about that. One of the original sites.

#22 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:22 PM

I was exactly the same. With a new layout coming out more than once a day it was mental. Was backing up to cds all the time. Had the get the layouts from the pc down stairs via floppy disks. Restricted me with the 1.44mb lol! I got a 100mb zip drive in the end, just to move things across. Bit the bullet when dvd writers came out and bought a vivastar for £300! Thin the blanks were £1 each! It wrote at a mighty 1x :)

Ahh, downloading at 3.6kb a second. They were the days :D I do miss dialling up though haha.

The things we'd do for FME, I got two laptops one in the early and one in the mid 2000's, the first one I specifically had to do have a 1600 res screen and the second had to have a full hd display, solely because of being able to play all the FME layouts on it. No hoping for a laptop 1024*768 versions for me. Now of course 1920 screen laptops are reasonably cheap, but I paid a premium at the time because I couldn't do without my FME on the move.

#23 flying_giraffe

flying_giraffe

• Regulars
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

must be about 15 yrs too, i was fascinated by emulation of any kind, then trying to play a speccy on my amiga, to looking at pinball, which is where i got a link, i never thought fruit machines could be done because of reels, how wrong was i, spent ages queuing up all i could find, mostly classics i think,  then leaving them to download at about 3kbs lol

#24 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

Roller Coaster was the first game I downloaded, from MPUWorld. 20 minutes watching the download bar.

Seems surreal to almost be playing it again in my own emulator.

• spa likes this

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users