23 replies to this topic

#1 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

Yes i can't believe i've been a member here for ten years now,Can still remember the rush i got when i saw the downloads section with all those classics from the 90's in. I was up all through the night playing viva espana,andy capp,viva las vegas and many more.Mad how time flies,been some good times over the years,things have slowed right down now compared to back then.Could still be hope though when project amber makes an appearance.

Hold the bells mate.

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

Ten years... And you've provided us with many superb Wdx's in those ten years many of which i play regularly, and thanks to your ten years expertise in this field and for showing me and others the way into emulation, here's to the next ten years 

Thankyou for your input.

Question for you what is your best layout and your hardest layout you've made in the past ten years??

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:43 PM

Tbh I'm not sure which my best would be,i'll admit 70 % of my releases could have had more time put in to em.I'm not a very patient person at times.I think my favourite would be roller coaster,got some real help from dad,mort and others with that one,turned out to be a real nice dx.

Hold the bells mate.

#4 barcrest junky

barcrest junky

• Moderators
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

Congratulations, to survive I've 10 years as one of the nice guys of FME.

Here's to another 10. Wonder what that will bring.

bj

#5 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

Time flies.

#6 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:03 AM

Congratulations, to survive I've 10 years as one of the nice guys of FME.

bj

Chemical fires probably :)

I am knocking on the door of 15 years now!

Can still remember looking for snes and mega drive emulators and coming across the hovel. Downloading the emulator and andy capp classic. Also leaving for the night and trying it the next day for the wow factor!

Never looked back and know I will be here in another 15 years, unless I drop down dead :D

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

Chemical fires probably :)

I am knocking on the door of 15 years now!

Can still remember looking for snes and mega drive emulators and coming across the hovel. Downloading the emulator and andy capp classic. Also leaving for the night and trying it the next day for the wow factor!

Never looked back and know I will be here in another 15 years, unless I drop down dead :D

Beats my 2003, then it was the likes of you that made it possible.

Damn shame some don't realise that :(

• spa likes this

#8 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

Gongrats TommyC same here or nearly 10 years mate!

Regarding releases, same as you I ain't patient at all, some of my early DX's where shocking lol.  As I got on they became a bit better, never really up to Pook or Fuzion standard, but my best 5 below, the 5 I enjoyed doing the most, considering the artwork on 3 of them I'm pretty pleased how they came out.

Still got a few unfinished, need to get them done some day!

Attached Files

• Attached File  BBWDX.jpg   100.47KB   2 downloads
  • Attached File  BT.jpg   562.15KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  WK.jpg   477.38KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  CP.jpg   284.73KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  GFG.jpg   363.13KB   1 downloads

Edited by £6 In Tokens, 13 June 2016 - 04:22 PM.

"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#9 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

I've done about 17 years lol.

I remember finding the emulator, when doing a search for fruit machine simulators, as I was on one of my many giving up the fruit machine attempts.

Downloaded the emulator, called MPU3/4 emulator before MFME, it hadn't been long since it had become available for free. I downloaded a classic layout of Club Blackjack, the one with G for George on it and was absolutely stunned, I was actually playing a real machine on my computer.

I remember there were a few other layouts around as well and I was really excited, like a little kid in a sweet shop lol. Remember ringing my mate to tell him.

That was it for me, addicted to it for the next 11 years or so.

#10 TommyC

TommyC

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

Gongrats TommyC same here or nearly 10 years mate!

Regarding releases, same as you I ain't patient at all, some of my early DX's where shocking lol.  As I got on they became a bit better, never really up to Pook or Fuzion standard, but my best 5 below, the 5 I enjoyed doing the most, considering the artwork on 3 of them I'm pretty pleased how they came out.

Still got a few unfinished, need to get them done some day!

Did a real great job with them layouts,you posted pics of mate,love the lamping on em.

Hold the bells mate.

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

I've done about 17 years lol.

I remember finding the emulator, when doing a search for fruit machine simulators, as I was on one of my many giving up the fruit machine attempts.

Downloaded the emulator, called MPU3/4 emulator before MFME, it hadn't been long since it had become available for free. I downloaded a classic layout of Club Blackjack, the one with G for George on it and was absolutely stunned, I was actually playing a real machine on my computer.

I remember there were a few other layouts around as well and I was really excited, like a little kid in a sweet shop lol. Remember ringing my mate to tell him.

That was it for me, addicted to it for the next 11 years or so.

Bought a Disc off of ebay, had 5 Classics on it and that lead me to the FME sites......Bastard charged me (I think) in excess of a Fiver !!

But don't I appreciate it now :)

#12 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

bj

Amber 2 may be out by then! :D

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#13 wearecity

wearecity

MFME v whatever the next version number user.

• Gold Supporters
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Bought a Disc off of ebay, had 5 Classics on it and that lead me to the FME sites......Bastard charged me (I think) in excess of a Fiver !!

But don't I appreciate it now :)

I think I got a disk off Ebay once, but it was free, with some pinball tables layouts.

I used to make my own cd disks with layouts on them, in the early days as back ups. So many layouts were released in the early 2000's, so I used to do a new disk every month or so for a couple of years.

We used to have an old 486 processor PC in work (not a work computer, but someone bought it in as they were going to bin it) and I remember putting machines on it, so on night shifts when things were dead, we used to play them. I also used to take disks around to mates, to put the latest layouts, on their computers.

I even typed up a quick users guide for them, how to load the emulator, the layouts into the emulator, keyboard shortcuts in general, how to change the % and price of play, set the speed etc.... and to explain the different fruit machine techs and which emulators they worked on, when M1a and Jpemu came out etc...

#14 stardust

stardust

Daryl

• Regulars
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

I've forgotten how many years I've done here (both as 'stardust' and my alter-ego) and all the other FME forums (only DAD's I use now it's back)...

But I'm sure for a few - it has been far too many than they'd like...  :bigeyes19:

#15 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

13 years (RDP and alter ego!!! 'asteroth') and before that, spent many an hour on the Dxcellent site.

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#16 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

I think I got a disk off Ebay once, but it was free, with some pinball tables layouts.

I used to make my own cd disks with layouts on them, in the early days as back ups. So many layouts were released in the early 2000's, so I used to do a new disk every month or so for a couple of years.

We used to have an old 486 processor PC in work (not a work computer, but someone bought it in as they were going to bin it) and I remember putting machines on it, so on night shifts when things were dead, we used to play them. I also used to take disks around to mates, to put the latest layouts, on their computers.

I even typed up a quick users guide for them, how to load the emulator, the layouts into the emulator, keyboard shortcuts in general, how to change the % and price of play, set the speed etc.... and to explain the different fruit machine techs and which emulators they worked on, when M1a and Jpemu came out etc...

I was exactly the same. With a new layout coming out more than once a day it was mental. Was backing up to cds all the time. Had the get the layouts from the pc down stairs via floppy disks. Restricted me with the 1.44mb lol! I got a 100mb zip drive in the end, just to move things across. Bit the bullet when dvd writers came out and bought a vivastar for £300! Thin the blanks were £1 each! It wrote at a mighty 1x :)

Ahh, downloading at 3.6kb a second. They were the days :D I do miss dialling up though haha.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#17 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:12 PM

First found about FME on the old MSN Message boards.  Back around 2002, I think.  Joined up there, and have never looked back.  Here's a link so you can see what the old message board looked like:  http://web.archive.o...ssageboard.msnw

Most of the links on the above archive won't work.  You'll only be able to see the messages, and who they were started by.  I think the whole MSN Message boards were properly archived by Alex Maroney years ago.  Does anyone have the full archive?

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#18 ricardo de ponsa

ricardo de ponsa

Man Of Science

• Regulars
  • 1110 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

Remember 56k and 9600 baud dial up on Bulletin boards. Thank god for the internet and Broadband!!!!!!!!

Attached Files

Don't come round and steal my Cheerios !!!!

#19 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:53 PM

15/16 years I reckon since I found the Ales's Hovel

http://dadsfme.co.uk...ovel/index.html

#20 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

I,m still a youngster amongst all you veteran's in the  Fme  world, who knows when I get to all your's stages in fme life I might actually produce a mega 3D layout LOL.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users